Who does Ralphie go to for service in CO? | FerrariChat

Who does Ralphie go to for service in CO?

Discussion in 'Rocky Mountain' started by bitzman, Jun 11, 2011.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. bitzman

bitzman F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Feb 15, 2008
    Ontario, CA
    Full Name:
    wallace wyss
    After seeing Ralph Lauren's Double RL Ranch on Oprah, fascinated with
    the idea of living in the country (though they didn't say what the average temp is--I bet it never gets warmer than 60 deg. F).
    I notice he drives his Bugatti Veyron on Highway 62, between Placerville and Ridgway. Wonder who he goes to for mechanical work--don't imagine there's many exotic car mechanics in either village, and if there was, could they handle a Veyron?. By the way, I'm not "outing"his location--it's on the internet
    for everyone to see.

2. greg

greg Formula Junior

Feb 26, 2004
    Tyler, Tx
    I would imagine a private enclosed carrier or he might have his very own mechanic for each marque he owns.

3. Derek at FoD

Derek at FoD Formula 3
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2004
    Denver
    Full Name:
    Derek Fennig
    FoD used to service his Yellow F50 many moons ago...not sure if he still has the car or not.

4. Shorn355

Shorn355 F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 13, 2011
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    Scott
    "Speed Style and Beauty" was re-aired recently - the shot of the garage doors going up to reveal the Ferrari's takes my breath away and I have seen it 100 times. They had a quick shot of the Yellow F50 with a model in yellow leather pants next to it but the car was not featured. I thought I saw it at a Gooding & Co auction or perhaps RM a few years ago but could easily be mistaken. I am sure the boys on the F50 thread know where it is, who owns it, where their first born goes to school and the name of the last mechanic to touch it :) :)

5. Bradley

Bradley F1 Rookie

Nov 23, 2006
    Lakewood, Colorado
    Full Name:
    Bradley
    Dave Helms is such a genius he could probably handle it, even though it's not a Ferrari.

6. PhilNotHill

PhilNotHill Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jul 3, 2006
    Aspen CO 81611
    Full Name:
    FelipeNotMassa
    I thought Ralphie was the CU mascot. :cool:

7. davehelms

davehelms F1 Rookie

Jan 3, 2004
    Full Name:
    Dave Helms
    I still talk with his ranch foreman from time to time but have not seen the car in a long while. I still remember the first time we had it in at FOD.... "Low on power, above 8000 foot elevation, above 160 MPH".... Amette happened to be in town for a dealer visit and we headed for the hills for a test drive after I replaced two plugged air filters. A 'justified' test drive at the speed of heat while pointed towards Vail Pass on a sunny late spring day..... some parts of this job are just hard to beat, that qualifys high on the list.

No way to MISS the Double D Ranch...... post and rail log fencing that goes on for miles in the most drop dead beautiful location in the Rockies. Ralph has exceptional taste.