Which Exotic can you drive everywhere? | Page 3 | FerrariChat

Which Exotic can you drive everywhere?

Discussion in 'General Automotive Discussion' started by Innovativethinker, Sep 1, 2013.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. tervuren

tervuren Formula 3

Apr 30, 2006
    I think exotic car - and low key, are two totally opposites. You're not gonna find one that meets both definitions...

An unwashed slightly scruffed up NSX is probably the closet you can get.

2. tervuren

tervuren Formula 3

Apr 30, 2006
    Three of Senna's F1 world driver championships were with Honda engines. Honda has six titles with their engines. Honda won six constructor champions. The NSX project was started while Honda was the top engine supplier of Formula 1. Japanese laws limiting HP meant that the NSX was not quite as fast as it could of been.

Personally, If I could afford a NSX, I'd take that stupid acura badge off, and replace with the Honda badge the rest of the world got.

3. Bullfighter

Bullfighter Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jan 26, 2005
    Indian Wells, California
    Full Name:
    Jon
    Agree with the R8 or Gallardo (which seem to be converging anyway...)

Not only can you drive it anywhere, but if you need service there are multiple Audi dealers in any larger city.

4. Bullfighter

Bullfighter Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jan 26, 2005
    Indian Wells, California
    Full Name:
    Jon
    Have you sat in one? The interior has too many Civic/Accord bits. I think that's always kept the NSX off my list -- ditto the Corvette. I want to like it, and on paper it's impressive, but then you get into the car and start looking around for the Hertz or Avis contract...

5. parkerfe

parkerfe F1 World Champ

Sep 4, 2001
    Cumming, Georgia
    Full Name:
    Franklin E. Parker
    FYI, the NSX was badged as a Honda in every country in the world, except the USA, where it was badged as an Acura.

6. Dino V

Dino V Formula 3

Sep 21, 2005
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    Dino
    GT-R as people who don't know will just think it's a "Nissan"

7. LI2782

LI2782 Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 19, 2010
    Didn't read every single post, but didn't see any votes for the SLS Mercedes. Great car for the OP's goal in my opinion.

8. Piper

Piper Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 6, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    Full Name:
    Bob
    If it weren't for the gull wings, I'd agree. Think the farthest you can go under the radar with AMG would be the SL65 or SL63 black edition. Those will get the job done.

Maybe the new Quattroporte.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

9. leead1

leead1 F1 Rookie

Nov 29, 2006
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Lee
    I take my cars to McDonalds or Taco Bell. In the small town I live it is not a problem.

I do not park these cars than leave them in WalMart or Home depot. They would be alright I suppose, but why take a chance.

I find that most people are very careful when they park next to an exotic. I really apreciate that.

I also suspect that people park their car next to mine because they know I will be careful of car door rash.

Lee

10. WILLIAM H

WILLIAM H Three Time F1 World Champ

Nov 1, 2003
    Victory Circle
    Full Name:
    HUBBSTER
    ZR1 Corvette. Very exotic and very comfortable & livable

Great AC, Nav, & luggage room

A used ZR1 is practically impossible to beat as a bargain exotic

11. leead1

leead1 F1 Rookie

Nov 29, 2006
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Lee
    And they are great cars so fast and refiined. I wish I had kept mine.

best

Lee

12. Andrew R.

Andrew R. Formula Junior

Jun 27, 2005
    Michigan
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    Agreed, the new vettes are awesome... not too expensive to maintain either!

I had a 97 C5 years ago and put about 60,000 miles on it with absolutely no problems.

13. ocr

ocr Karting

Dec 16, 2010
    Huntington Beach Cal
    Full Name:
    Glenn Morrow
    In 1991 I bought a NSX (#248) instead of a 348. It was faster even though it had less HP. It handled and drove better and cost 40K less. The NSX was the first car to use mostly aluminum and every car maker took notice and their cars are better today because of the Honda NSX.

14. DonJuan348

DonJuan348 F1 Rookie
    Owner

Aug 5, 2008
    Taxing Jersey
    I don't disagree . GTR is doing that today.

15. mbk

mbk Rookie

Apr 8, 2008
    As a NSX owner, as once a Lotus owner two of them, numerous Porsches, Ferrari, Jaguar XKE, Corvette, etc. --- I can say that the NSX for the money is an everyday driver --- yes, to those who know me the NSX is up for sale ---but--- it is time to try something else. Whether or not it is an exotic is really not the issue ---rather the enjoyment you get out of driving the vehicle no matter if it is Italian, German, or the like an exotic to me might be an everyday driver to you. All the comments are great but the best point is that everyone’s comments have been respected and the likes of others and that is what it is all about --- oh yea, might favorite vehicle my 2006 Ford Escape, starts all the time, great for the dogs, nice A/C and exotic especially when my 20 year old younger wife is in it with me ---that’s exotic.