Wheels | FerrariChat

Wheels

Discussion in 'Mondial' started by Mondial 1985, Mar 9, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Mondial 1985

Mondial 1985 Formula Junior

Jun 13, 2012
    Greenville, SC
    Full Name:
    Mark Alan Day
    OK guys, I purchased those 16" reproduction wheels Rutlands had for sale on e-Bay. Getting ready for the "season" here in South Carolina. Now, just need to install the fuse/relay panel (I hope to God that cures my electrical issues) and I'll be ready to go!

2. theunissenguido

theunissenguido Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jan 21, 2004
    Argent/Brasil
    Full Name:
    Guido
    #2 theunissenguido, Mar 9, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  3. srephwed

srephwed F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 29, 2012
    street,md
    Full Name:
    fred brown
    When installing your fuse/relay panel I found it a good idea to go to the local auto parts store and get some dialectric grease. Not sure if I spelled it right but you get the idea. Any time you have a burned terminal it is because the connection was poor. A bad connection creates heat therefore the burned terminal. also a malfunctioning electrical component like a blower motor will also create heat and burn terminals. one thing I did find because the turn signals and stop lights are on the same fuse if it blows the chance of a rear ender goes way up. I found on e-bay auto reset circuit breakers that plug in just like a fuse. My car would pop the fuse every three months for some reason or another. Now it automatically resets and I go on. Good luck and have fun

4. Mondial 1985

Jun 13, 2012
    Greenville, SC
    Full Name:
    Mark Alan Day
    Thanks Guido. I plan on starting it soon.

5. Mondial 1985

Jun 13, 2012
    Greenville, SC
    Full Name:
    Mark Alan Day
    Yeah, I put dialectric grease on all my connections. I sure would like to know where to get those circuit breakers.

6. DavidJ

DavidJ Formula Junior

Feb 12, 2012
    Northern NJ
    Full Name:
    David
    I have to disagree about using dielectric grease in this type of application. It will be ok for a few years but this stuff tends to absorb moisture and in the long run it has the opposite effect that you are looking for on electrical connections in a semi-external environment such as the front boot of our cars.
    I suggest using Deoxit-5 or Stabilant-22 on electrical connections. A very small amount on the connection and one or two plug "in/out" exercise of the connections and wipe off the excess.

This has always worked for me.

Good Luck,

DavidJ

7. srephwed

srephwed F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 29, 2012
    street,md
    Full Name:
    fred brown
    Go to e-bay and type 30 amp blade type auto reset breaker. The green ones are what I got. they are also available in other amperages.

8. theunissenguido

theunissenguido Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jan 21, 2004
    Argent/Brasil
    Full Name:
    Guido
    Isn't it safer to look for the reason why that fuse pops everytime ? Before you know it will be a total short circuit with bigger (firework) effects !
    Find a good wiring diagram (Afterburner f-chat member has nice colored onces. I have seen recently.) and follow the wires and components to find that problem.
    Make shure you have a reliable fusebox.....I can help you out with this !

Guido

9. Mondial 1985

Jun 13, 2012
    Greenville, SC
    Full Name:
    Mark Alan Day
    Ooh Baby! Got my Superformance wheels last night. Can't wait to install them! Wish I could wear one of 'em around my neck (have to get a big ole logging chain, though).