Where do you take your F-car for service in the GTA? | Page 14 | FerrariChat

Where do you take your F-car for service in the GTA?

Discussion in 'Canada' started by ClayMan, Jun 9, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. GerryD

GerryD Formula 3

May 5, 2010
    North of TO
    Full Name:
    Guido
    #326 GerryD, Oct 23, 2010
    Last edited: Oct 23, 2010
    Correct. I wonder if many in here even know the story behind how RF attained the dealership to start with. He is an unscrupulous business man that has no problem parting you with your money. Everyone that has been around since the 70s knows how this man operates. He and his dealership have not changed one bit. I have seen some of the cars that have been serviced or should I say butchered by them including a 355 where the owner was taken for 60gs over a 3 year period and the car still ran like crap. They will talk you into parts and service that you dont even need. Not only that but down the road you will find (while at another shop) that your car was repaired by taking short cuts while still charging you the "book" hours. Dont let the stealership fool you or you soon will find your wallet and you parting ways. Just ask yourself why many clients no longer bring their cars there for service when the warranty is up. A leopard does not change its spots.

2. f-man

f-man Formula 3
    BANNED

Oct 10, 2008
    canada
    Full Name:
    Jeff
    Where do you think Tony from Modena got his training?... You guessed it FOO.

3. f-man

f-man Formula 3
    BANNED

Oct 10, 2008
    canada
    Full Name:
    Jeff
    If we had a Dealer that operated with the class that downtown fine did, I would give them my business. Even though I love tinkering with my cars (I have a full shop in my garage including a service hoist, overhead mini crane etc...) I don't have time to do it always. I don't mind paying premium for premium service and products however, I don't like being ripped off. I think most of us on this site can relate to that.

4. Rorie

Rorie Formula Junior

Oct 2, 2007
    Why don't we just agree we all like the places we like.

I really like Rocco at RMP.

All we are doing is posting our positive experiences.

BTW, anyone know a good place to get the seats dyed. I need to get the drivers seat done, and it will look odd if I do not do the passenger seat.

Thanks

5. PbPedis

PbPedis Formula Junior

May 6, 2007
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Dennis
    I've had to purchase $2500 worth of parts within the last few months. I obviously looked to the US and did not even consider FoO originally but in the end decided to price them out and was pleasantly surprised that there wasn't a big difference, in fact, not enough of a difference that I ended up just buying from FoO. YMMV.

6. ragtop1

ragtop1 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 11, 2006
    Ontario
    Full Name:
    Larry Warren
    #331 ragtop1, Oct 23, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    I think a 40 minute drive to Gran Turismo in Alliston should be in order. He's rebuilt the engine & tranny on my 308 and just completed a full rebuild on my 400 GT. His shop rates are excellent and the work performed is fabulous. Brett has an outstanding knowledge & comprehension of Ferrari's. I was just there on Thursday to test drive the 400 and am very impressed with the results. He has a good eye for detail. Curently, there is a 308, 360, 460 in for service & a TR for an engine out major.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

7. GerryD

GerryD Formula 3

May 5, 2010
    North of TO
    Full Name:
    Guido
    FoO will not always sell you parts right away. They suspect many to be shopping for parts for the competition so they tell you the part will have to be ordered and it will be a week. They are disgusting. I would sooner order my parts from Daniel at Recambi and get them the next day.

8. f0430z

f0430z Karting

Sep 27, 2008
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    fz

I would really like to know the whole story on how he got the license to sell Ferrari... Now that is a dirty story??? Does anyone know the details. :)

9. moysiuan

moysiuan F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2005
    Canada
    Had my Mondial serviced by Gran Turismo in Aliston this summer. (Learned about them from FChat). Exceptional service experience.

I have had my mint 88 Mondial cab for 6 years (bought through Sergio at the old Autoforum, the car was in unusally good condition), and do my own work on the car as a hobby, but for various reasons was time for some things to be done by someone else. Specifically, had all belts, bearings done, water pump, clutch, and various fuel and coolant hoses. I had opportunistically acquired some parts over time intending to do things myself, they had no problem using my parts (including fuel line kits courtesy of Scuderia Rampante as discovered through FChat). Using appropriate judgement they also informed me of the need to skim the flywheel and caught a clutch slave cylinder on the margin of failure. Combined with the door to door trailer service, and the car being brought back as spotless as it was when I brought it in, looks to me like these folks understand how to make the Ferrari ownership experience first class. The price was quite reasonable, as a serious handyman enthusiast I know the work involved (e.g. fuel tank removal for hose replacements), this was very efficient labour, they must know these cars well.

The door to door service is unique as far as I can tell, and made this service unusually convenient.

FYI, the clutch was worn near limits (55,000kms on the original clutch!), and the new clutch has a lighter spring action and gives quite a dramatic improvement in the cars feel. Since I use the car as a rush hour commuter in the summer months, I am grateful for the slave cylinder catch, would have left me stranded. No matter how well one knows ones car, no substitute for a thoughtful expert.

GT earned my business, and will get it going forward. I intend to continue to have the most pristine and drivable Mondial in Canada!

(And thanks to FChat for making the Mondial experience viable and enjoyable).

