Where to buy fuse box connectors | FerrariChat

Where to buy fuse box connectors

Discussion in 'Mondial' started by B11ocx, Aug 4, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. B11ocx

B11ocx Karting

Jan 30, 2014
    Manchester UK
    Full Name:
    Jon
    Hi,

I have a Mondial T and the usual fuse box issue. While the repair has worked on the board itself, the loom connector is pretty fried. i understand they can be bought from somewhere, but i can't find them. I am in the UK if that makes a difference.

Jon

2. stekkefun4

stekkefun4 Formula 3
    BANNED

Nov 22, 2006
    Belgium - Europe
    I have some, PM me

3. Ricambi America

Ricambi America F1 World Champ
    Sponsor Owner

4. blownfuse

blownfuse Karting

Jul 16, 2012
    Campbell, California
    As designed, the "duck-bill" connectors are not up to the task expected of them. After a number of insert / remove cycles they will no longer make sufficient contact with the pins, and will begin to overheat when subject to high current.

Replacing the connector, but not the pins, will not solve the overheating issue. It will only be a matter of time before you find yourself shopping for another connector.

Replacing the pins with similar pins will not solve the mating / cycling issue.

The workaround I am currently dog-fooding is replacing the connectors with .187" female quick-disconnects. http://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail/Panduit/DNF14-187-M/

They are more tedious to connect, but I believe the increase in reliability is worth the trouble.

5. Alden

Alden F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 25, 2010
    Central Florida
    #5 Alden, Aug 9, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  6. dfranzen

dfranzen Formula 3
    Owner

Aug 31, 2013
    Ponte Vedra Beach , FL
    Full Name:
    Don Franzen
    Yep Alden has made it easy for you!

Most shops use the spade with a pigtail....there is a sticky thread about this