Where can I buy the following for my Mondial? | FerrariChat

Where can I buy the following for my Mondial?

Discussion in 'Mondial' started by Tim Simpson, Dec 30, 2011.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Tim Simpson

Tim Simpson Rookie

Dec 8, 2011
    York. UK
    Full Name:
    Tim Simpson
    #1 Tim Simpson, Dec 30, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Restoration is continuing nicely on My 1980 Green Mondial but I am struggling with a couple of items.
    3 of the original Carello headlamps are ok but as the car is LHD I need to change them all to RHD headlamps. Does anyone know a supplier in the UK?

I also need a good supplier to get me the following parts:
    Timing belt kit
    Water pump.

The interior has also suffered whilst it has been in storage for 25 years and the leather is past it. Does anyone know a good company in the UK that wont charge stupid money to recover it?
    It seems to be that as soon as I mention Ferrari to them they start quoting me in the £1000's.

Any help appreciated!
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. Valenzo

Valenzo F1 Veteran

Dec 4, 2010
    IL & NC
    Full Name:
    Ted
    #2 Valenzo, Dec 30, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 30, 2011

Can i say.... LOVE that green, can't wait to see it completed!

sorry for the lack of help and self absorbed response but can you give me the name and color code of that green? See i have a '69 chevy that I've been looking for the right green for. thank you. :)

3. bfried

bfried Rookie

Dec 13, 2009
    Washington, D.C.
    Full Name:
    Brandon L. Fried
    Good post. Please share the waterpump source as I may need one as well for my 83 Cab.

As for the leather seats, I had mine redone by a guy in the Washington, DC area for about $1500 USD and they are beautiful! The cost savings may be worthwhile even with the price of shipping to and from the UK. Also, because they would be in the States for repair, your import duties will be minimal if any. Here's the website: http://www.leatherclinic.com/

4. Tim Simpson

Tim Simpson Rookie

Dec 8, 2011
    York. UK
    Full Name:
    Tim Simpson
    The green is certainly a different colour and I really LOVE it. I would love to find out how many green ones came of the production line!

5. Tim Simpson

Tim Simpson Rookie

Dec 8, 2011
    York. UK
    Full Name:
    Tim Simpson
    Thanks for the info. i will certainly consider it as companies in the UK have been quoting around £8000.00 to do it!!!!!!!!!!

6. soucorp

soucorp F1 Rookie

Sep 20, 2011
    Old Dominion
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Have you tried Ricambiamerica for your parts, they seem very reasonable.
    http://www.ricambiamerica.com/

7. greyboxer

greyboxer F1 World Champ

Dec 8, 2004
    South East
    Full Name:
    Jimmie
    Its not very helpful if you do not say who you have already tried if anyone for your belts & pump - there's loads of UK parts suppliers eg ferrariparts.co.uk eurospares superformance prosport all of whom have been regularly listed on this site

I accept a cheap leather house is less easy but you might ask or look in the UK section or possibly dino or vintage

8. Tim Simpson

Tim Simpson Rookie

Dec 8, 2011
    York. UK
    Full Name:
    Tim Simpson
    Sorry I missed that part!

The colour code is 600c

9. 4re308

4re308 F1 Rookie

Jun 13, 2001
    Woodstock, GA
    Full Name:
    Mitch D
    WOW I've never in my life seen a green Mondy coupe. LOVE it. Is that Verde Medio?

10. Tim Simpson

Tim Simpson Rookie

Dec 8, 2011
    York. UK
    Full Name:
    Tim Simpson
    It is Verde Medio and it is certainly different!

11. MondialNeil

MondialNeil Formula Junior

Apr 2, 2007
    Bucks,UK
    Full Name:
    Neil S Perry
  12. 365boxer

365boxer Formula Junior

Sep 30, 2004
    La Drova, Spain
    Full Name:
    Nick
    Hi Tim. P M Sent

13. PV Dirk

PV Dirk F1 Veteran

Jul 26, 2009
    Ahwatukee, AZ
    For the interior leather you might try looking at GAHH on the internet. I believe they sell kits for the Mondials. As handy as you are you may be able to do the install yourself.

14. wrs46

wrs46 Formula 3

May 19, 2005
    QC, CANADA (&CH, &F)
    Full Name:
    Walter
    I've dealt with both Eurospares (timing belt & bearings, water pump) and Superformance (wheel bearings) in the UK and found them to be cheaper (including shipping!) than the North American suppliers...

I also found new Michelin TRX's from a vintage tire supplier in Hamburg, Germany. Don't ask the cost, though....:)

15. Tim Simpson

Tim Simpson Rookie

Dec 8, 2011
    York. UK
    Full Name:
    Tim Simpson
    Thank you for the info guys.
    I have just ordered a shed load of parts from Superformance.

I seem to be struggling on the headlamps....... they measure 5 3/4 inches. Any ideas anyone?

16. MondialNeil

MondialNeil Formula Junior

Apr 2, 2007
    Bucks,UK
    Full Name:
    Neil S Perry
    #16 MondialNeil, Jan 3, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 3, 2012
  17. fdekeu

fdekeu Formula Junior

Jun 19, 2008
    Belzium
    Full Name:
    Frank
    Redoing the seats should not cost you more than 1000£ for a 4-seater
    This guy in Holland charged 650 euro tot redo a 328 (J.Mulder in Kampen tel. 0900-3453453)

18. gt4me

gt4me F1 Veteran

Sep 10, 2005
    UK
    Full Name:
    Lewis Mitchell
    Love that colour!

19. ukshooter

ukshooter Rookie

Jul 5, 2011
    Crowthorne, UK
    Full Name:
    Ian Morgan
    Trimmania over near me in Berkshire are good for all trim work. The guy who runs it is called Eric. He made up some custom tonneau covers and new seat coverings for my 1952 Morgan Flat Rad and also made some custom leather headrests for my Aero 8 in yellow leather so can pretty much do anything.

20. Tim Simpson

Tim Simpson Rookie

Dec 8, 2011
    York. UK
    Full Name:
    Tim Simpson
    Thanks for all the messages. I have now found a local company who are reconditioning the interior, headlining & are also going to make a new carpet set for not a great deal of money.
    All the engine parts have just arrived from Superformance. I must say their service was absolutely second to none and the parts were here the next day.
    looks like it's engine removal time this weekend! Should be running soon! Cant wait.........

21. Scaledetails

Scaledetails F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 19, 2003
    Daytona Beach, FL
    Full Name:
    Stephane
    What a great thread!
    Having owned 3 Mondial 8's, they are my favorite Mondials.
    Please keep up the photos, can't wait to see it done! Love that color.

22. Owlhead46

Owlhead46 Rookie

Jun 27, 2009
    UK
    Full Name:
    Nick Richardson
    When I purchased my Mondial t from Nick Cartwright`s of Matlock,UK, he had had the interior restored. He has excellent leather refurbishers. contact Nick on 01629 56999

Also, I find the bucket driver`s seat too narrow at the rear and it grips too tight across my pelvic bones for comfort. Graham Dean, car trimmer, of Ilkeston, Derbyshire made an extractly matching crema leather insert cushion that sits on the squab and is held in place by a tongue of leather that slides through the gap between the seat back and the squab. It`s secured in place by a strip of velcro below the squab. This sufficiently lifts the area I sit on the clear the tight part making the driving experience so much better. he charged a very reasonable £100.

He can re-do your inside. He`s first-rate and inexpensive. Telephone Graham on 0115 9307 144.

Hope this helps!