10. Jay GT4

Jay GT4 F1 Rookie

Oct 16, 2001
    La mamma dei fessi
    Full Name:
    e sempre incinta
    Gentry Lane...sad story.

They used to invite me to the unveilings of the new cars but once they found out I service my car at Rock's that all ended. They even asked me why I don't service my car there. I just said "Rock's is around the corner from me." Plus they never have anything in stock. Rock has almost everything on the shelf...that's priceless.

11. wesr

wesr Rookie

Jan 31, 2008
    Is it to much for us younger guys to hear the story? PM maybe?

12. 6spdHorse

6spdHorse Formula Junior

Mar 30, 2006
    #337 6spdHorse, Oct 29, 2010
    Last edited: Oct 29, 2010
    Just an FYI,FOO does door to door service in an enclosed flatbed(there own trucks),if it's under warranty-no charge,if not,you pay for it,about $200.00 each way(locally),my experience was very good with Ferrari of Ontario, you get what you pay for ...I know of an individual that owns 9 Ferrari's and he swears by FOO,..as for Sergio,great guy,bought 2 Ferrari's from him,he's at Humberview Motorsports now...

13. Jay GT4

Jay GT4 F1 Rookie

Oct 16, 2001
    La mamma dei fessi
    Full Name:
    e sempre incinta
    Those who know, won't tell....those who'll tell don't know" :D

14. red3555gtb

red3555gtb Formula 3
    BANNED

Nov 15, 2006
    Woodbridge/Ontario
    Full Name:
    Rocco
    Jeff check out auto trader.ca,Alfa Motorsports in Vaughan has 1970 Alfa Spider for sale that has gone through a total restoration by Modena Sports Cars.....from the description the car looks nice and very expensive.......... Alfa Motorsports is located in the old old FoO building on steeles and also deals in Ferrari's,looks like they're the new player in town dealing in Fcars.

15. daxon

daxon Rookie

Aug 19, 2007
    Toronto
    I hear it's Bieri Auto,new name maybe some new people,same old game.

16. AceMaster

AceMaster Three Time F1 World Champ

Feb 6, 2009
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Mike
    what is the "same old game"?

17. GerryD

GerryD Formula 3

May 5, 2010
    North of TO
    Full Name:
    Guido
    #342 GerryD, Nov 4, 2010
    Last edited: Nov 4, 2010
    Come on man! Some of the questions you ask make it look as though you dont have a clue.;)

18. AceMaster

AceMaster Three Time F1 World Champ

Feb 6, 2009
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Dude, you need to understand that I live in London, Ontario, not the GTA. Do you know the stories about the shops in London Ontario? That's what I thought....

What would be the purpose of me asking if I really knew the answer? So in all honesty, I DON'T have a clue

19. NICO R

NICO R Karting

Oct 8, 2008
    Woodbridge
    Full Name:
    Alex A
    If the Alfa was done at Modena sport cars. The bill has to be 100 GS . Tony takes everyone to the cleaners. Maybe the guys has to sell it to pay for the bill.Why would you sell your car after doing all that work and spending all that money.

20. red3555gtb

red3555gtb Formula 3
    BANNED

Nov 15, 2006
    Woodbridge/Ontario
    Full Name:
    Rocco
    Nico,they want $80,000 for the 1970 Alfa.they tell me the owner wants to sell it for what he has into the restoration not including what he paid for the car.Btw note the wheels on the car I don't think they are original for that model ...... For the money they are asking one would demand all original I think but I'm not an Alfa follower.

21. GerryD

GerryD Formula 3

May 5, 2010
    North of TO
    Full Name:
    Guido
    Buy that Alfa and in the next 2 years one will lose lots of sleep as more money is forked over to make it RIGHT.

22. f-man

f-man Formula 3
    BANNED

Oct 10, 2008
    canada
    Full Name:
    Jeff
    I would have nothing to do with people or the cars that have had anything to do with Tony...Period.

23. GerryD

GerryD Formula 3

May 5, 2010
    North of TO
    Full Name:
    Guido
    Cant blame you. I wouldnt either. But some think they are saving money and still getting a good job. In the end you lose on both end big time.

24. MS250

MS250 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Full Name:
    Avvocato
    ^

my god - you too just keep hammering at this -

i cant imagine how bad this went for you guys, i am truly sorry to hear of this experience , from any shop -

i personally am truly grateful to hear of this information , as im sure others as well. I have never heard of this shop until it was mentioned here ... and thats funny to me since im a very long time owner.

plus (Rocco ) who would buy an alfa for $80,000 anyway ? you can get some decent iron for that money, American, and all kinds of other stuff.... that car will certainly have alot of birthdays over there unfortunately at that price point.

25. lowrider92

lowrider92 Rookie

Apr 28, 2009
    Fort Erie
    Full Name:
    Joseph Giliberti
    I am a new F car owner and just recently had my car serviced for the first time under my ownership. After reading through this thread, I decided to take my car to Daytona Auto. I just needed an oil service and mechanical inspection. I was very pleased with the service of my car and the the way I was treated by the staff at Daytona. Alex was a pleasure to deal with and I found him to be fair and meticulous with my car. I also had the pleasure of meeting Massimo, super guy!! A real class operation! Grazi