Who's going to Indy for the F1 race? | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Who's going to Indy for the F1 race?

Discussion in 'North Central - USA (MI, IN, OH, KY, WV)' started by chris marsh, Feb 21, 2007.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. cessnav8or

cessnav8or Formula 3

May 28, 2004
    Louisville, KY
    Full Name:
    Aaron
    I got a couple extra tickets in Section E which is Turn 1 fro the IRL race and the Last turn fro F1 in my opinion these are great you get to see them come off of the road course and hear their engines rev up for the straight away and also it is the entrance to the pit. If you are interested I will let you have at face value.

2. indaville

indaville Formula 3

Oct 6, 2005
    Louisville, KY

I think that makes 3 of us from Louisville. Last year was my first year.

3. Gershwin

Gershwin F1 Veteran

Feb 21, 2005
    Kentucky
    Cessna - Thank you. I'll PM you on the IRL - I was thinking of going up for sure for a few hours one morning for at least a practice/qualifying run. My kids have never seen a car turn 220mph. Not sure I can do Memorial Weekend as of yet.
    Equally the F1 tickets sound great. I'll PM you on that too.

anyone have a sure thing on parking for the F-car?

4. cessnav8or

cessnav8or Formula 3

May 28, 2004
    Louisville, KY
    Full Name:
    Aaron
    #29 cessnav8or, Mar 3, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Sorry I think you misunderstood my F1 tickets are in Section E. I was giving you IRL turn 1 as a reference to where the F1 tickets are located. Not to worry if you want IRL tickets I do have them as well but they are located in the paddock area here is a map of Indy.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

5. modmaki

modmaki Formula 3

Sep 11, 2006
    Michigan,USA
    Full Name:
    Mo Makki
    i would also like to go................maybe some of us from michigan can get to gother for a run........MO

6. Meeyatch1

Meeyatch1 Formula 3

Dec 28, 2003
    Low flying jet.
    Full Name:
    Mitch
    I will be at the race, as always. :)

7. jeffwh

jeffwh Karting

Oct 6, 2006
    White
    Full Name:
    Jeffrey
    I've been driving down from Chicago for the past 2 years in my Mercedes coupe and didn't really care where it was parked. Now that I'm driving my 348 I'd like to get it in the Legion lot. Where is it located.

Also, on the hotels, I book them the day the race calendar comes out. It's almost impossible otherwise to get a room downtown. The one thing you can try is to call on Wed or Thursday before the race to see if there have been cancellations. I'll be heading down via backroads in ILL to INDY. It's a fun drive.

8. cessnav8or

cessnav8or Formula 3

May 28, 2004
    Louisville, KY
    Full Name:
    Aaron
    Legion lot is right on georgetown road across from Gate 6 if I'm not mistaken.

9. ggjjr

ggjjr Formula Junior

Nov 11, 2003
    Detroit
    Full Name:
    George
    You usually need to sign up beforehand for the Legion lot. It is an FCA event. You can also buy your tickets through them. Details are on the Central Indiana Chapter's website.

George

10. chris marsh

chris marsh F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 30, 2005
    Detroit
    Full Name:
    Chris Marsh

I believe the FCA event is "The Car Corral" which is something different. I am not sure but I've heard they use the back stretch of the oval, so you are actually parking on the race track. By the time I signed up for this last year it was full but I did not have any trouble getting in the Ameriacan Legion lot.

Hopfully someone can chime in and tell me if I'm correct.

11. cessnav8or

cessnav8or Formula 3

May 28, 2004
    Louisville, KY
    Full Name:
    Aaron
    Got my USGP tickets today.

12. tatcat

tatcat F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Sep 3, 2001
    panama city beach FL
    Full Name:
    rick c
    the legion lot is not sponsored by the fca this year. if you call the track ticket office a very nice lady will assist you in ticket choice and if you ask you can get car corral parking for free. the corral is part of the oval track but it's a long walk to the stands. the legion lot is right across the street. on another subject; the fca car cruise from the zoo to the circle, has anyone participated in it? i wrote the club for info but it wasn't clear on whether you had to attend the dinner. in past years we've had the fchat party on friday.

