Why Are 348's so Cheap? | Page 14 | FerrariChat

Why Are 348's so Cheap?

Discussion in '348/355' started by VTChris, May 15, 2006.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. dherman76

dherman76 Formula Junior
    Owner

Feb 25, 2004
    Boston
    Full Name:
    Darren Herman
    I continue to think the 348 + 355 are two of the more beautiful Ferrari's. I read this thread from start to finish this eve. Good stuff dating back to 2005.

2. ferrari930

ferrari930 Karting

Oct 28, 2011
    Well the alternator just S**T itself and I just got towed home. The car decided to cut out right in the middle of the busiest intersection in town in peak hour traffic, awesome luck for me and it would not even attempt to turn over ever again, after jump starting it the alternator is now screaming its head off, even the tubi exhaust system is quiet compared to this sound, ah what a horrible day i have had and it ended even worse. Omg the abuse I got from other drivers, you cant even imagine it seriously, i wanted to knock a few them out, LOL. Ok, time to get this alternator off and throw it in the bin, im installing a Bosch unit

3. Wade

Wade Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner

Mar 31, 2006
    East Central, FL
    Full Name:
    Wade O.
    Sorry for your terrible experience. :(

Note to self, consider the 348 alternator as a time-change item.

4. GTO Joe

GTO Joe Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 15, 2013
    Charlotte, NC
    Full Name:
    Joseph Troutwine
    Murphy's Law at it's worst!

5. AceMaster

AceMaster Three Time F1 World Champ

Feb 6, 2009
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Haters gonna hate....if it was a Honda, nobody would have even noticed you...

6. ferrari930

ferrari930 Karting

Oct 28, 2011
    it was more jealousy, i was passing through a very poor suburb to cut the traffic out as it was peak hour like I said, a Ferrari going through this suburb would be a very rare sight and some people just cant help themselves but criticise. They werent all like that though, some people just sat on the side of the road taking pics with there iphones because they had probably never seen a Ferrari before, LOL.

Anyone else notice how much attention these cars get? I mean I have comments about my 911 Turbo all the time but it doesnt get as much attention as the Ferrari, maybe I should of bought a black one?

7. 4REGT4

4REGT4 Karting

Aug 25, 2006
    Recently had some guy give me a full, pants down moon with his window down (while in my red 328). I believe it's the only time I've had such attention with the 328. The GT4 however... no idea why, but that attracted a great deal of negative attention. Tampons with red jelly thrown all over it in a parking lot, something that looking like Reese's cups smeared on the window spelling out '***", someone spitting from a bus, etc. While driving a Mondial, some idiot swerved towards the car numerous times as if he intended to ram me off the road.

Believe I've had 3 cars get keyed now.

However, the good attention does outweigh the bad. Few weeks ago, some teenage guy ran out of a car at a stop light to take a picture of the 328. I stopped at the nearby post office soon after and a woman stopped me to laugh about the kid that ran out into the road :p I've seen people run over to cars I've owned to model with them, but someone jumping out into the road was a first.

8. Kaivball

Kaivball Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jan 11, 2007
    Kalifornia
    Wow, where do you live?

Have not had any of this ever happen in 7 years of ownership.

Kai

9. ferrari930

ferrari930 Karting

Oct 28, 2011
    Ummm, ok maybe I should sell it?

10. Nosevi

Nosevi Formula 3

Jul 8, 2011
    Lincoln
    Full Name:
    Pete
    Only 2 years of ownership and never had anything but totally positive reactions to my 348, pictures, smiles, waves, thumbs up. My car is pretty loud (think open pipes with a bit of boom) and even had smiles from the local coppers when I've gone past (and in theory we have noise restrictions). Don't know where you live 4REGT4, but don't sell the car, sell the house and move. Move a long, long way from where ever it is you are.

11. 4REGT4

4REGT4 Karting

Aug 25, 2006
    Has been similar all over FL for me (currently living in Winter Park). Perhaps my age has something to do with it. Was 16 when I got the GT4 and am currently 28 with the 328 (though I still look much younger). I'd be willing to accept that as the reason. Regardless, I have no intention of selling this one ;)

12. Nosevi

Nosevi Formula 3

Jul 8, 2011
    Lincoln
    Full Name:
    Pete
    Good on you :)