Who was it that did a fuel distributor rebuild? | FerrariChat

Who was it that did a fuel distributor rebuild?

Discussion in '365 GT4 2+2/400/412' started by wda24729, Aug 21, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. wda24729

wda24729 Formula 3

Sep 22, 2014
    Devon, UK
    Full Name:
    Graham
    Im sure Im not imaging it and I can't find the thread but I remember seeing a thread on this board about someone who rebuilt their Bosch CIS body. Any help with a link? Thanks

2. mike32

mike32 F1 Veteran

May 13, 2016
    Isle of man- uk
    I put a bit on here about repair kits for the bosch distributor head on a mondial, not sure if that is what you r after

3. wda24729

wda24729 Formula 3

Sep 22, 2014
    Devon, UK
    Full Name:
    Graham
    Thanks Mike - Don't suppose you have a link?

4. Ak Jim

Ak Jim F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 23, 2007
    North Pole AK
    I seem to remember it also, seems like it was a few years ago.

5. mike32

mike32 F1 Veteran

May 13, 2016
    Isle of man- uk
    A friend if mine had the same mondial 3.2 which was poping and banging- the sump was coming up due to fuel contamination. After lot head scratching we found a bosch repair kit by google using the part number on the id plate on the side of the distributor head. They are used on volvos etc. Came to about 50 notes delivered.
    If u cant find then pm me and i will go see him to get the supplier info

6. Premoto1

Premoto1 Formula Junior

Jun 6, 2013
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Full Name:
    Tyler Winslow
  7. mike32

mike32 F1 Veteran

May 13, 2016
    Isle of man- uk
    If its the diaphragm kit you need to fit, its a DIY job on the kitchen table . Y pay

8. Dr Tommy Cosgrove

Dr Tommy Cosgrove Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 4, 2001
    Birmingham, AL
    Full Name:
    Tommy
  9. wda24729

wda24729 Formula 3

Sep 22, 2014
    Devon, UK
    Full Name:
    Graham
    Thanks for the help. I'll try and source something over here first, possibly DIY.

Mike Ive PM'd you. Thanks

10. rovexienus

rovexienus Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 10, 2010
    Sainte Colombe, France (near Lyon)
    Full Name:
    Jean-Michel Savary
    For information my 1983 400i had its fuel system entirely reviewed in Germany for a problem of hot start (that problem has been solved thanks to that work). As part of that, the fuel injection components (distributors, warm up regulators etc...) were sent off to a Bosch unit for refurbishing. The turn around time from Bosch was around four weeks. Perhaps the same Bosch service is available from Bosch representatives in North America.

As a side note it was discovered by Bosch that one of the warm up regulators was actually not the correct one (it was a unit for a Mercedes engine with Bosch part number 0 438 140 010). The owner of the garage figured that this situation could be the consequence of an emergency repair never completed (the WUR's of Ferrari 400i are very rare items and Bosch does not have them in stock at all). The wrong WUR was replaced by the correct item found on eBay (Bosch part number 0 438 140 033). According to Bosch in Germany a WUR "010" cannot be modified/re-calibrated to function like a WUR "033".

11. wrxmike

wrxmike Moderator
    Moderator Owner

Mar 20, 2004
    Full Name:
    Mike
  12. Stefan Elshout

Stefan Elshout Karting

Dec 1, 2011
    Holland
    There is a guy called Geert Jan here of Ferrarichat as well that has a website dedicated mainly to K-jets for Ferrari 400i including parts and services. He is located in the Netherlands.
    ferrari 400 parts
    I personally have no experience with him but it seems like he knows what he is talking about and has certain parts remanufactured etc.

13. mike32

mike32 F1 Veteran

May 13, 2016
    Isle of man- uk
    Salvox.com do repair kits for the fuel distributor. See e bay advert- also a supplier in the uk on e bay.
    Also kit available for a warm up regulator
    Good video on u tube to show how to rebuild fuel distributor

14. Part Time

Part Time Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 16, 2013
    Port St. Lucie, Fl
    Full Name:
    Gary Shore
    Hi.....search threads on my vin, 55027....I overhauled my CIS unit awhile back with a diesel inj buddy of mine.
    There are a few pics there.

Gary