13. bundas

bundas F1 Veteran
    Owner

Dec 31, 2005
    lexington ky usa
    Full Name:
    mitchell barnes
    looking to june 14 do we have club plans? i am ready for get away

14. jeffwh

jeffwh Karting

Oct 6, 2006
    White
    Full Name:
    Jeffrey
  15. tatcat

tatcat F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Sep 3, 2001
    panama city beach FL
    Full Name:
    rick c
    that's the number i have been calling. the fellows name is larry coons. i've been trying to find out if legioniares get a discount. i've got a car corral pass but man, it's a long walk to the seats. i'm still trying to find out about the cruise to the circle. the fca site isn't clear as to whether you have to attend the dinner to participate in the run.

16. jeffwh

jeffwh Karting

Oct 6, 2006
    White
    Full Name:
    Jeffrey
    I have sent an email to the local chapter and never heard back from them on the cruise or on the circle. I finally ended up purchasing the dinner because I had a change of plans that night which freed us up to attend it. We stay at the Hilton which is right near the circle so it's very convenient.

I also called the track today to get a Corral pass - not a problem, but as you said, it's a long walk to the seats. I'm sitting at the Start/Finish line so it's about as far away as you can get.

17. tatcat

tatcat F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Sep 3, 2001
    panama city beach FL
    Full Name:
    rick c
    i'd go to the dinner too but we've been having the fchat get together on friday although i've not heard anything yet this year. guess we'll see as we get closer.

18. RP

RP F1 World Champ

Feb 9, 2005
    Bocahuahua, Florxico
    Full Name:
    Tone Def
    #43 RP, Apr 4, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    In 2006 the FChat gathering was at Nicky Blaines.

We should probably just meet at the same place, Friday night, 6:30 PM. I do not think Rob is going this year to Indy, so we will have to plan it on our own.

We need to determine if this lovely waitress still works there:
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

19. John814

John814 Karting

Apr 19, 2006
    Indianapolis, USA
    Full Name:
    John Phelan
    Got my tickets yesterday! H Stand near "Turn 4" for the 500. I don't know what they are for the USGP. But they seem like good seats! Also going to the Friday F-car event. Hope to see some cool cars. Anyone bringing their car to the circle like before?

20. cessnav8or

cessnav8or Formula 3

May 28, 2004
    Louisville, KY
    Full Name:
    Aaron
    You are near turn 1 and pit exit for the F1 race ought to be pretty nice seats.

21. tatcat

tatcat F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Sep 3, 2001
    panama city beach FL
    Full Name:
    rick c
    we sit in H as well. i'm planning to bring my car to the circle. i spoke with the organiser and was told to watch the fca.cic site for info.

22. don_xvi

don_xvi F1 Rookie

Nov 1, 2003
    Outside Detroit
    Full Name:
    Don the 16th
    I'll be there with the other 11 guys ! Karting at New Castle Raceway Saturday late afternoon ! Be there !

23. Meeyatch1

Meeyatch1 Formula 3

Dec 28, 2003
    Low flying jet.
    Full Name:
    Mitch
    Anyone interested in getting together and grilling out? I live on the north side of Indy in the Fishers area and would not mind hosting one if there is interest.

24. Meeyatch1

Meeyatch1 Formula 3

Dec 28, 2003
    Low flying jet.
    Full Name:
    Mitch

Where did you go and see her?? WOW!!

25. CFCARRIAGE

CFCARRIAGE Formula Junior

Jun 9, 2006
    Missouri
    Full Name:
    Dave
    I am signed up for the dinner and the Run to the circle. The should start at the zoo at 3:30 and arrive at the circle shortly after that. The dinner was good last year.

If you have more questions you can email Joe, he is organizing the event: [email protected]

See ya all down there.