Which is easier? Transporting to Boise or Brain Surgery? | FerrariChat

Which is easier? Transporting to Boise or Brain Surgery?

Discussion in 'Rocky Mountain' started by Dane, May 8, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Dane

Dane Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Apr 25, 2002
    I've been calling darn near every number in HMN looking for a transporter willing to take a 308 from Dallas to Boise. I contacted Intercity, first (Fchat.com sponsor etiquette). No dice.

The typical response pertains to how hairy those nasty Rocky Mountains can be. Out of the almost 20 calls I have made, I found one, yes, one who will take the job and not charge me my arm AND my leg. Fortunately, it's an enclosed, non-stacking, two car carrier who even agreed to my short notice time-line of delivering in two weeks. Great guy who gave some references.

Anyone else with similar experience(s)?

2. LetsJet

LetsJet F1 Veteran
    Owner

May 24, 2004
    DC/LA/Paris/Haleiwa
    Full Name:
    Mr.
    Who is he? I'm still trying to get my car from AZ to MD.

3. Dane

Dane Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Apr 25, 2002
    His screen name is "jonathanp;" real name is Jonathan Peck, owner of DJ's Transportation at (214) 289-8915. I did a search here and the response was great. Drop him a line. Tell him I sent you as he was looking to add another car with my trip. My understanding is that he carries no more than two cars at once. Enclosed, non-stacked and door-to-door; the way it should be. Very reasonable rates. Dane

4. BoulderFCar

BoulderFCar F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 16, 2004
    Asheville, NC/Ft Lauderdale
    Full Name:
    Tom
    I used a guy in the Dallas (frisco) area to get my 355 from Vegas to Denver. I don't have the number but the company is Dream Car Connections. you can Google it. The Owner driver is Rick. He uses a single car enclosed hauler. Very good guy. I have used alot of the transport services and really liked Rick.

5. Dane

Dane Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Apr 25, 2002
    Tom,

I appreciate the tip. If Jonathan falls through, I will drop him a line. Thanks very much. Dane

6. Roland E Linder

Roland E Linder Formula 3

Nov 3, 2003
    COLORADO
    Full Name:
    Roland E Linder
    Call Jeff Tunnell from Haulin' assets.
    he does hauling for many F people , he is very good and travels all over.
    Good luck
    Roland
    F40LM

7. Dane

Dane Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Apr 25, 2002
    Thank you for the referral, Roland. Jonathan Peck did say this morning he'd take the job. I do appreciate the assistance, though. Dane

8. Dane

Dane Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Apr 25, 2002
    Follow-Up:

Jonathan Peck completed the transport of my car. His service was nothing short of perfect. He met a tight, yet safe, timeline to a less than popular location, southern Idaho. Thank you very much, Jonathan. Dane

9. Roland E Linder

Roland E Linder Formula 3

Nov 3, 2003
    COLORADO
    Full Name:
    Roland E Linder
    Glad to hear that all went well. It's always a stress to go thru when you have your car on the road in someone's trailer.
    LOL
    Take care
    Roland
    F40LM

10. jonathanp

jonathanp Formula Junior

Oct 31, 2003
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    Jonathan Peck
    Happy to help Dane, enjoy the car to it's fullest potential. :)

Talk to you soon,

Jonathan Peck