Who's going to Indy for the F1 race? | FerrariChat

Who's going to Indy for the F1 race?

Discussion in 'North Central - USA (MI, IN, OH, KY, WV)' started by chris marsh, Feb 21, 2007.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. chris marsh

chris marsh F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 30, 2005
    Detroit
    Full Name:
    Chris Marsh
    Any Interest in driving together. I'll probably go down on Friday 6/15/07.

2. RP

RP F1 World Champ

Feb 9, 2005
    Bocahuahua, Florxico
    Full Name:
    Tone Def
    FChat gathering Friday night?

3. fiorano94

fiorano94 F1 Veteran

May 26, 2006
    MW/NW/SE
    Ill be there with my dad. He and i always are there all three days.

4. cessnav8or

cessnav8or Formula 3

May 28, 2004
    Louisville, KY
    Full Name:
    Aaron
    I will be coming up from Louisville. Would be interested in a FChat gathering.

5. nthfinity

nthfinity F1 Veteran

Mar 21, 2005
    South East MI
    Full Name:
    Isaac not Issac
    Obviously no F car yet, but I'll be going :)

6. CFCARRIAGE

CFCARRIAGE Formula Junior

Jun 9, 2006
    Missouri
    Full Name:
    Dave
    Chris,

I plan on going again this year and I hope the weather cooperates and i will bring my Fcar. See ya there.

Dave

7. indaville

indaville Formula 3

Oct 6, 2005
    Louisville, KY

I will be coming up from Louisville as well, not sure what day though.

Matt

8. chris marsh

chris marsh F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 30, 2005
    Detroit
    Full Name:
    Chris Marsh
    So Dave, you bought a car, congrats. Hey...looks nice in the pictures (especially the paint). How do you like it?

Look forward to seeing you again

9. yzee

yzee F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 16, 2005
    Bodegata
    Full Name:
    Michael
    I'll be at the pit out speed limit sign for the last practice Friday, and then head downtown. The just show up get-together last year worked very well.

10. F1 MONZA

F1 MONZA Formula Junior

Sep 6, 2004
    California
    Full Name:
    John
    i am thinking of attending the race this year. any inforamtion can be a great help. date for the race and decent hotel near by. Thanks
    in advance
    john california

11. chris marsh

chris marsh F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 30, 2005
    Detroit
    Full Name:
    Chris Marsh
    You had better book a hotel ASAP!

When I got my letter for ticket renewal back in August I thought no big deal I have plenty of time they don't even sell-out the race. Then about a month ago I realized "oh sh** what about a motel. I booked one only a couple miles from the track but it was so cheap I'm worried that it may be in a bad neighborhood. I would have liked to stay right downtown but they were long gone.

12. nthfinity

nthfinity F1 Veteran

Mar 21, 2005
    South East MI
    Full Name:
    Isaac not Issac
    last year, i booked a hotel with about 3 weeks to go about 40 miles from the track; last room available, and a decent price... a little earlier this year ought to be good; but I never mind a little extra driving.

13. cessnav8or

cessnav8or Formula 3

May 28, 2004
    Louisville, KY
    Full Name:
    Aaron
    Date is June 17th

14. RP

RP F1 World Champ

Feb 9, 2005
    Bocahuahua, Florxico
    Full Name:
    Tone Def
    #14 RP, Feb 23, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Actually Rob and Daniel planned last year, and paid for everything. Rob will not be attending this year, so we may have to plan this ourselves. I wonder if that waitress is still at that bar we all went to Michael?
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

15. yzee

yzee F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 16, 2005
    Bodegata
    Full Name:
    Michael
    We can only plan and hope.

16. 1badimport

1badimport Karting

Oct 17, 2005
    Indiana
    I'll be there all weekend. I stay about 3 blocks from the track at my aunt's place.

17. CFCARRIAGE

CFCARRIAGE Formula Junior

Jun 9, 2006
    Missouri
    Full Name:
    Dave
    Ya better move quick on the hotel issue! Most want full payment up front at the time of reservation. Try some of the new hotels just east of the airport. The tickets for the race can be had even up to the day of.

Some links to help.

www.brickyard.com

fca-cic.org/tickets.htm

Chris,

Thanx for the compliments on her. I love it and I'm %100 glad I made the jump. Although with the bad weather this winter its eating me up just looking at her in the garage and not be able to take her out. I'm doing little things though..conditioning the leather and the convertible top boot etc...

I love that low engine growl. I catch myself driving without the radio and just zoning out to the sounds of the car.
    I'm trying to decide if I want to drive her from STL to Indy or put her in/on a trailer and just drive her when I get there.... Did anyone mess with your car at all at night when you were there last year? Did you pick-up any rock chips from the Interstate?

I am seriously looking into the clear 3M bra tape for the lights and the front nose.

18. chris marsh

chris marsh F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 30, 2005
    Detroit
    Full Name:
    Chris Marsh

Interstate???? You mean you can't find backroads between STL and Indy!!! (The longer route means you get more time in your car.)

I know what you mean about the engine music. When I bought my car the stereo didn't work...somehow I haven't got around to fixing it. Actually last year my 20 year old son rode with me to Indy and I told him to make sure to bring his iPod; I was shocked when he didn't use it.

Also, last year it poured rain all the way home from Indy to Detroit. That drive in the rain was the best drive I've ever had.

The clear bras are good, I rented a 360 in Vegas that had the bra. In the photos I took you can not even see it.

19. John814

John814 Karting

Apr 19, 2006
    Indianapolis, USA
    Full Name:
    John Phelan
    There was a huge F1 meet two years ago at the Circle Downtown Indy prior to race day. 30+ F-cars were there. Mostly 360s, 308s, 355's. A Maser MC12 was there on display - I don't know who's it was...

Anyone go to this or know if it's happening again? I made it a day-long event last time I went.

20. chris marsh

chris marsh F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 30, 2005
    Detroit
    Full Name:
    Chris Marsh
    Last year also. Ferraris had a parade on Friday and parked around the circle and Saturday they had a Concours on the Circle. It was cool I was headed Downtown for the Fchat get together and they let me into the parade

Check Ferrari Club of America website for times.

21. tatcat

tatcat F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Sep 3, 2001
    panama city beach FL
    Full Name:
    rick c
    has anyone parked on the american legion fenced lot? i've been trying to get in touch with the fellow at the post who takes care of it, but his voice mail is full. parking in the car corral is an option but it's miles from our seats in H.

22. chris marsh

chris marsh F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 30, 2005
    Detroit
    Full Name:
    Chris Marsh
    #22 chris marsh, Feb 27, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017

Yes, I parked in the American legion lot. On sunday I got there right before the race start and there was space. I tried to get in touch with them last year but it didn't matter; it was first come first serve. ($20)
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

23. tatcat

tatcat F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Sep 3, 2001
    panama city beach FL
    Full Name:
    rick c
    20 each day? i've got a parking pass for lot #2 but would rather be in a fenced in area.

24. chris marsh

chris marsh F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 30, 2005
    Detroit
    Full Name:
    Chris Marsh
    Yes, each day.

25. Gershwin

Gershwin F1 Veteran

Feb 21, 2005
    Kentucky
    I'd like to hit this. Anyone from Louisville want to go run up w/ the sports cars? What is the best way to pick up goooood seats? ebay? Where do you want to sit? front stretch?