Who's going to the GMP Performance gig tomorrow? | FerrariChat

Who's going to the GMP Performance gig tomorrow?

Discussion in 'North & South Carolina' started by Doug Kless, Oct 13, 2006.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Doug Kless

Doug Kless Formula Junior

May 24, 2004
    Huntersville, NC
    I think J David Scott The Great and Buddy are rollin up from Columbia. Anyone else?

2. 308nut

308nut Formula 3
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 22, 2002
    NOLA/Covington
    Full Name:
    Wade
    Stephen sent me an email the other day, I will be there.

Wade

3. L8Braker

L8Braker Formula 3

Nov 10, 2003
    Asheville NC
    Full Name:
    Jeremy Stafford
    I've been before....decent crowd. Have fun guys.

I'll see you next week for Euro-Fest

4. 308nut

308nut Formula 3
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 22, 2002
    NOLA/Covington
    Full Name:
    Wade
    http://www.gmpperformance.com/index.cfm?PG=detail&PID=160945

Fallout OPEN HOUSE 2006
    (GMP PN#: ) - Search By Car

Show scheduled from 10a-5-pm. Come out to GMP at 710 Pressley Road during the day and enjoy an afternoon with fellow car enthusiasts. Grab lunch, check out some cars and have some fun. You may even take home a free raffle prize! (Raffle tickets will be given out before lunch only)

A wide variety of enthusiasts vehicles from as far south as Georgia and north as Maryland!

Manufacturers Representatives from APR, BBS, Bilstein, Eibach, Michelin, SPEC Clutch, and Unorthodox here to show you products and answer questions. The latest RH Wheels from Germany and 3-Piece wheels from HRE, EIII and Modulare on display. Kleemann Mercedes Tuning and speedART Porsche Tuning products on display. Orders placed will receive special OPEN HOUSE pricing.

For Mercedes, BMW and Porsche, place an order a PowerChip ECU upgrade and receive 15% off!

All instock items from Samco, Eibach, H&R, B&M, Bilstein, Koni, Tokico, GHL, APR, AC Schnitzer, Ingalls, Recaro, Sparco, Carbonio, speedART, Kleemann, RD Sport, RH, PIAA will be sold at OPEN HOUSE special prices.

Free installs on: Chip upgrades, diverter valves, single exit cat-back exhausts and K&N filters. Items must be in stock or pre-ordered for the day of the show. Please schedule an install appointment before the day of the show to guarantee available merchandise and time.

Manufacturers Showcase Schedule:

10:00am-10:30am: Unorthodox Racing Presentation:

Shawn Baumgartner, owner of Unorthodox, will give a presentation of the concept of Underdriving/Overdriving pulleys. Some interesting topics to touch on are the misconceptions about harmonic vibration, electronic lifespan decrease and design aspects such as vehicle testing.

Special Show Pricing:
    Not yet confirmed

Raffle Prize:
    Not yet confirmed

11:00am-11:30am: Michelin Presentation

Richard Winchester of Michelin will present the Michelin PS2, Michelin Pilot Sport A/S and Michelin Pilot Sport Cup with a focused comparison of each tires benefits to certain driving styles.

Special Show Pricing:
    Not yet confirmed

Raffle Prize:
    Not yet confirmed

11:30am-12:00pm: APR Presentation

Keith Lucas, sales manager for APR, has made the trip to explain the science of chip tuning and highlight APR's exhaust line, turbo-kits and intercoolers, and various products in their pursuit to improve the performance of VW and Audi vehicle's.

Special Show Pricing:
    Onsite Chip Tuning Special by APR for Audi/VW. Buy the first program and get the second one free or buy any two programs and get a completely loaded ECU. This is over $1000 value for $699 (tax included).

Raffle Prize:
    Not yet confirmed

12:00pm-1:00pm: Lunch Cookout

1:00pm-2:00pm: Shop Tour/Hunter balancing machine demonstration:

Tire Demo:
    Tommy Patterson from GMP will demonstrate our new Hunter RoadForce Equipment and Stephen will help answer any questions. We will show how to mount and dismount a 19x11.5 reverse mount, 3-piece wheel with a 315x25x19 MK and Michelin PS2. Second, we will mount and dismount a 24" EIII and 24" BFG. Finally, we will show how the road force works. Nick Nicholson's tire has 37lbs of roadforce and we are replacing it. We will show how we can first see it on screen, and then adjust it to minimize the roadforce to where it is better than acceptable.

2:00pm-2:30pm: BBS Presentation

Mike Cox from BBS will show us what is new and exciting at BBS. The newest is the forged line of wheels from BBS Japan. Also, BBS is working to strengthen their wheel without increasing the weight using AIR technology. For motorsports guys, the resurgence of BBS in Motorsports reunites the iconic wheel brand with the track joining forces with teams such as the Corvette C6R race team providing a wheel that is 1.5lb lighter and 40% stiffer.

Special Show Pricing:
    20% off

Raffle Prize:
    Hats, shirts and a Gift Certificate for $100 off a cast set or $200 off a forged set of wheels.

3:00pm-3:30pm: SPEC Clutch Presentation

Jeremy Auvil, sales Manager from SPEC clutch, has made the trip to explain harnessing your vehicles power with their various stage clutches and flywheels.

Special Show Pricing:
    Spec is bringing 25 kits to sell 15% off. 10% off on all orders.

