Which Video Game System? | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Which Video Game System?

Discussion in 'Technology' started by SPEEDCORE, Nov 11, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

?

Which Game System/s?

1. PC/Mac

2. Xbox360

3. PS3/PS3 Slim

4. Wii

5. PSP/GP2X/N DS/gameboy

6. iphone/n-gage/other phones

7. Xbox/PS2/PS1/Gamecube

8. Older gen consoles

9. Arcade

10. Other

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. 2003Enzo

2003Enzo Formula Junior

Dec 5, 2003
    I just bought a new PS3 slim a few days ago for myself. I still have my original Playstation in the closet along with a Sega Genesis, original Xbox and a PS2. PS3 rocks!

2. settntrenz

settntrenz Rookie

Jul 17, 2005
    Orlando,FL
    Full Name:
    Joe
    My ps3 (80GB fat) died. It stopped reading discs. Apparently its a pretty common problem (Sony wouldn't admit that when I called them). If you google for "ps3 won't read discs" you'll see exactly how common it is. I'm 2 months out of the warranty period. Sony wants $149 to fix it. I'm still trying to decide if this will be the last Sony product I ever purchase. I don't expect things to always go perfectly, but the way an issue is handled if something happens is important to me. In my opinion, making additional profit because of a problem with their product is unethical. The replacement laser is $50 shipped on ebay (so that includes the seller's markup) and the job takes about 15 minutes.

Now I'm without a game system and blu-ray/dvd player.

I had a 360 before the ps3 and enjoyed it thoroughly. I ended up selling it before it had a chance to RROD, but at least Microsoft stepped up for the owners who had problems.

3. climb

climb F1 Rookie

Sep 19, 2006
    Atlantic Beach Fl
    Full Name:
    Stuart K. Hicks
    #28 climb, Jan 6, 2010
    Last edited: Jan 6, 2010
    The reason i didn't buy a PS3 was that i had two PS2s go tits up (disk read error) . Neither were covered by Sony nor could they be fixed by two companies that repair them. I've found similar problems on the other side of the fence. Xbox would lock up within 5 to 10 minutes of play and had to be restatred after only a year and a half. It was curtains for my first XB0X 360 when the video card died out of warranty...replaced with XBOX 360 arcade for $199 and just put my hard drive from my old 360 on it. One year and it's still working ok.

Beware the 3 rings of death with the XBOX 360. New ones not supposed to have these problems but who knows??

4. SPEEDCORE

SPEEDCORE Four Time F1 World Champ

Jul 11, 2005
    Full Name:
    Toe Knee
    Just bumping this up for any new users reading this section :eek: