Where are you Russ? | FerrariChat

Where are you Russ?

Discussion in 'Mid-Atlantic Region - USA (PA, DE, MD, DC, VA)' started by Dopplemax, Dec 3, 2003.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Dopplemax

Dopplemax Formula 3

Whats that sound I hear at 7000 rpm?

2. snj5

snj5 F1 World Champ

Feb 22, 2003
    San Antonio
    Full Name:
    Russ Turner
    you talkin' to me?
    :)

3. Dopplemax

Dopplemax Formula 3

It was funny, I was sitting with Kendall and I asked him about your car, and he says; "Thats who just called me to tell me about a strange sound he was hearing at around 7K". Then he says I'm thinking to myself, what the hell are you doing turning 7 grand anyway! It was pretty funny.

Did you figure it out?

4. snj5

snj5 F1 World Champ

Feb 22, 2003
    San Antonio
    Full Name:
    Russ Turner
    Yes - Kendall is a trip.
    It runs like gangbusters up to 7000 rpm - I mean screamin' - and then it's like a soft rev limiter exactly at 7K, so I think it's electrical. Only happened once. I really like this new set up, let me tell you.
    Will be glad when new distributor is on.

Let me know if you (or anyone) ever want to meet up there and have a tour - I could look around that place for hours. In fact, may run up there tomorrow if you are around (in the snow :) )

best
    rt

5. Dopplemax

Dopplemax Formula 3

Let me know, I have to go to Car Max to sign over one of our company trucks around 1 or 2. My QV is there. You should see the bent 512 out in the parking lot! Very sad. There's an awesome Iso there as well. I's love to go by and check on my baby, so give me a call. I'll PM you my cell no.

6. Dopplemax

Dopplemax Formula 3

Hey Russ, sorry you couldn't make it out to play in the snow! I stopped by for a bit, went through Kendalls partial list for my QV. It's looking like 2004 before I'll get her back, what with the holidays and all.

Matt is doing most of the work on her right now. The have the motor back in the TR on the floor, sounds fantastic. You should check out the Dino they are rebuilding to sell. Beautiful color.

Give me a buzz sometime.