which goodwood? | FerrariChat

which goodwood?

Discussion in 'General Automotive Discussion' started by 95spiderman, Feb 20, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 95spiderman

95spiderman F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    ny
    thinking of a trip to england that could include goodwood. which event is better, the festival of speed in july or the revival in sept? if anyones been there, where should you stay, how many days attend, other attractions like warbird rides or track drives, etc? thanks

2. texasmr2

texasmr2 Two Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Oct 22, 2007
    Houston
    Full Name:
    Gregg
    I also want to go to this event, on my bucket list, so why not start with the Festival and once there you have the chance to inquire about the Revival event? One great thing I have heard/noticed about the Festival is that it is an event most of us could never imagine, bumping into some of the greatest drivers in racing history. Personally I would make a point of taking my "The Wall" album and having Nick Mason sign it and asking if I could sit in his 250GTO.

In summary I highly doubt either event will be disappointing.

3. gt4me

gt4me F1 Veteran

Sep 10, 2005
    UK
    Full Name:
    Lewis Mitchell
    The Festival of speed is just unbelievable. Everywhere you look there are cars you've read about in books/magazines your whole life. Couldn't recommend it highly enough.

4. Jdahlstrom

Jdahlstrom Formula 3

Feb 28, 2005
    Miami, Fl
    Full Name:
    Josh Dahlstrom
    Im doing the festival of speed this year. I dont think i have ever been so excited to go to an event.

5. gt4me

gt4me F1 Veteran

Sep 10, 2005
    UK
    Full Name:
    Lewis Mitchell
    Great, you'll love it. I'll be there Sunday only unfortunately.

6. Jdahlstrom

Jdahlstrom Formula 3

Feb 28, 2005
    Miami, Fl
    Full Name:
    Josh Dahlstrom
    I have a friend that lives near Goodwood and is an intern at rolls royce so I figured this would be the year to do it. I'm not sure what days we will be at the event. Going to try and do a couple other automotive stop while in England.

7. Madaboutred

Madaboutred Karting

Aug 10, 2013
    Athens Greece
    Full Name:
    Aris Thomazos
    Better to do July.
    Weather has much more % of being kind to you.
    In the festival of speed you have more chances of recognizing what you will be observing.
    In the Revival things are pretty "Connoisseur-ish" and the crowd quite photo-obsessed (many of them walking around with tripods and gear caring ONLY FOR THEIR perfect shot without letting space for the others)

Whatever you do, book early and enjoy.

8. Rory J

Rory J Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

May 30, 2006
    Did the Festival of Speed twice so far and would highly recommend it. The collection of cars in attendance is very eclectic ... something for everyone. Also lots of F1 and other racing drivers past and present. If you want to see both contemporary and classic, Festival is the one to do. That said, I'd love to go to the Revival which is all old cars, folks dress up in period outfits, etc. The Revival also uses the race circuit, whereas the Festival uses the hill climb exclusively.