Wheels-What Size Tyres | FerrariChat

Wheels-What Size Tyres

Discussion in 'Mondial' started by Mondial 1985, Mar 13, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Mondial 1985

Mondial 1985 Formula Junior

Jun 13, 2012
    Greenville, SC
    Full Name:
    Mark Alan Day
    Hey guys, I got the aftermarket set of wheels that to PO offered me in the trade, but at the time, I didn't know about the exclusivity of the original rims, so I told him to just keep the aftermarket rims. Well, when I saw the un-availability of the metrics for the OEM wheels, (or if you could get them, the price Coker charges per tyre) I decided I'd better ask for the after markets. Well, I received them today, but don't know what size tyre these take. Here's what I have: The rear wheels are definitely an inch wider than the fronts but the diameters are the same. The smaller rims have numbers stamped in them but the larger ones don't. The numbers in the smaller ones are:2 27 96 5482 AWI USA T 18X8 JJ. They have a diameter of right at 19 and 5/8" and a width of 9" (8" on the inside). The wider ones are the same but have a width of right at 10 and 3/8" on the outside and 9 and 3/8" on the inside. Can anyone point me to a tyre thread so I can see what they take?
    Thanks

2. Roc

Roc Karting

Nov 19, 2013
    Las Vegas, NV
    Full Name:
    Rocco LaBriola
    Hi Mark! Just put a new set of tires on my '85 QV. Purchased 18" 360 Rims from a fellow F-Chatter. What you want to look for are tires having the following height: Front: 24.88", Rear: 25.74". I have a suspicion that you probably have 18" rims also. In my case, I put 215/45ZR18's on the front and 275/40ZR18's on the rear. I've attached a link that will allow you to select whatever size tires you want with the corresponding height. Good luck!

TIre Height Chart

3. Mondial 1985

Mondial 1985 Formula Junior

Jun 13, 2012
    Greenville, SC
    Full Name:
    Mark Alan Day
    So it sounds like the wheels are 18" due to the "18X8" number on it? 8" width tyre?
    Thanks

4. bartzagato

bartzagato Formula Junior

Aug 7, 2010
    Belgium
    Full Name:
    Bart
    Height: 18"
    Width: 8"