Where can I find the history of my Ferrari 612 (marketing car) | FerrariChat

Where can I find the history of my Ferrari 612 (marketing car)

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by Titobandito, Nov 24, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Titobandito

Titobandito Karting

May 26, 2019
    Switzerland
    #1 Titobandito, Nov 24, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 24, 2019
    Hi all,

An anyone tell me where I can find the history of my 2008-9 Ferrari 612 One to One? She is a bit confusing in provenance.

The car was imported new into Switzerland (were I live) with the dealer listed as simply **marketing** in place of a normal dealer name. My other Ferraris have always list the dealer as the importer. The official owner and first registrant in Switzerland is Ferrari Spa. All the documents and the Swiss registration list Ferrari as the owner. So this car was owned and registered by Ferrari. The car was delivered and registered in Geneva. Records show the car was driven for about 10,000 km over a couple of years, then transferred to a Geneva dealer and sold on. Guy I bought the car from third hand told me he heard from the dealer that it was a car used by Luca di Montezemolo while he was president of the formula one team association in Geneva. I didn’t pay any extra for the story, obviously, but the story fits the timeline and locale. I’d love to know if this was really true or not.

The car was ordered with some options my dealer tells me were not normally available, suggesting this was not a normal vehicle. Even things that were not available as One to One options, but the dealer tells me it all is factory installed stuff. The car is a bit of a mystery in that regard. It has the mufflers from a 599 (and sounds mean), and a leather lined trunk like a Sesanta of 612, among other things. None of this is particularly exotic, but it is weird and the service manager at my official dealer tells me this stuff is original.

Anyway, she is a lovely car and my family and I have had lots of fun with her, so our stories mean more than the car’s past, but we’d love to know why she was made.

Is there someone at Ferrari I can contact to find out what was the original purpose of the car?

I put some of the owner's manual documents below. I didn't put the original Swiss registration, but it is similarly showing Ferrari Spa as the registration holder rather than a specific individual.

-Tito
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

G. Pepper likes this.
  2. Themaven

Themaven F1 Rookie

Nov 2, 2014
    Eastdown
    Full Name:
    Darius
    Very interesting story. If it were Luca’s car, I wonder if they also built it with a few more hp from the engine. He certainly wouldn’t have been given a bad one.

I’m sure an expert here will chime in. If I were you though I would speak to a) the dealer in Geneva - there is sure to be someone there who knows and b) your friendly local Ferrari club. Please let us know how it goes.

3. ross

ross Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Mar 25, 2002
    houston/geneva
    Full Name:
    Ross
    i may be able to help you.
    i know the dealers in geneva, lausanne, and zug. but so might you if you are there today.

i know that when Gino Forghione took over the present building where the Ferrari dealership is in Geneva (formerly Ford/GM), that Luca came to the party to inaugurate it, because i saw him there. and Gino told me he had managed to get the concession and get Luca's blessing because he has some kind of connection with him. so it is very possible that Luca kept a car there for his own purposes.

anyway, let me know if you need an introduction

4. Titobandito

Titobandito Karting

May 26, 2019
    Switzerland
    I'm at a dealer up in Basel, so a connection/name in Geneva would be great. Thanks so much for the offer of help.