430 - Which is the BEST Carbon Diffuser for F430 | Page 3 | FerrariChat

430 Which is the BEST Carbon Diffuser for F430

Discussion in '360/430' started by Ferrari1221, Jan 16, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Ferrari1221

Ferrari1221 Karting

Jan 14, 2017
    Glad you caught them, which is why I am going to use blue lock tight from now on.

2. Ferrari1221

Ferrari1221 Karting

Jan 14, 2017
    Hey just wanted to thank everybody for their input. I decided to go with the Exotic Car Gear Diffuser as many of you recommended it and David is a class act. He took the time to answer all my questions about the carbon diffuser, very professional. I am expecting to receive it sometime in March, will post back pictures.

Red 27 and The4DA like this.
  3. Ray Smith

Ray Smith Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

May 17, 2020
    Costa Mesa, CA
    Full Name:
    Raymond Smith
    Please do.

I may replace mine with one made of reinforced prestretched concrete ...

Ray

cole328 likes this.
  4. Ferrari1221

Ferrari1221 Karting

Jan 14, 2017
    Ray,

Thanks for the laugh, I needed that. Thinking back, with all my experience as a DY mechanic, I must admit, it does puzzle me a little bit how easy the bolts that hold on the diffuser came out. Which is why I am going to use Blue Loctite, not red, as I think red is overkill and we remove diffuser for yearly maintenance as needed. This is just an extra insurance policy to protect the diffuser in the future.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

armedferret and Ray Smith like this.
  5. Ray Smith

Ray Smith Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

May 17, 2020
    Costa Mesa, CA
    Full Name:
    Raymond Smith
    Yes, I would go with the blue. The red is for fasteners that are removed only very infrequently and must never work loose.

One of the issues with the diffuser fasteners is that they are relatively short (except for the five on the under tray end) and therefore have less friction surface. The Locktite ameliorates that issue.

I want to see photos of your CF replacement. For $1,800 that doesn't sound so out of reach.

Good luck.

Ray

6. Ferrari1221

Ferrari1221 Karting

Jan 14, 2017
    Ray,

I will be sure and post pictures when I get it and install. Love sharing our knowledge on this forum, I have learned so much, so any way I can help others I would be more than happy to do so. Not to side this thread, but I did purchase a Capristo Exhaust and made a video of it being installed, which I will put up to share and can help with that if anyone has questions, start a new thread.

Ray Smith and autowerks9 like this.
  7. flash32

flash32 F1 Veteran

Aug 22, 2008
    Central NJ
    Full Name:
    Dominick
    I use blue on all underbody bolts .. also be careful of the badge (scuderia on grill on back) comes loose as well as the bolts holding air vents on hatch (tell me how I know)

A little blue goes a long way .. just so you are aware ..ferrari puts a dab of blue on even the screws on the map pockets on firewall

Sent from my moto g(7) using Tapatalk

8. Ray Smith

Ray Smith Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

May 17, 2020
    Costa Mesa, CA
    Full Name:
    Raymond Smith
    Good idea, and good to know.

Ray

9. janmante

janmante Karting
    BANNED

Jan 9, 2021
    Full Name:
    jan mante
    My friend was cheated and ripped off by R tuned so I would NEVER recommend them !
    he bought a aftermarket CF front wing for his F430 and it did not fit ( too wide )
    they suggested he send them his OEM front wing which was slightly damaged but very repairable So they could get the size correct . In fact, they said it would be repaired, and they would do it !
    he received the new aftermarket CF front wing ( the second one ) and it fit and looked good .
    when he asked about his OEM wing , the "carbon version" which is $3,800 from a dealer they gave him 4 different stories ! EG lost, destroyed, damaged, and " no idea " ( all documented w/ emails ) and they NEVER returned it !
    So we are pretty certain they repaired and sold on the used part !
    sorry, they cannot be trusted! The president of Hong Kong wrote to him and the matter was referred for police and other investigation !
    Haggerty insurance is also making a theft investigation !

jayne simmons likes this.
  10. Kent Adams

Kent Adams Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 11, 2020
    How did you get it to fit. Mine does not fit correctly.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

11. Kent Adams

Kent Adams Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 11, 2020
    Your's doesn't fit right. You can see the factory rub marks on it as well as the indent on the bumper.

12. Marcoboxer

Marcoboxer Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 5, 2019
    Alpharetta, GA
    Full Name:
    Mark Roberts
    I had very similar problems. I used spacers to move the diffuser down and away from the rear bumper. I do want to add, the quality of the piece was outstanding. I went for a matte finish, YMMV.

13. Kent Adams

Kent Adams Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 11, 2020
    Would you be so kind as to send me a picture? I'm very frustrated. I waited a couple of months to get this and then a couple of months before I had the opportunity to install it and I'm on PTO this week and this is one of my projects. I'd love to get out and drive my car. I've only driven it once this year. Also, what kind of spacers?

14. The4DA

The4DA Karting

Aug 31, 2018
    GA
    Full Name:
    RC
    Yup, I know. I had the expectation there would be some kind of fitment difference. If you're able to get yours to fit like OEM, please do post it here.

15. Marcoboxer

Marcoboxer Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 5, 2019
    Alpharetta, GA
    Full Name:
    Mark Roberts
    Sure. It’ll be a couple of hours. Are there any pics in particular?

Sent from my iPad using FerrariChat.com mobile app

16. Kent Adams

Kent Adams Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 11, 2020
    I don't expect you to show me the spacers as I guess that would require you to remove the diffuser, but if you could take pictures from the same angle I've done, that would be helpful.

17. Kent Adams

Kent Adams Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 11, 2020
    I don't expect you to show me the spacers as I guess that would require you to remove the diffuser, but if you could take pictures from the same angle I've done, that would be helpful.

18. Felix Yuen

Felix Yuen Karting

Sep 3, 2018
    Full Name:
    Felix Yuen
    i find r-tuned's product to be pretty on point with fitment
    the owner is also on the forum and is a Ferrari enthusiast

19. Kent Adams

Kent Adams Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 11, 2020
    Thanks. I'm working with the seller on it now. He seems to be a stand up guy so I'll report back on my experience.

20. Extreme1

Extreme1 Formula 3

Jun 27, 2017
    Santa Clarita, CA
    I had a great experience with Phil from Rtuned when I bought my CF front diffuser. I’ve got my eye on a CF rear diffuser from them also.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

21. jayne simmons

jayne simmons Rookie
    BANNED

Aug 7, 2021
    i suggest use a drop of low strength locktite NEVER use power tools to tighten those fasteners ! use a short handle 1/4 drive ratchet you can feel when they are tight . same thing happened to me ! mine came loose and i heard a scraping sound over 100MPH ! air pressure pulled it down ! i use a drop of locktite now ! no worries !