Who has done a track day at Miller Motorsports Park? | FerrariChat

Who has done a track day at Miller Motorsports Park?

Discussion in 'Rocky Mountain' started by Gran Drewismo, Feb 21, 2011.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Gran Drewismo

Gran Drewismo F1 Rookie

Jan 24, 2005
    Idaho
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    Been to MMP several times now for events but never been on the track other than as a passenger in one of the Mustangs. Great place!

Couple friends and I are talking about doing a track day there this summer. Was wondering if any of you had input on it.

2. Stackhouse

Stackhouse F1 Rookie
    Consultant

Feb 14, 2004
    IN YOUR TRUNK
    Full Name:
    CT.. AKA Pimp Daddy
    You talking about attending a track day or booking a track day?

?

3. Gran Drewismo

Gran Drewismo F1 Rookie

Jan 24, 2005
    Idaho
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    Hm not sure what the correct choice is, but we are wanting to run our cars on the track during one of the days that are available.

4. Stackhouse

Stackhouse F1 Rookie
    Consultant

Feb 14, 2004
    IN YOUR TRUNK
    Full Name:
    CT.. AKA Pimp Daddy
    Miller is a great track, safe for club racing with lots of runoff. I have organized several events out there, it is much cheaper to attend one of the track days organized by the track or club then to organize your own. If money is no object and you want the place to yourself then organizing your own track day is the way to go.

Cheers

5. Gran Drewismo

Gran Drewismo F1 Rookie

Jan 24, 2005
    Idaho
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    #6 Gran Drewismo, Feb 21, 2011
    Last edited: Feb 21, 2011
    Ah ok ok, I see what you are saying now.

No, it would be attending one of theirs like a Wide Open Wednesday or something similar.

Would also like to add: Thank God they redesigned their site again. The green/white scheme they had before was really disorganized!

6. yoda

yoda F1 Rookie

Sep 27, 2004
    UT
    I have done a few of their Wide Open Wednesdays and Wintercrosses. WOW is not timed and they do put cones out on the track to keep the speeds down, but it is still a load of fun and for $25 you can't go wrong.

7. Latsyrc

Latsyrc F1 Rookie

Jun 23, 2008
    Utah, USA
    Full Name:
    Travis
    I did Wintercross earlier this month and plan to do the next one in March. When all you have is all-season tires, you're forced to do it "just for fun." :) I was thinking of doing a trackday in my car for fun, but after seeing how rough you are on brakes/tires, I'd rather wait until I can get extras for it.