Raffle Prize:
    Not yet confirmed

4:00pm-5:00pm: Raffle Giveaways & Closing Comments

Additional Raffle Prizes:
    B&M Equipment Bag
    B&M Short Shifter
    Eibach Spring Kit
    Kleemann Polo Shirts

List Price GMP Retail Your Price Unit
    CALL Each

5. RedlineG60

RedlineG60 Formula 3

Dec 25, 2003
    Simpsonville, SC
    Full Name:
    Andy Thomason
    i was gonna go until i found out there was no dyno.

6. Doug Kless

May 24, 2004
    Huntersville, NC

Andy, Andy, Andy.....

Saddle up and bring that Fred Flintstone ride up here....I'll let you shine my wheels.

:)

7. fms650

fms650 Karting

Aug 7, 2004
    Charlotte
    Full Name:
    Fender
    What's the word Andy?? How is the 2000 running?

8. L8Braker

L8Braker Formula 3

Nov 10, 2003
    Asheville NC
    Full Name:
    Jeremy Stafford
    Andy your car has no power, so why would you dyno it? hahaha My diesel truck worked your s2000 over last night! *8^)

Hey Doug make sure your 348 is ready for the E55 next weekend hahaha

9. fms650

fms650 Karting

Aug 7, 2004
    Charlotte
    Full Name:
    Fender
    Are we tinting?

10. Doug Kless

May 24, 2004
    Huntersville, NC
    I hear ya puddin pop.....

Word has it that you gave Mr. J David a straight line frog stompin. With your a/c running and sunroof open none the less...:) Ouch...

You ain't going to be shootin no fish in the barrel with me...Got the latest flux capacitor bolted on and am going to do some chip shopping tomorrow. I may even give you a half car length to keep it even......Hehehe

Lunacy lives on........

11. L8Braker

L8Braker Formula 3

Nov 10, 2003
    Asheville NC
    Full Name:
    Jeremy Stafford
    No tinting yet.....won't have time as we will be headed to GSP area. Will do though.

Just wait Doug! The sleeper turns into a reaper. Ask Andy he rode in it last night.

12. RedlineG60

RedlineG60 Formula 3

Dec 25, 2003
    Simpsonville, SC
    Full Name:
    Andy Thomason
    correction, my car has no torque...

and maybe i should sell it................naaaaah but I got another speeding ticket last night lol. thats two in 4 months since ive had it

13. L8Braker

L8Braker Formula 3

Nov 10, 2003
    Asheville NC
    Full Name:
    Jeremy Stafford
    ohh man what had i just got done telling you?????? Buy a friggin radar detector you D$%^ A$$

ay yay yay what are we going to do with you?

14. fms650

fms650 Karting

Aug 7, 2004
    Charlotte
    Full Name:
    Fender
    ANDY??? Whats going on man...you trying to impress the ladies or runnin' with the night crew?

15. rated///M

rated///M Formula Junior

Nov 3, 2003
    Charlotte, NC
    Full Name:
    Trevor Ely
    I showed up later during the afternoon, and it was actually a pretty good time...Good raffle, incredible weather and a good group of folks, along with vendors.

Pictures from the event can be found here...

http://nceuro.org/forums/viewtopic.php?t=5407

16. bruceski3

bruceski3 Formula Junior

Feb 6, 2004
    East TN
    Full Name:
    Bruce
    Andy,

I hope your not trying to copy me and have 3 speeding tickets in less than 7 months like I had in my Civic last year. Maybe it's a Honda thing and the cops are just being racist. Discrimination I tell ya , Discrimination!!
    Btw I have to vouch a radar dectector has saved my ass twice this year.

17. iceburns288

iceburns288 Formula 3

Jun 19, 2004
    Bay Area, CA
    Full Name:
    Charles M.
    ^I'm 16, drive a 350Z, and have got zero tickets in almost 7 months with no radar detector. Maybe it's not the cops? ;)

18. RedlineG60

RedlineG60 Formula 3

Dec 25, 2003
    Simpsonville, SC
    Full Name:
    Andy Thomason
    u got some luck. i am retarded tho i stole my dad's stage 3 S4 last night and raced some turbo civic then raced an e36 M3 in my car lol.

19. Ricambi America

Ricambi America F1 World Champ
    Sponsor Owner

Andy -

Don't do that on the streets. I have a wife and child who use those roads too.

Go to the FCA event with David at Roebling, or come up to VIR with the NC crew.

20. RedlineG60

RedlineG60 Formula 3

Dec 25, 2003
    Simpsonville, SC
    Full Name:
    Andy Thomason
    wasn't nobody around at 1am on the hwy ;). i want to do a track day so bad though

21. Juan-Manuel Fantango

Juan-Manuel Fantango F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 18, 2004
    Full Name:
    Juan
    If yoo save the money you spend on tickets and insurance, you will have your track fee many times over.

22. RedlineG60

RedlineG60 Formula 3

Dec 25, 2003
    Simpsonville, SC
    Full Name:
    Andy Thomason
    i have the money. i just don't have the days off from work.

23. iceburns288

iceburns288 Formula 3

Jun 19, 2004
    Bay Area, CA
    Full Name:
    Charles M.
    Luck? You brag about what you did last night in your dad's car and have the balls to say you got two tickets because of bad luck?

24. RedlineG60

RedlineG60 Formula 3

Dec 25, 2003
    Simpsonville, SC
    Full Name:
    Andy Thomason
    nope i got two tickets cuz i was speeding. and if i was 16 and had a 350Z i would have tickets too. most 16 yo's driving around in a 280hp car aren't going to be driving slow, therefore i threw you into the stereotypical 16 yo category considering we are all about performance driving lol and figured you speed every so once in a while too ;)