Who is going to Newport Concours ? | FerrariChat

Who is going to Newport Concours ?

Discussion in 'New England' started by WILLIAM H, Jul 7, 2007.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. WILLIAM H

WILLIAM H Three Time F1 World Champ

Nov 1, 2003
    Victory Circle
    Full Name:
    HUBBSTER
  2. Ray G

Ray G Formula 3

Sep 8, 2005
    Newport, RI
    You are actually off by one week. It is the last weekend of this month. July 27th through the 29th. As one of the sponsors I will definately be there. (Might bring the Countach) The list of cars they have coming is very impressive as well as the list of drivers such as Stirling Moss, Dan Gurney, AJ Foyt, Skip Barber, etc.. The Preservation Society is pulling out all the stops for this one so it should be a great event.

3. WILLIAM H

WILLIAM H Three Time F1 World Champ

Nov 1, 2003
    Victory Circle
    Full Name:
    HUBBSTER

LOL, I have no idea why I wrote that date

4. douging

douging Karting

Sep 8, 2005
    Lynn
    Full Name:
    Doug

Is the entrant list online anywhere? I was afraid that it wouldn't draw too much attention since there has already been a Newport Concours this year. But with a 'driver line-up' like that, how could they not draw some truly great cars? And the photos of the Newport Concours seemed to show many cars that were at Pebble Beach in 2006 (which I already saw in person).

Thanks

5. Ray G

Ray G Formula 3

Sep 8, 2005
    Newport, RI
    Yes it is a bit confusing. There was a Newport Concours earlier this year but that was a smaller event. This one is run by the Preservation Society and is being held at the Mansions. And like you mentioned with a list of famous drivers like that, I can't see how they can go wrong.