Who on FerrariChat said the Dino Tool kits are up to $10,000.00 USD ? | Page 5 | FerrariChat

Who on FerrariChat said the Dino Tool kits are up to $10,000.00 USD ?

Discussion in '206/246' started by synchro, Sep 17, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Jon Hansen

Jon Hansen Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 6, 2007
    Grand Rapids, MI
    Full Name:
    Jon Hansen
    Very interesting that there's not 1 spot of glue on this pouch...
    I've never seen one that clean before, except on the high quality reproduction pouches.
    I don't believe the square cornered pouch is correct for this chassis number either.

2. GermanDino

GermanDino F1 Rookie

Aug 14, 2007
    Germany
    Full Name:
    Matthias
    looks all very much correct to me for this late M-series...

3. Jon Hansen

Silver Subscribed

Feb 6, 2007
    Grand Rapids, MI
    Full Name:
    Jon Hansen
    Interesting comment Mathias. I'm a little confused now..

We spoke on the phone about a year ago and I seem to recall you told me that the round cornered pouches were correct up to chassis number 05000, (late 1972) after which they changed to square cornered for the remainder of the Dino run through 1974.

The warranty card included with these books is for chassis 02040 from 1971, so shouldn't that be a round cornered pouch?

4. GermanDino

GermanDino F1 Rookie

Aug 14, 2007
    Germany
    Full Name:
    Matthias
    Jon, are you sure you talked to me..... ?
    Four different pouches exsist for Dino 246...
    You find all details in your Dino Compendium.

5. Jon Hansen

Silver Subscribed

Feb 6, 2007
    Grand Rapids, MI
    Full Name:
    Jon Hansen
    I should have checked the compendium before commenting.....
    You are correct, of course!
    :)

6. Simon1965

Simon1965 Formula Junior

Feb 8, 2011
    HKSAR
    Full Name:
    Simon
    I have to say its sad to see books pouches and above all warrenty cards with SN's of cars on them being sold to the highest bidder - i have a 64 330GT 2+2 with the original books etc Im looking for the warrenty booklet and would be gutted if someone was selling it on Ebay for a gazilion $'s

7. Simon1965

Simon1965 Formula Junior

Feb 8, 2011
    HKSAR
    Full Name:
    Simon
  8. tx246

tx246 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 4, 2003
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Shawn
    I have bought/sold/traded for many years with 216lcg. Hi name is Leonard, and he goes by Len. I don't know if he still has it, but he had a Dino for a long time and used to post here on F-Chat.

I have never had any issues or problems in any dealings with him. I Am in the US and he is in he UK. Super easy to deal with and I have always found his descriptions fair and honest.

9. dinogtss

dinogtss Karting

Jul 14, 2013
    Hi

Yes I have purchased from him he is fair and parts are as described

10. ryanbushell

ryanbushell Formula Junior

Mar 25, 2012
    England
    Full Name:
    Ryan Bushell
    He still has the Dino. I met up with him a couple of months ago.

11. synchro

synchro F1 Veteran

Feb 14, 2005
    CHNDLR
    Full Name:
    Scott
  12. GermanDino

GermanDino F1 Rookie

Aug 14, 2007
    Germany
    Full Name:
    Matthias
  13. rynoshark

rynoshark Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 6, 2004
    Pacific Northwest
    Full Name:
    Ryan
    Asking...what are they actually selling for.

14. tx246

tx246 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 4, 2003
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Shawn
  15. racerboy9

racerboy9 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 3, 2003
    I thought the screw driver shafts were supposed to go full length through the handle as well.

16. ryanbushell

Mar 25, 2012
    England
    Full Name:
    Ryan Bushell
    #121 ryanbushell, Feb 22, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Considering Tony has reproduced all the tools for the Dino, and the only item that is missing is a repro jack, I have now completed the process of manufacturing a prototype reproduction Dino Jack.

I will be having them made in small numbers, and for reference here is a photo of an original next to the repro I have had made. It will be sprayed the correct yellow sometime next week and I will post photos here when that has been done.

Thanks,

Ryan
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

17. HMB-Dino

HMB-Dino Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 28, 2010
    Pebble Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    RonG
    But where are you going to source the correct Battani handle knob and the rounded side cap? Those don't seem to be available anywhere (that I have found...other then from other `donor' jacks).

18. ryanbushell

Mar 25, 2012
    England
    Full Name:
    Ryan Bushell
    I am looking at having the plastic caps injection moulded and the battaini handle knobs I have a source for. Thank you.

19. ryanbushell

Mar 25, 2012
    England
    Full Name:
    Ryan Bushell
    Also, I would like to find out what people think of having repro stamped on the bottom of the jack? I take my hat off to Tony for what he has done regarding the repro tools, but am wary that in years to come they will be passed off as originals. In stamping repro on the bottom of the jack that would possibly stop this from happening.

20. dinogts

dinogts Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Of course I think you should stamp "REPRODUCTION" on it, but I am more concerned with something else.

I hope you can get your jack tested by an independent lab to verify the lifting capacity, since if it fails during use there is a risk of serious damage and injury. If a screwdriver breaks or a wrench cracks, the damage would likely not be catastrophic, but if the jack breaks in use, that easily could be dangerous to the user, and could severely damage someone's Dino.

Even the original jacks that came with our Dinos are unstable and prone to failure.

In this litigious age, you are pretty brave to take on such a project, and I would be much more concerned about liability issues for property damage and physical injuries, than passing off issues.

If I were you, I would think about adding not only stamping "REPRODUCTION," but also "FOR DISPLAY PURPOSES ONLY," even if you get it tested, because you certainly don't want to lose your home and businesses if, God forbid, someone suffered severe injuries while trying to use it.