Where Can I find Modern House Plans?? | FerrariChat

Where Can I find Modern House Plans??

Discussion in 'Creative Arts' started by 7407, Jan 4, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 7407

7407 Rookie

Dec 25, 2006
    I have been trying to find some modern house plans for a house that is 6 to 8 thousand square feet. I have searched the internet and have not found many. I also looked through Dwell (the magazine). I am looking for something modern/contemporary and am just not sure where to look.

I would appreciate any help or tips that you may have.

2. Darryl

Darryl Formula Junior

Jan 4, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Darryl
    Hire a good Architect if your going to build a house this size and do it right. Where are you located? I could recommend someone to you, you would save time and money in the long run. I designed very expensive custom homes in the Palm Springs, San Diego, Laguna Beach area for 10 years until getting into school design and opening my own firm (hcarchinc.com). Look at Holden and Johsons website, they are my mentors in Palm Desert, California, I worked for them for 7 years. They are recognized nationally as well. Email if you have further questions.
    Glad to assist, Darryl

3. agup48

agup48 Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 15, 2006
    Phoenix
    Full Name:
    AG
    First tip: State where you are located, easier for us to help you find some architects around you. ;)

4. 7407

7407 Rookie

Dec 25, 2006
    I am located in Charleston WV, but I am willing to travel to find someone that could help me. In my area there are not many modern/contemporary homes. I am in real estate development and management. I specialize in multi-family units which I develop, build and manage. I also own and manage some commercial properties, as well as build zero lot line homes in communities which I have developed. I have about 10 different house plans that I have found over the last year and a half, each one has aspects that I like. I would like someone to compile what I like from each one and include it in my house design.

Thanks
    Joe