Which is the least expensive country to buy a Ferrari in Europe? | FerrariChat

Which is the least expensive country to buy a Ferrari in Europe?

Discussion in 'Europe' started by sanfran, Aug 22, 2006.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. sanfran

sanfran Formula Junior
    BANNED

Apr 10, 2004
    LA
    Full Name:
    Oliver
    Which is the least expensive country to buy a Ferrari in Europe?

New and used.

I know that once the local taxes have been paid things start to look differently.

Is a Ferrari less expensive - before local taxes are paid - in Denmark, Finland or Sweden since these countries have pretty high taxes on these car?

I'll be back doing business in Germany for one to three years in March and will be spending about half my time in Europe and half in the US. I'll need to order a car now to make sure I have one waiting when I get there. If that does not work out I'll need to find a used 360 or F430.

2. henkie

henkie La Passione...
    Lifetime Rossa

Apr 13, 2005
    Deil,The Netherlands
    Full Name:
    henkie
    Tax free The Netherlands is the cheapest as far as I know.
    Mostly because of our very high taxes on cars.
    Taxfree price +24% BPM Luxury tax +19% VAT (based on Taxfree price).

2/3 years ago we did a big search for a Spanish supplier who wanted to buy 2 Mercedes S 320cdi for their staff. This is our conclusion.

3. maranello71

maranello71 Formula 3

Jan 23, 2004
    Chicagoland
    Full Name:
    Andre
    For used cars, definitely SWITZERLAND. If you are exporting the car to the US, you shouldn't have any problems buying a car in Switzerland, exporting it to Europe and running it on temporary registration until you leave (you shouldn't pay any taxes if the car is destined for the USA). The swiss market is totally flooded with supercars, to give you an example a '03 F575 Fiorano F.1 won't cost you more than 135-140K US$, and that's from a main dealer including VAT 7.6%.

Check out www.autoscout24.ch to get an idea of what's available

4. Malfark

Malfark F1 Veteran

Oct 31, 2002
    Mud Island, Europe
    Full Name:
    Markem
    Switzerland...probably...but then there are duties to be paid to bring the car into the EU. Germany prabably has the best range of pre-owned cars and the UK must be the most expensive plae to buy on the face of the earth!

Cheers, MARK