Who makes custom fuel lines? | FerrariChat

Who makes custom fuel lines?

Discussion in '365 GT4 2+2/400/412' started by KISSLUST, May 1, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. KISSLUST

KISSLUST Karting

Oct 13, 2009
    Birmingham Alabama
    Full Name:
    Jason M
    #1 KISSLUST, May 1, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  2. mike32

mike32 F1 Veteran

May 13, 2016
    Isle of man- uk
    I am not 100% certain but the threads might be an Emeto ( might be amito as not sure of spelling) fitting-not seen any in a long time.
    you should be able to get the pipe made by someone who does special brake pipes etc. Banjo will be standard

3. KISSLUST

KISSLUST Karting

Oct 13, 2009
    Birmingham Alabama
    Full Name:
    Jason M
    The end of the tube is a reverse flare.. When you say standard banjo is that a #6?

4. mike32

mike32 F1 Veteran

May 13, 2016
    Isle of man- uk
    It is spelt Ermeto. Have a look at www. Parkers.com to see if anything matches
    No 6 on the drawing is not a banjo from what i can make out on this poor drawing-the actual banjo is the broken bit on your fitting-you should be able to get that off the shelf

5. mike32

mike32 F1 Veteran

May 13, 2016
    Isle of man- uk
    The end of the pipe with the loose nut has a coned fitting which is probably slipped over the pipe and silver soldered on. The other end has the banjo fitting.

6. Steve Magnusson

Steve Magnusson Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jan 11, 2001
    30°30'40" N 97°35'41" W (Texas)
    Full Name:
    Steve Magnusson
    #6 Steve Magnusson, May 1, 2017
    Last edited: May 1, 2017
    I'd suggest you contact Larry Fletcher (fletch62 here) at CIS Flowtech (which is in your neck of the woods) -- he can get you the parts (fittings and tubing) to replace the metal line with a Cohline line, and/or would know best what other options are available. For example -- see here:

http://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/boxers-tr-m/189796-boxer-cis-fuel-system-inspection-repair-2.html

It looks like you've already been updated to the later style pumps with the replaceable check valve so not sure that you can use a stock #48 piece (as the SPC shows the older style pump -- but they don't always get the pics updated correctly and just change the PNs) -- can you unscrew the nut and post a photo of the unassembled pieces?

7. KISSLUST

KISSLUST Karting

Oct 13, 2009
    Birmingham Alabama
    Full Name:
    Jason M
    Yes I will disassemble and post this evening. I have Bosch 0 580 254 947 fuel pumps. What should I have? I am having to replace both pumps. This is what caused me damaging the fuel line.

Mike32, sorry my comment was confusing I meant is the banjo 6mm?

8. Steve Magnusson

Lifetime Rossa

Jan 11, 2001
    Full Name:
    Steve Magnusson
    That's perfectly OK for your model (and no need for the photo -- the Bosch PN tells all). That's the later style CIS pump with the replaceable check valve. On your model, the metal line with the banjo fitting can work with either the early or late style pump (which is not the case on the 308s so they require changing the line completely). However to use the early style pump, you'd need the special male #48 piece as shown in that SPC figure -- since you don't have that piece anymore (and it's probably unobtainium), just stay with the later style pump which uses a female nut (and the female nut you have comes in the check valve replacement kit so is much more easily found/sourced).

This whole thing got mucked up a few years ago when Bosch quit making the early style pump (so everyone had to update to the later style when replacement was needed), but the early style has recently been reintroduced. You'll still need a new line since yours is damaged, but I'm sure Larry F. can help you (and at reasonable cost ;)).

Here's the CIS fuel pump information for your reference:

Early style CIS pump with non-replaceable check valve = F PN 113976 = Bosch 0580254910 = Bosch USA 69523

Later style CIS pump with replaceable check valve = F PN 121727 = Bosch 0580254947 = Bosch USA 69532

9. KISSLUST

KISSLUST Karting

Oct 13, 2009
    Birmingham Alabama
    Full Name:
    Jason M
    I still have everything in the picture above and the passenger side pump has not been removed as of yet. I am assuming since this one was impossible to break free that one will be also. I have everything that was on the car but just snapped the above line. Are these the parts you are referring to?

10. Steve Magnusson

Lifetime Rossa

Jan 11, 2001
    Full Name:
    Steve Magnusson
    #10 Steve Magnusson, May 1, 2017
    Last edited: May 1, 2017
    You need to hold the thin hex feature (on the right side of your picture) with a wrench while you turn the large hex nut on the left side of your picture with another wrench -- that way there is no twisting load placed on the banjo fitting of the metal line. If you just try to remove the large hex nut on the left without holding the thin hex = the metal line can get bent/break. There are three pieces in your picture:

the large female hex nut on the left,
    the banjo fitting with the metal line, and
    the check valve (with the thin hex feature) that looks like this:
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

The item 48 you've marked with the "star" in your photo is two pieces (your original item 48 as shown in the SPC figure was one piece, but it was replaced when they went to the later style fuel pumps).

11. KISSLUST

KISSLUST Karting

Oct 13, 2009
    Birmingham Alabama
    Full Name:
    Jason M
    Understanding much better now. Thank you! I am going to try and contact Larry tomorrow he is in South Alabama (which I frequent often) maybe he can fabricate what I need!

12. mike32

mike32 F1 Veteran

May 13, 2016
    Isle of man- uk
    Now we both understand it !!