Who makes the best f1 video game?? | FerrariChat

Who makes the best f1 video game??

Discussion in 'Technology' started by spang308, Oct 25, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. spang308

spang308 Formula Junior

Jul 17, 2004
    York, PA
    I'm looking to buy a f1 video game and want some input. What company offers the most realistic software in terms of video, sound, track layout, etc.
    I was looking on Ebay and there seems to be dozens of choices.
    How about steering wheel and pedal set ups? What's the best in terms of feedback and realistic feel?
    Also which format? Playstation2? SEGA? Any others?
    I'm looking to run it thru my TV and surround sound, not my PC.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

John

2. sjb509

sjb509 Guest

I've never driven an F1 car in real life, so I can't say how realistic they are, but the EA Sports games are very good.

F1 Challenge 99-02 is my favorite. They are all very challenging with a wheel or joystick. Try Monaco in the rain with no traction control or ABS if you want to apppeciate what these guys have to do to survive a wet race.

I've got a Thrustmaster Enzo FFB wheel coming, can't wait to try it in the game.

3. Gilles27

Gilles27 F1 World Champ

Mar 16, 2002
    Ex-Urbia
    Full Name:
    Jack
    I still stand by Grand Prix Legends. It's modelled after the 1967 season, so no wings and the original tracks. It's pretty advanced and takes a lot of practice. Good stuff.

4. sjb509

sjb509 Guest

GPL is pretty amazing for a game created in 1997-98. While the graphics aren't the best, the gameplay is very good.

One nice thing about most of these games is that you can download more tracks or other mods. There are over 250 tracks available for GPL, a few of them are better than the original tracks included in the game.

Too bad Papyrus has no intention of ever producing a sequel to GPL with updated graphics and sound.

5. millemiglia

millemiglia Formula Junior

Jan 14, 2003
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Full Name:
    Peter B.
    Me too!
    I only bought it to be able to drive the old Nurburgring circuit.

/Peter

6. jordan747_400

jordan747_400 F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 9, 2002
    Houston, TX
    Full Name:
    Jordan
    I highly recommend the EA sports games. I have F1 2001 and love it...I would kill for F1 challenge 99-02 but I cant find a copy anywhere! Its funny when the retail price was $20 when sold from EA sports, but now if you are lucky to find a copy on ebay it sells for almost $60!!

BTW, if anyone does have a copy of the game they wouldnt mind selling, please let me know!!