Why did this 348 sell for only $25,000? | Page 3 | FerrariChat

Why did this 348 sell for only $25,000?

Discussion in '348/355' started by ohio1121, Nov 8, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Nader

Nader Formula Junior

Feb 12, 2011
    East of Seattle
    Good on the buyer for resisting "paralysis by analysis."

VBTURBO2 likes this.
  2. rmani

rmani F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    NJ
    Full Name:
    RMani
    very good point. I wasn't trying to totally diminish the 348. The styling is just so awesome

3. vdettore

vdettore Formula Junior

Mar 3, 2017
    Georgia Coast
    Full Name:
    Vince
    I paid about the same for my 348 almost 2 yrs ago, but after a major, a block repair and a few other things I’m in it over $50k. I learned a low entry price for a Ferrari probably means money will need to be spent (usually the major at minimum).
    And that’s ok .

Vince FerrariChat.com mobile app

4. Wade

Wade Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner

Mar 31, 2006
    East Central, FL
    Full Name:
    Wade O.
    And today's traffic! :(

5. Wade

Wade Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner

Mar 31, 2006
    East Central, FL
    Full Name:
    Wade O.
    Bravo Sir.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

6. taz355

taz355 F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Feb 18, 2008
    Indio Ca/ Alberta
    Full Name:
    Grant

Yes but niw you have a well sorted car for 50 you can drive. Good decision.

VBTURBO2 and vdettore like this.
  7. Outrun

Outrun Karting

Somehow it doesn’t hurt so bad if you pay the damage bit by bit!

vdettore likes this.
  8. vdettore

vdettore Formula Junior

Mar 3, 2017
    Georgia Coast
    Full Name:
    Vince
    Oh I agree. And I know the ins and outs of this car now.

Vince FerrariChat.com mobile app

9. VBTURBO2

VBTURBO2 Karting

Jun 21, 2010
    Or you could buy a low milage example for 50k that needs a service then worry about how many miles you put on it. Id rather drive the heck out of it and have 50k in it.

vdettore likes this.
  10. Chupacabra

Chupacabra F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Sep 30, 2005
    Behind a drum kit
    Full Name:
    Mr. Chupacabra
    Agreed...and there are things you can do if you want more performance :) Of course, I’m the type that would spend 458 money on modding a 308 to go like a 458 because I like the styling of the 308 more!

MrMoonyMan and vdettore like this.
  11. roobarb

roobarb Rookie

May 15, 2014
    Buy it now, and cheap price, I would want to see it and check numbers before I parted with cash.
    Plenty of scams lurking on ebay.

12. BT

BT F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 21, 2005
    FL / GA
    Full Name:
    Bill Tracy
    The buyer finished his semi-restoration and major service recently. The car looks, sounds, and should drive fantastic! The wheels he got are dynamite! I'm guessing he is in it for about $35k at this point maximum.

:)
    BT

VBTURBO2 likes this.
  13. VBTURBO2

VBTURBO2 Karting

Jun 21, 2010
    Hi, thanks. Yes it is almost done. Ive taken off the fuel lines that I had a company remake now so its not running again and I am putting on different ones now with Aeromotive adjustable fuel pressure regulators as well. Thinking of doing turbos later on.

BT likes this.
  14. Ferrarium

Ferrarium F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 28, 2018
    Central NJ
    Full Name:
    Eric
  15. jferrante

jferrante Formula Junior

Jul 9, 2016
    VBTURBO2 likes this.
  16. Ferrarium

Ferrarium F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 28, 2018
    Central NJ
    Full Name:
    Eric
    He had big plans for it. Turbos and all that. I wonder why hes really selling it?

VBTURBO2 likes this.
  17. FSM348

FSM348 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 13, 2017
    Midwest
    Full Name:
    Dan Smith

Most likely figured costs for turbos on a Ferrari 348 when for same money you could sell it and buy a cheap 430.

18. VBTURBO2

VBTURBO2 Karting

Jun 21, 2010
    Hi, yes it is up for sale now. I did have plans to turbo it ect....however in January an old friend asked me to do a new business adventure with him. I have since done so and could use the money for the new business as we grow. Had I known about this idea before I spent so much money on the car and all the parts ect....I would not have done so.
    I have another car at the house I simply cannot part with and to me is not replaceable so I decided to let this one go. My buddy at ATS exotic just finished another turbo Ferrari, a Mondial. At 6.5 psi of boost it put down 410 whp. He has a 308 that makes over 550 whp. This would have been a fun car to turbocharge but plans have changed for now. I plan in the future to build another one but at this time I think (and hope) I'm making the best decision on selling this car. My partner keeps telling me not to but I would feel better about having the extra cash on hand with having a new business and all that goes into making it all work.

I look forward to my 3rd Ferrari ownership and again it will be another 348. I love the feeling of a true drivers car and to me the 348 is the car of choice for just that.

My instagram is also Vbturbo2 and I did a build page on Facebook "Ferrari 348 Maintenance " I also have a build page for my other car my MR2 which is "MR2 JGTC build"

Thank you and good luck to everyone

19. VBTURBO2

VBTURBO2 Karting

Jun 21, 2010
    I would rather have the 348 personally. I'm only selling due to a new business venture, but will turbo a 348 one day. For now I have another toy in the garage so I decided to sell this one for extra capital.
    Thank you

20. VBTURBO2

VBTURBO2 Karting

Jun 21, 2010
    Selling do to a new business venture.
    Thank you

21. VBTURBO2

VBTURBO2 Karting

Jun 21, 2010
    Part of me wants to keep it and risk it but the better side of me says to sell it just in case so I'm taking the sell it route. You never know what a new business will do so for now it will go. So much work went into this car and money and I don't see myself being able to replace it for what it will sell for but it will make my relationship with the wife a little easier as well haha. Stress of any new business can get to you so this will ease some of that emotion with the wife hopefully. I will purchase another one in the future I hope but for now it will have to go as we strive to grow in this chapter of our lives. Best of luck to everyone!
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

22. VBTURBO2

VBTURBO2 Karting

Jun 21, 2010
    #72 VBTURBO2, Aug 7, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 7, 2019
    For those of you without a Facebook account here are a couple of pics of my pride and joy MR2. It took me 3 years to complete this car. I rebuilt it from a shell up using all new OEM parts as well as all custom made wheels, suspension, engine, roll bar ect.....I spent over 2500 hours alone hand building the body for the car which is made of fiberglass and aluminum. On low boost the car puts down 635 whp as it sits. I did the entire car myself (minus painting) in my garage including wiring, engine building, brake ducts,rebuilt transmision ect........... 90% of the parts on this car were hand made by me. I shaped, welded, wired, tuned, molded, glassed, bent aluminum until I could not stand it and then some.
    I copied the 1990s JGTC Momo car and its the only one in the world besides the real car. I even had center lock wheels for it but decided to keep the 3 piece wheels for it at this time.
    I hope you can understand why I chose to keep a Toyota over a Ferrari, this car is my heart and soul. I have much more time and money invested in this car to even discuss.
    Thank you
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

Nader, chopsui and steved033 like this.
  23. steved033

steved033 F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Apr 12, 2017
    Atlanta, GA
    Full Name:
    Steve D.
    I love that MR2.

sjd

BOKE and VBTURBO2 like this.
  24. VBTURBO2

VBTURBO2 Karting

Jun 21, 2010
    Thank you, this one will never leave the family.