When to Pop | FerrariChat

When to Pop

Discussion in '365 GT4 2+2/400/412' started by infuriarsi, Mar 6, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. infuriarsi

infuriarsi Rookie

Oct 9, 2007
    Eugene, Oregon
    Full Name:
    Joseph Potter
    The head lamp pods on my 365 pop up when the control stalk is twisted and the marker lights come on. No lights are on in the pods, (low beam or hi beam). It seems to me that the pods should come up with low beam instead of the markers. I have a wiring diagram for a 400 but not 365, so does anyone know if the setup I have is "correct"? I am going to rewire the buckets to come up with the low beams since it looks stupid with the pods up. Are there any issues with doing this?

Joe

2. ArtS

ArtS F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 11, 2003
    Central NJ
    My guess is that the problem is within the stalk assembly. I think it has to do with you pulling back on the stalk slightly when you twist it. If I was to guess, the plastic piece of the assembly that surrounds the steering shaft has a crack in it.

Regards,

Art S.

3. b3tech

b3tech Karting

Apr 17, 2007
    Los Gatos CA
    Full Name:
    Boyd Bowdish
    the headlights on the 365 work as you describe, not as they are functioning. When the control is twisted lights come with low beams on. What happens when yoi move the control leveel up and down? The way it works is when the level is in the middle position, low beams. Up, no headlamps. Down high beams added.

When you send the operation of the control level, I can get you to the right place. I have the wiring diagram, need to scan and then I will post.

4. blkprlz

blkprlz Formula 3

Mar 24, 2007
    Tampa bay
    Full Name:
    Bruce
    My experience is only w/400i, if the controls are the same on the 365 then both quotes are correct. Maybe explained in this way may help, kind of discovered this by accident right after driving one for the first time.
    When I went to use the turn signal to signal a left hand turn, I accidentally hit the headlamp stalk down instead. The headlamp buckets came up. Even if you push the stalk down to the 2nd position, buckets are up. Go outside the car & look, you'll see that 'no' lights are on whether it be parking, low or high beams. Return the headlamp stalk to the top position. Now rotate the stalk knob 90 deg. towards the front & the marker lights come on. While in this position, push the stalk down one position---this is low beams. Push down to the 2nd position---high beams. I truly believe this operation to be purely 'European' in that when a car is parked (dark or dimly lit narrow streets), rather than shut all lighting controls down, you merely flip the stalk up to the top position & the parking lights stay on (& the buckets park themselves as well).