Which Flash Should I Buy for Nikon D80 ? | FerrariChat

Which Flash Should I Buy for Nikon D80 ?

Discussion in 'Creative Arts' started by DIGMAN52, Aug 16, 2007.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. DIGMAN52

DIGMAN52 F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 30, 2004
    Dallas Texas
    Full Name:
    Philip C
    I've had my Nikon D80 for a while, and I think it's time for a better flash unit than the built in.
    Strictly a recreational photographer, the flash is mainly for family, people photos. I know
    Nikon has the Speedlight 600 and 800 series. What does spending more money get you?
    Are there other units out there I should consider? Thanks for any help you can give me.
    The built in does well sometimes, and washes the faces out at other times. Probably
    operator error. I also see some people using a cloth or plastic cover, I assume for difusing
    the light, is that a good idea?

2. kvisser

kvisser Formula 3

Dec 11, 2004
    Damascus, MD
    Full Name:
    Ken Visser
    I have a sb800 and I haven't begun to tap all the bells and whisles. I guess it depends on what you are trying to accomplish. You could start out by getting a cheap flash for 50 bucks and see how that performs for you then think about investing in the higher end pieces.

The difuser work well and are cheap additions to further smooth out pictures. Like any technology, it takes practise.

cheers

ken

3. Christian.Fr

Christian.Fr Two Time F1 World Champ

Jun 9, 2005
    Full Name:
    Christian.Fr
    for D80 you ve got also SB R200 including R1 outfit (need SX1 attachment on lenses),SB 400 it s a perfect solution range, now if you want it for a specific needs
    try the SB600 or SB800 very powerfull range

4. DIGMAN52

DIGMAN52 F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 30, 2004
    Dallas Texas
    Full Name:
    Philip C
    Thanks, I think I'll go to the small local camera shop where I bought it, and let them show me the options. Probably don't need high end for my purposes, but don't want to be cheap with this great camera.