Who has an SD2+ in K.C.? | FerrariChat

Who has an SD2+ in K.C.?

Discussion in 'Midwest - USA (NE, KS, OK, MO, AR)' started by BLAMPEE, Feb 28, 2011.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. BLAMPEE

BLAMPEE Man Card Status: Never Issued

I need to replace my F1 actuator and shipping to Denver or Minneapolis is not what I want to do...she is already going to Denver (To Dave Helms) in a couple years for her next engine-out.

I need the SD and someone who can bleed and calibrate the transmission after replacing the actuator.

2. GuyIncognito

GuyIncognito Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 30, 2007
    #2 GuyIncognito, Mar 1, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 1, 2011
    does KC still have a Maser dealer?

edit: yes they do! give their service center a call, I'd imagine they have an SD2+. shop manual or tech experienced w/ 355's, thats another story.

http://maseratiofkansascity.com/

3. h2oskier

h2oskier F1 Veteran

Oct 1, 2006
    inside someone hot
    Full Name:
    MJA
    what do you care it will be 30 degrees and snowy for the next 3 months ;)

good luck finding someone over there Blamp

4. BLAMPEE

Thanks, guys.

5. cmparrenzo

cmparrenzo F1 Rookie

Mar 3, 2002
    Kansas
    Full Name:
    Chris Parr
    #5 cmparrenzo, Mar 2, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 2, 2011
    No shop in KC, including the Maserati dealer has an SD2 (they will not touch a Ferrari). I had the only SD2 in KC and sold it a while back.

Ship your car to Ferrari of Denver, you will never regret it!

6. GuyIncognito

Silver Subscribed

Jun 30, 2007
    I stand corrected. interesting

there are enough Fcars in KC that surely there's a decent independent shop, no?

7. BLAMPEE

My car will most likely be going to Dave Helms for major stuff. :)

8. Whisky

Whisky Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 27, 2006
    Upper Great Plains
    Full Name:
    The original Fernando
    No.

As Chris said in post #5, he had the only shop in KC but closed it.

But I still find it odd there isn't ONE guy, or even two, that can handle the 'minor' stuff working out of a private shop.

9. GuyIncognito

Silver Subscribed

Jun 30, 2007
    closing a shop means there weren't enough actual customers, not enough potential customers ;)

10. dcrews85tr

dcrews85tr Karting

Aug 1, 2005
    Kansas City
    Full Name:
    Doug
    Plenty of customers! Wide open for anyone willing to take on the challenge to serve the Ferrari community in KC. The problem? There is no shop willing to step up to the 21st Century.

Any "Ferrari" shop boasting they are best to service your late model Ferrari (1985 and newer) and also profess to being the best for the last 35 years.... please be aware!! These mechanics haven't a clue!! They scrimp day by day to keep the doors open. They don't invest into their trade. They live in the 80's and are not willing to change to STAY in business! They do not invest in certain mandatory diagnostic equipment to properly service your baby!! The updated diagnostic equipment is required to do more than a basic oil change and out of the 80's (and older) Ferrari repair task.... In todays service environment, there are NO short cuts to save the owner's in the long run. A Ferrari mechanic who does not invest his time in training AND expensive diagnostic equipment will be cheaper but will compromise service and reliability everytime.

For all the Ferrari owners on cars requiring service be sure you chose a mechanic has with many good testimonials and a shop with a great following. .

11. BLAMPEE

Excellent info.

I will be taking my 355 to Denver to Dave Helms for majors and any major problems. I was just hoping for a closer option for other things that weren't major.

12. Whisky

Whisky Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 27, 2006
    Upper Great Plains
    Full Name:
    The original Fernando
    In the old days, pre-9/11, a one-way flight Denver-Omaha was $40, I'm scared to even look at what it is today. We used to fly up to Mall of America and back for $69, take the shuttle from the airport to the mall, wander around all day, fly home at night. Those days are gone.