Where is the indicator flasher relay and fuse | FerrariChat

Where is the indicator flasher relay and fuse

Discussion in 'Mondial' started by petrolheadjeff, Sep 28, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. petrolheadjeff

petrolheadjeff Karting

Apr 16, 2015
    London/Kent
    Full Name:
    Jeff
    Hi Can someone help me out please? I've been unable to find the cause of my indicator and brake light issue so I've booked the car in with my local auto electrician. He working from the diagram in the manual but would like to know where the indicator flasher relay and fuse are? In the diagram it suggests it could be fuse 28. I'm unsure that it is. Can anyone confirm this please?

Also, I've noticed 3 relays screwed to the bulkhead just above the center console. Do we have any idea what they do?

Phew!

Thanks,
    Jeff

2. porphy

porphy Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 9, 2009
    LouisvilleKY/Switzld
    Full Name:
    Randall Gatz
    The three relays are for the AC. It may change on the RHD model but on the LHD the flasher is up under the dash to the left of the steering wheel. If it is the original flasher, it is mounted on a flat hook on the bulkhead (firewall? maybe not on a mid-engined car).

3. petrolheadjeff

petrolheadjeff Karting

Apr 16, 2015
    London/Kent
    Full Name:
    Jeff
    Hi and thanks for your reply btw. My car is LHD so it would be in the same place as yours. Do you know if there is a fuse hidden anywhere on the car covering that circuit?

According to my sparks (London speak for electrician) he'd expect there to be a fuse someplace. We do now know that the indicators & brake lights are wired together, which seems weird. More over there doesn't seem to be a fuse unless it's in the relay.

My sparks, picked out fuse 28 from the wiring diagram as a possible suspect. If it is fuse 28 it's strange there is no mention of that written onto the fuse box lid. Hmmm ....

Luckily I was close to home when I realised the green dash light wasn't flashing at me. This explained why I had a fair few angry motorists yelling their heads off at me and referring to the brake lights. Of course they would. They couldn't know the fault had just appeared.

It's the first time on any car ever I've had either of these two systems totally stop working for me. Wired together, work or pack-up together.

Loosing the indicators is one thing and manageable with careful driving for a few miles but loosing the brake lights? Yikes, expect to be wearing a neck brace for a while if you get rear-ended. One driver caught me up at a set of lights and told me how close I got to beginning hit. "Yeah Really?" ....., and I never even knew .......

J

4. 308mon

308mon Karting

Oct 5, 2014
    UK
    #4 308mon, Sep 28, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 28, 2015
    The main fuse for the stop lights and the direction indicators should be the last one located at the far right-hand end of the row of fuses at the top of the main fuse box panel. The nominal ident number is "28" for the QV and "24" for the 3.2 if I recall correctly (16 amp in the QV and 20 amp in the 3.2). This fuse is supplied via the ignition key controlled relay (second relay in from right at bottom right-hand corner ident as "u" for the QV and far bottom right-hand corner ident as "v" for the 3.2).

5. dfranzen

dfranzen Formula 3
    Owner

Aug 31, 2013
    Ponte Vedra Beach , FL
    Full Name:
    Don Franzen
  6. reelees

reelees Karting

Aug 28, 2008
    Eagle lake, Florida
    Full Name:
    Cassius Rees
    I just had the same problem on my QV. After a lot of work I found the problem to be the plug on the fuse box not making good contact. On mine it is the verticle plug on the far right of the box and the second wire from the top.

7. Leighton360

Leighton360 Karting

Mar 31, 2014
    South Wales UK
    #7 Leighton360, Sep 29, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  8. petrolheadjeff

petrolheadjeff Karting

Apr 16, 2015
    London/Kent
    Full Name:
    Jeff
    Thanks but isn't that the fuse for the fuel pump?

9. 308mon

308mon Karting

Oct 5, 2014
    UK
    Fuse for fuel pump should be located fourth one in from top right-hand corner

10. dfranzen

dfranzen Formula 3
    Owner

Aug 31, 2013
    Ponte Vedra Beach , FL
    Full Name:
    Don Franzen
    Jeff

Well on the way to Vandenberg show yesterday I noticed that my signals not working then another car in the group said brake lights not working

fiddled around with the fuse and still no work

when I got home I took off the white connector and reinstalled a couple of times

everything works now!

11. Leighton360

Leighton360 Karting

Mar 31, 2014
    South Wales UK
    Sorry i didn't make it clear , meant the writing on the cover .... stop lights/turn signals