Which is more FUN - 360 vs Lotus Elise | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Which is more FUN - 360 vs Lotus Elise

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by cohiba_man, Nov 9, 2003.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. cohiba_man

cohiba_man Formula Junior

Jan 23, 2003
    Canada
    Full Name:
    John
    Go to the Australia site, their color selector is much better. Don't know the URL though.

2. JaguarXJ6

JaguarXJ6 F1 Veteran

Feb 12, 2003
    Black Hawk, CO
    Full Name:
    Sunny
  3. JaguarXJ6

JaguarXJ6 F1 Veteran

Feb 12, 2003
    Black Hawk, CO
    Full Name:
    Sunny
  4. Dale

Dale F1 Veteran

Oct 7, 2003
    uk
    Full Name:
    Dale Juan
    Hi slim lotus elise look good in all colours,they do so much to the engines over here supercharge,turbo chargers,cam kits special cranks rods the lot,not a masive fan of the k-series engine but you guys are gona get the jap engine,wonder why lotus did that then mmmmmmmmmh,
    good motors we need um we aint got many straight roads,
    cheers
    Dale.

5. Dom

Dom F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 5, 2002
    Why oh why can't ferrari make one of these. Call it a Dino. Or call it a maserati, or an alfa, or ferrari light or whatever. I want an Italian version of the Elise.

Please Please Please. If there is anybody from Ferrari reading this. Please Please Please.

Dom

6. 95spiderman

95spiderman F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    ny
    was on track at lime rock this weekend with exige. style and looks are amazing. period. very fast. problem about daily driver is extremely high door sills making entry, exit difficult esp with roof on. will be an amazing play thing that must worry pcar boxster

7. tvrfreak

tvrfreak F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Mar 31, 2003
    Arkansas
    Full Name:
    F K
    Right on. The current Exige is awesome, but getting in and out is very difficult.

The sills in the S2 are much lower, making entry and egress far easier. If there is an Exige version of this ever launched, it will be the one to get.

8. JaguarXJ6

JaguarXJ6 F1 Veteran

Feb 12, 2003
    Black Hawk, CO
    Full Name:
    Sunny
    I don't think the Exige is planned, just the converted S2. However, if it does well, and we know it will, they might bring over the Exige :D

I will have to find them, but there were some sneak photos of the next version of the Elise. I seriously have to dig and try and find them. A big Lotus/Elise nut I know brought them up on my PC a few months ago and I didn't save the link like an idiot. Hopefully in a couple days I'll post them.

Sunny

9. tvrfreak

tvrfreak F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Mar 31, 2003
    Arkansas
    Full Name:
    F K
    The previous Elise had such a great response that they ended up making a consumer version of the racecar. I am sure this version will be no different. And it will be even more user-friendly because of the low sills--they really do make a huge difference.

The pics in circulation are just artistic concepts--nothing to go by. But they sure look good!

10. JaguarXJ6

JaguarXJ6 F1 Veteran

Feb 12, 2003
    Black Hawk, CO
    Full Name:
    Sunny
    The pics I saw was I think an Exige of some sort that was mostly covered except a partially revealed front end (front right quarter) that looked nothing like the Elise or the Exige out today. New Exige? It was not the GT. It was not the M250 either.

The quest is on :) I have an e-mail into a friend if he can pull them up again.

Sunny

11. tvrfreak

tvrfreak F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Mar 31, 2003
    Arkansas
    Full Name:
    F K
    Don't think I have seen that pic. But from my sources at the factory, I know that there is no S2 version of the Exige under development yet. So it must be something else. Maybe a private effort at making an S2 into a racecar?

Find the pic!

12. Tpup

Tpup Rookie

Nov 2, 2003
    Roswell, GA
    Full Name:
    Roy
    I own an Exige that I use as a track car. I have not driven a 360 but have had a few cars and the Exige/Elise is the most fun of any car I have owned. On the track, where top speed does not come into play much, the Elise/Exige is a very good car. A Pro driver on Road Atlanta drives a Porsche GT2 in 1.38.6. I run 1.42s with a passenger and I am far from a Pro. The only guys who run by me are full spec race cars or pro driven Z06 or TTs.

The new US Elise will be a bit slower due to weight but it will be a fast car. Here are pics of the latest test car brought over:

http://albums.photo.epson.com/j/AlbumIndex?u=4005321&a=30946375&pw=

These pics are about 1 week old. That car is not final spec but it is close.

In addition, there is an S2 Exige under development. You can read about it here:

http://www.elisetalk.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1187&highlight=exige

It is not currently planned for the US market but if the Elise does well I'm sure they would bring it in...

Roy
    www.lotussource.com

13. richard

richard Formula 3

Nov 3, 2003
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Richard Thompson III
    I was under the impression that it would be just as fast, if not faster than the Euro Elise since it (US Spec) has a larger engine to compensate for the extra weight.

14. JaguarXJ6

JaguarXJ6 F1 Veteran

Feb 12, 2003
    Black Hawk, CO
    Full Name:
    Sunny
    There are plenty of forced induction tweaks out there for the same engine already. Look no further, the US spec Elises will be faster than the Euro's, guaranteed! ;)

Also, the pics I saw were of the current Exige with a strange body kit, can't find them again, but it wasn't pics of the next Exige to be released. :(

15. Tpup

Tpup Rookie

Nov 2, 2003
    Roswell, GA
    Full Name:
    Roy
    Sorry, I was refering to my car. My car weighs under 1,700 wet with 190hp (I just upped it to 230:).

The Federal Elise will weigh slightly under 2,000lbs and will have 190hp.

FYI, there are several versions of the Elise sold in Europe. The base car has 120hp, the 111s weighs 1,700lbs and has 160hp. You can also order a Elise Sport 190 that has 190hp and a bunch of track goodies.

You are correct, the Fed car will be a bit better in power to weight than the 111s...

Roy