Which FF? | FerrariChat

Which FF?

Discussion in 'FF/Lusso' started by cs1, Dec 15, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. cs1

cs1 Formula Junior

Oct 11, 2010
    UK
    Full Name:
    Mr X
    Based in the UK. Owned 360CS, F430 etc before. 2 children currently, 3rd will be born in 6 months so this is my last chance to try an FF that I can fit the whole family in. Looking for a deal now that I can sell in 6 months. Option of 2 separate cars. Wondering what you think will be harder to sell in 6 months time?

1) £90k for a 42k car. Nero with cream interior, daytona seats and *extensive* carbon fibre, rear entertainment, etc. 3 owners. Basically the perfect spec but high mileage.

2) £100k for a 20k car. Nero with nero interior. Limited carbon, no LEDs on steering wheel and no shields (more of a stealth spec but I know no LEDs is an issue on more sporty Ferraris). 3 owners. More basic spec but more normal mileage.

Both cars will have 1 year Ferrari warranty (transferrable), so I can sell it in 6 months with 6 months remaining.

Assuming I sell a little lower in summer after 2000-3000 miles, both will be great value cars at a few £k less, but does mileage trump spec in this case or would you say spec trumps mileage? i.e. which car come May/June time do you think I'll find harder to sell on?

2. cs1

cs1 Formula Junior

Oct 11, 2010
    UK
    Full Name:
    Mr X
    Come on guys, could use some advice on this one - for resale am I safer with poor spec low mileage or incredible spec high mileage (condition being the same)?

3. Agpl

Agpl Karting

Jan 15, 2013
    Worcestershire UK
    Full Name:
    John Ranson
    It a gamble normally with a Ferrari people are looking for low miles and immaculate? I remember seeing a high milage 599 a going back 10 years it was difficult to sell in the Uk. Yet in Europe higher milage is normal.
    I have had two FF's both good but beware infotainment/nav is not good I now have a GTC4 Lusso better in all areas but at a different price point.

My gut reaction you will loose more on the higher milage FF!

4. ttforcefed

ttforcefed F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    Go for the lower mile car for sure.

Caeruleus11 and vraa like this.
  5. cs1

cs1 Formula Junior

Oct 11, 2010
    UK
    Full Name:
    Mr X
    Even with the "lesser" spec and no-LEDs, which is supposed to be a must have on other cars like 458, not so sure FF buyers care, but still.. does everyone think mileage trumps spec on resale on these?

6. ttforcefed

ttforcefed F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    these things have depreciated so much "less spec" is just noise...not even sure what that mens...LEDS were cool 10 yrs ago when no one had them....they never light up on the street daily driving. definitely go with the lower mile car.

vraa likes this.
  7. Kooks86

Kooks86 Rookie

Dec 15, 2019
  8. Jaguar36

Jaguar36 Formula Junior

Nov 8, 2010
    Cherry Hill, NJ
    As others have said, the lower mileage one looks like a better deal, however, those are pretty different specs. Difference in cost to you if you're going to sell it in 6 months is going to be minimal anyway so why not choose the one you like better? Do you like the Daytona seats or the regular seats? I'm personally not a big fan of the Black with Black interior, but which one do you like better? I'd be choosing based on that, not which one is a better deal.

Caeruleus11 likes this.
  9. ANOpax

ANOpax Formula 3

Jul 1, 2015
    The Netherlands
    U.K. market is miles sensitive. Go with the lower mileage car.

Caeruleus11 likes this.
  10. Caeruleus11

Caeruleus11 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 11, 2013
    Agreed, if your hold time is 6 months then get the lower miles. If its 6 years and you will drive it a lot then get the spec you like better.

PS I use my LEDs all the time!

timjen88 and andyrichter like this.