Why a $52,000,000 Ferrari | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Why a $52,000,000 Ferrari

Discussion in 'Vintage Ferrari Market' started by Onebugatti, Mar 2, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. greg512tr

greg512tr Formula Junior
    Owner

Feb 19, 2002
    Dallas TX
    Full Name:
    Greg B
    This is about a finite supply (12,700) of Enzo Ferraris and an ever increasing pool of billionaires, not an increasing supply by the thousands to meet the appetite for Joe lunch box. Supply cannot be increased. Enzo cars do not need to be resurrected and restored to have value (ie 330 GTS barn find) Apples to Oranges.

2. VIZSLA

VIZSLA Four Time F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jan 11, 2008
    Sarasota
    Full Name:
    David
    Ever expanding pool of billionaires?

Suddenly its 1928.

3. greg512tr

greg512tr Formula Junior
    Owner

Feb 19, 2002
    Dallas TX
    Full Name:
    Greg B

Forbes says a record 1,645 billionaires made the list this year, with an average net worth of $4.7 billion. That’s up from 1,426 billionaires last year with a net worth of $4.2 billion. Total net worth of this year’s list was $6.4 trillion, up from $5.4 trillion last year.

4. VIZSLA

VIZSLA Four Time F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jan 11, 2008
    Sarasota
    Full Name:
    David
    That's the history. What happens next is another question.

5. cheesey

cheesey Formula 3

Jun 23, 2011
    that is billionaires, as in worth at least a billion NET ( for those that need help, means wealth exclusive of any debt )... add in a few multi millionaires ( net )vs top tier collectables... leaving only a few with mega resources that choose F cars and other top tier collectibles chasing an even scarcer supply... with enough of those with mega resources waiting for their favorite collectible to be made available... making top tier collectibles immune from market collapses... as history repeatedly has shown...

6. Vintage V12

Vintage V12 Formula 3

Aug 11, 2004
    #31 Vintage V12, Mar 5, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 5, 2014
    I would not consider anything newer then 1969 vintage. Figure 7500 cars.

7. peterp

peterp F1 Veteran

Aug 31, 2002
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Peter
    If the production numbers in this post (http://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/137847812-post93.html) and my cut & paste into Excel are correct, then 6884 cars were built up to 1969 (inclusive of 1969) and about 4220 cars had been produced when my car was built in Jan 1966.

8. Onebugatti

Onebugatti Formula Junior
    BANNED

Apr 2, 2008
    Centre Europe
    Full Name:
    Christopher
    It does not take billionaires to consume all those 7,500 Ferraris. Figure that money comes and goes, and a Ferrari in the garage is now a known tangible asset. Figure in how many vintage Ferrari race cars /special cars/ prototypes etc- I doubt it's 500 cars of all configurations. How many race cars from 1947-1960? That number is Less than all existing racing Bugattis built, less than all existing Monet and a fraction of all painted Picasso oils. The supply will never be enough for the new world we have emerging.

Just speaking Ferrari Cars - the marque is the legend now. It commanded a broad based demand that Ferrari is establishing with the use of history. Ferrari history is about vintage cars. It’s a brand soaked with historical lure, a genius engineer that rocked, current factory support of the marque, a cult following and high life events.

Bugatti produced a total of 7,500 cars. The Veyron is cancelled, 40 cars unsold. Where Bugatti failed in linking their past in a real way targeting Gangsters for clients and other foolish marketing errors that made way for the death of the Veyron.

Ferrari thrives at a high level of respect, continuous unbroken racing for 6 decades and something that only can be described as Authentic. That is power. That drives the classic market also.

I met with Montezemolo yesterday on the T-California launch and you can see his commitment to the past. He showed me a new in house department that will restore ordering a car to the old way of haute couture car building. That past, that fabric of involving those 7’500 historical cars we speak of, will be used for decades ahead in recognizing of the marque. That is the future. Luca wants it all, and that is part of the Ferrari drive. His commitment to the past will drive the values and demand. Now that Piero Ferrari is signing on to the classiche department, more creditability will merge. That’s important to the marque, and it’s on the Ferrari drawing board.

Why such high values for classic Ferraris? Step out of our oil smelling , man cave garages filled with spare parts and oil leaks for a minute....... Ask what a Ferrari means to Dazza Brigitte, a newbie in the Ferrari world, and a real looker. . On her contemporized words you can bank on those 7’500 cars being cherished assets for the next decades in the shuffling of this new world order, I quote her ;

‘’ A Ferrari represents success, freedom, art , power, elegance and status. Traits that embody all those most driven to success in their careers’’

9. cheesey

cheesey Formula 3

Jun 23, 2011
    #34 cheesey, Mar 6, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 6, 2014
    there is no shortage of those wanting to get into an F car or other high end car...just saw a statistic that shows that there are 167,000 people in the world with a net worth in excess of $30,000,000...

want to confirm you are living in the cheap seats, this is how much real estate a $1,000,000 will buy:

Monaco, the currently the #1 real estate market, will only get 160 sq ft of space

New York, City ranking # 6, will only get 430 sq ft of space

there are a lot people that can easily afford to pay the "lofty prices" we are seeing on F cars...those grousing the most about future pricing and affordability of F cars must be crying "foul" or "fire" from their cheap seats of shrinking resources... there is no need for concern at the numbers we are seeing, except how do we get on that train

10. merstheman

merstheman F1 Rookie

Apr 13, 2007
    São Paulo, Brazil
    Full Name:
    Mario
    Doesn't really count when you sell it to yourself.

11. Xtremradial

Xtremradial Rookie

Nov 14, 2013
    Watchland
    totally off-market, I heard (from a fellow Swiss banker) of a 1963 250 GTO for sale in the UK (RHD)... so if you know one of those thousands of bilionaires looking to spend some money... Please contact me by PM

12. F SPIDER

F SPIDER F1 Rookie
    Owner

Jan 30, 2002
    NYC, A'dam, W'stock
    Full Name:
    rijk rietveld
    I only know five, and I have the same experience. Non of them are into cars....

13. F SPIDER

F SPIDER F1 Rookie
    Owner

Jan 30, 2002
    NYC, A'dam, W'stock
    Full Name:
    rijk rietveld
    Nobody paints like Rembrandt any more. Rarity trumps practicality. Non of these extremely valuable cars are driven on public roads any more already.....