who is buying a veyron? | FerrariChat

who is buying a veyron?

Discussion in 'Bugatti' started by alan, Oct 16, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. alan

alan Formula 3

Apr 17, 2004
    United Kingdom
    Full Name:
    Alan
    So i was wondering with the calibre of some of the owners on Ferrarichat, who intends to buy, or has put down a deposit on a Veyron.
    Now i know its a slightly daft question because those that are intending on buying are hardly likely to tell the whole world via this thread, but i thought id ask anyway.
    There must be a few serious buyers out there, or maybe a more reasonable question to those with the financial clout would be why dont you intend to buy one.
    I look forward to any responses serious or otherwise!

2. MarkPDX

MarkPDX F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Apr 21, 2003
    Gulf Coast
    They actually have to make the cars first right?

3. Z0RR0

Z0RR0 F1 Rookie

Apr 11, 2004
    Montreal, Canada
    Full Name:
    Julien
    Mark, actually, they are already taking deposits (300k euros). And most Enzos were sold before the car was even presented, iirc ... so that's kinda a non-point.
    But you're right, they are having technical issues, that will most likely be fixed if the car makes into production.

If I had the money I'd get one in a heartbeat.

4. MarkPDX

MarkPDX F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Apr 21, 2003
    Gulf Coast
    Ferrari has a record of bringing cars to market though.... F40, F50 then the Enzo. Just because someone has a pet project and is willing to throw money at it doesn't mean they can make it happen. The Veyron has failed to meet several deadlines and they are still sorting out important details and revising performance figures downward, not exactly a promising sign.

If I had the money I would get both a Zonda and a Koenigsegg in a heartbeat :)

5. Admiral Thrawn

Admiral Thrawn F1 Rookie

Jul 2, 2003
    I'll take a Ferrari Enzo and a Koenigsegg CCR, thanks.

6. iceburns288

iceburns288 Formula 3

Jun 19, 2004
    Bay Area, CA
    Full Name:
    Charles M.
    I'd take an F40 or 430 and then a house in France, a summer house in Switzerland, a weekend house near Modena, a tour of all 17GPs in one season... :D

7. Admiral Thrawn

Admiral Thrawn F1 Rookie

Jul 2, 2003
    Now now, lets not have delusions of grandeur... ;)

8. scycle2020

scycle2020 F1 Rookie

Jan 26, 2004
    potomac
    i assume anyone with that kind of money already has all of the above..the question is, is the car going to make it into production and how good will the final product really be? at least when ferrari and lambo project they will built a certain car, they do it and usually beat expectations...

9. dmeyer

dmeyer Formula Junior

May 30, 2004
    Northern VA
    Full Name:
    David Meyer
    Agreed, IMO the Veyron is mad ugly, i prefer the styling on both the Zonda and Koenigsegg, and its not like the extra power of the veyron is going to make a difference for most people, even on the track.

10. tacoz4sale

tacoz4sale Formula Junior

Dec 2, 2003
    Im thinking of gettin one. a model toy!...lol...do u guys know how much insurance is gonna cost?

11. alan

alan Formula 3

Apr 17, 2004
    United Kingdom
    Full Name:
    Alan
    guys the sort of person seriously considering getting a veyron probably already has an Enzo, and a Koenigsegg, and a Zonda, and a Murcielago and a...and a...and a .........

you get my point, so what i wanted to know was, is anyone on Fchat a potential buyer, after all people on Fchat seem to own the cross section of all the cars mentioned.

12. Z0RR0

Z0RR0 F1 Rookie

Apr 11, 2004
    Montreal, Canada
    Full Name:
    Julien
    I disagree on 2 points.
    With enough money and time, someone will make a car that can fly. I try to keep in mind the Bugatti is 35% more powerful than an Enzo and weighs 2 tons. Weight isn't really flattering, but it kinda shows all the difficulty VAG has to overcome in building this car. But as long as VAG keeps feeding the piggy bank, the project will go on and be ever more ready to hit the streets. Let's just hope it does hit the streets before flying cars! :D

I'd still take a Bugatti over both Pagani and Koenigsegg!!! :D Love the stying, goin' nuts over the figures ... I just love it! :)

But I have to admit, I'm pretty sure they don't have many deposits ... public dvpt and not meeting deadlines isn't good for marketing, I guess.

While I love the car ... am I the only one to see the XJ220 ghost floating around?

13. F430-Monza

F430-Monza Formula Junior
    BANNED

Sep 26, 2004
    Oh..you've forgotten to add a chastity belt as part of your headgear for the two cars !

14. MarkPDX

MarkPDX F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Apr 21, 2003
    Gulf Coast
    That's exactly what I was thinking.

15. amenasce

amenasce Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion
    Id get a 250 SWB instead of that thing with 4 turbos Golf engine and Diamonds incrusted dashboard.Or an Enzo and a CGT.

