Whos driving I-70 to USGP? | FerrariChat

Whos driving I-70 to USGP?

Discussion in 'Midwest - USA (NE, KS, OK, MO, AR)' started by CFCARRIAGE, May 19, 2007.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. CFCARRIAGE

CFCARRIAGE Formula Junior

Jun 9, 2006
    Missouri
    Full Name:
    Dave
    Who is going to Indy for the US Gran Prix this year?

The wife & I are. Our hotel is west of downtown kinda in between downtown and the track. It worked out good for us last year to be centrally located. Hotels for the trip and wed/thurs are up in the air. Any ideas?

I am going and I'm taking the F car. I'll drive it if I cannot locate a car trailer. Anyone want to wagon train down I-70 from STL to INDY?

I have no set travel plans yet. I'm considering leaving Wed 13th or Thurs 14th. Weather will play a role in my travel plans.

I signed up for the FCA running of the Ferraris on Friday evening. Our tickets are for Section H (first turn) but we move around during practice.

2. rollsorferrari?

rollsorferrari? F1 Veteran

Jun 5, 2006
    St. Louis
    Full Name:
    Scott
    i'm sure there will be plenty of people from all over the country using that stretch to get up there, maybe you should post this in a different section? i'm sure you guys would stop traffic if there was a caravan of f-cars from all over the country driving along up to indy, talk about what would be an amazing sight! enjoy the trip! take plenty of pictures for those that are not going to be able to go...:(

3. stephenofkanza

stephenofkanza Formula Junior

Mar 5, 2005
    Kansas
    Full Name:
    Stephen LeRoy Sherma
    My wife and I will be going the I 70 route. Will be rolling thu ST.Louis 11~12
    wed in our Avelanche. F-car stays at home out of the weather. We like the F1 turn 4 during the race and move around Fri and Sat. Stay in Anderson to avoid room hikes in Indy.

stephen

4. jssans

jssans Formula Junior

Jun 1, 2005
    St. Louis
    Full Name:
    Josh
    A group of us r heading down there the day of the race. It'll b r 3rd year in a row. We are trying to get a group together who will go in on some excellent seating, maybe a box. So far we have 5 confirmed.

5. lhowardmo

lhowardmo Karting
    Owner

Jun 5, 2005
    Kansas City
    Full Name:
    Larry
    We will be going across I-70 Thursday night, Leave KC 3 to 5 PM. We will be in a motorhome with the F-car in the trailer. So no more than about 80 MPH average for us.
    We would love to tag in with others if timing allows.

Parr I know you're lurking here, I want you to know I have TWO spare tires now. But I never have any problems when not traveling with you. SO, When are you leaving?

6. Kami

Kami Formula Junior

Nov 28, 2006
    St. Louis
    We'll be leaving from Edwardsville Illinois taking 70 to Indy. Not sure which day we're leaving yet, but we're staying at the brickyard crossing

7. georgestr

georgestr Rookie

Apr 21, 2006
    Leaving Fri. morning. No F-car to take, unfortunately.

8. 96cobrakid

96cobrakid Formula Junior

May 24, 2004
    St. Louis, Mo
    Full Name:
    Chris
    leaving friday morning'ish, we are camping

woot woot

9. georgestr

georgestr Rookie

Apr 21, 2006
    Anyone know if there will be a display of F-cars on the infield like last year? I remember a nice row of cars behind the Pagoda. (as well as an F40 in the parking lot)

10. alfa190

alfa190 Rookie

Feb 16, 2004
    Warrenton, MO
    Full Name:
    Philip Dean, MD
    Will leave St Louis area Fri AM or early SAt AM.."o'dark hundred hrs"
    maybe i can share a ride?, otherwise, look out for solo drivered White 03 MBZ 230K doing kinda fast...
    no cops after Indy border..was passed like I am standing still at (ahem) 80s mph a few times, once by a souped up white Mercury Capri..blueprinted and turboed to the max, or maybe had V-8 in there..always wondered about that INDY mechanic masterpiece..
    Dr PHIL