why an 412 | FerrariChat

why an 412

Discussion in '365 GT4 2+2/400/412' started by ulf rickard, Feb 23, 2010.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ulf rickard

ulf rickard Formula Junior

Sep 28, 2009
    Sweden
    Full Name:
    Ulf Rickard
    #1 ulf rickard, Feb 23, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    I was inspired by Ashman who encouraged a new member, in another tread, to tell the story about "the car"

My story started 2001 in Margate north of Brisbane. I was visiting a friend who drove an 400 (i suppose, not into Ferraris at that time) as a daily driver. At that time I was not so impressed by the car, it always smelled gasoline.

The model grow on me during the years and, I lost contact with the guy but started collecting information.

I have a weak spot for V12 cars preferably fourseaters and therefore the model suited me.

The last three years I´ve waited for the right oppertunity prepared to buy in Germany/US

Then a small add in an Swedish "ebay" catched my intrest. The car, which was unknown to the people around me in the enthuisast world, was situated 10 minutes from my home offered at an resonable price. I went to look at the car, realized it was a very late car, well maintaned, completelly original, all papers ........bought it on the spot.

Originally sold by "Pozzi" in Paris, France, spent most of it´s life in France, imported to Sweden, 2005 by a Swede, at the time, worked and lived in Paris.

I found, through F-chat (Mika Petit) some pictures of my car parked in Biarritz in the southwest of France in the year 1989. I really appriciate this picture. It was almost brand new with the yellow Pozzi marker already in place in the rear window

I never going to sell this car ! Together with my Espada, some Jags and hopefully an Ghibli during this spring my 412 is finally at home.

Ulf Rickard, Sweden
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. koisokok

koisokok F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Dec 8, 2006
    nine 0 two one 0
    great story Ulf, thanks for sharing!

3. MarkJ

MarkJ Formula Junior

Sep 10, 2006
    NW Arkansas