16. SefacHotRodder

SefacHotRodder F1 World Champ

Dec 20, 2003
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Theres a slight difference. The Enzo doesn't have 4 turbos

Because it has 4 wheel drive

My opinion: Its a marketing stunt gone horribly wrong.

[size=+3]POS[/size]

17. Z0RR0

Z0RR0 F1 Rookie

Apr 11, 2004
    Montreal, Canada
    Full Name:
    Julien
    What I meant by the extra 35% hp is that it has to cope with that torque and power, and that it has never been done, they have to design a world first streetable transmission that takes 140m/kg (not sure on the figures here), as well as driveline, brakes ... etc etc etc. I was in no way implying 35% more hp = better. We're talking truck engine figures fitted into sportscar package. That's interesting, to say the least.

Marketing stunt? Maybe not a stunt, but definitely trying to make a VAG masterpiece, yes. We will know if they went too far within a year or two. :)

Anyone knows how many Volks plan to sell?

Seeing how this car is generally hated, do you think the local dealer would do a 99.99% rebate on msrp? Then, I could afford it. LMAO!

18. triXXXter

triXXXter Formula Junior

Nov 11, 2003
    Ft. Worth TX
    Full Name:
    Steven G. Ogden
    I've seen video of a couple of them round a track and it sounds sick!! and looks obviously very fast. They probably won't market it. They may not build it at all and just sell the examples or test mules they have now.
    I don't see this car becoming explosively popular like the Enzo. And it's going to be Incredibly heavy as supercars go. And weight and mass don't play in speed's sandbox.

http://www.racingflix.com/getvideo.asp?v=645

http://www.bugatti-auto.at/bugatti/flash/index.html?langString=en

19. iceburns288

iceburns288 Formula 3

Jun 19, 2004
    Bay Area, CA
    Full Name:
    Charles M.
    I'm not getting ahead of myself... I'm balacing your equation lol. Enzo + CCR = all my stuff

:D

20. ralfabco

ralfabco Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 1, 2002
    Dixie
    Full Name:
    Itamar Ben-Gvir
    There are issues when comparing the Bugati to established marques. The P car and F car can be serviced easily. The F car company just puts the supercar together and people are happy to wait. Bugatti had a recent failure with the EB 110. I would be real concerned when thinking about dropping that kind of money on THAT car. - Another point. Are'nt the turbos going to mute the sound of the engine ? Quite a few enthusiasts like to hear an engine scream at 7K + rpm. Now they are cutting back the specs, after several delays ? That coupled with the previous problems with the EB 110 is not good.

I like the car. I hope it works. They should have no problem selling at least 100. After the 100 ? It is anyones guess. I feel it will depreciate pretty fast. - Unfortunately.

21. Z0RR0

Z0RR0 F1 Rookie

Apr 11, 2004
    Montreal, Canada
    Full Name:
    Julien
    Why would the EB110 be a failure? They went bankrupt, but the car never seemed wrong to me. It just came out too early (a driveable supercar, 10 years before everyone). And the owners back then had no link whatsoever with VAG of nowadays.
    The turbos DO mute the engine. In any car. In a video I have, from the interior, the car sounds like a jet engine. Interesting, not necesserily beautiful.

What specs are they cutting? Are you guys talking about the limited top speed? I hope they aren't going under the 1000hp mark (or over the 3ton!!!).

22. ralfabco

Lifetime Rossa

Mar 1, 2002
    Dixie
    Full Name:
    Itamar Ben-Gvir
    The EB 110 is I understood had a bad turbo lag. (This was from a magazine article). You put your foot down, and nothing happened. It is still a beautiful car though. The EB 110 has taken a bad depreciation. - Yes they had nothing to do with VAG. However a potiential buyer does not want to risk the company being traded around. Yes VAG has the funds.

23. Z0RR0

Z0RR0 F1 Rookie

Apr 11, 2004
    Montreal, Canada
    Full Name:
    Julien
    Depreciation actually has gone by for this car (trust me, I keep an eye on it!!! :D). Lowest was around 200 grands a while ago, now they seem to go for 220-240k euros.
    BTW, Dauer (yup, the guys that do the 962) have bought everything and still build a few cars (upgraded to 750hp though!! Yummy) and most importantly spare parts. Surely not as convenient than a dealer ... but it's an exotic ...
    I agree, beautiful car!

24. ralfabco

Lifetime Rossa

Mar 1, 2002
    Dixie
    Full Name:
    Itamar Ben-Gvir
    It is possible the car went up, due to the ability of importing the car into the USA for limited street use. This is the law that allowed the importation of the XJ, 959, and EB110 etc.... It sure does open up another very large market for the car.

25. tbakowsky

tbakowsky F1 World Champ
    Consultant Professional Ferrari Technician

Sep 18, 2002
    The Cold North
    Full Name:
    Tom
    I personaly have four of the cars on order. I figure it would be a great addition to the garage. You know the Enzo,and 250GTO are getting a little lonly in there.