Wheels For sale | FerrariChat

Wheels For sale

Discussion in 'Mondial' started by Mondial 1985, Apr 22, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Mondial 1985

Mondial 1985 Formula Junior

Jun 13, 2012
    Greenville, SC
    Full Name:
    Mark Alan Day
    #1 Mondial 1985, Apr 22, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Guys, I've got a set of wheels for the Mondial (3.0 QV). They're 18" and the rear are a little wider than the front. They are made by "Boyds" - don't know them - but they have the yellow and black horsey in the center. They're aluminumn. I was thinking of selling them and wanted to start here as opposed to e-Bay. If anyone might be interested and wants to see them, let me know and I'll post all of the particulars and pictures. I'll let 'em go to an F-chatter much cheaper than what I'd ask for on e-Bay. This is them on my car when the car belonged to someone else.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. hank sound

hank sound F1 Veteran

Jan 31, 2004
    Burbank, CA
    Full Name:
    Hank Garfield
    Hi Mark,

What car ?? - What wheels ?? May I see more of the P-51 ??

GLWS (and the wheels look quite nice).

Cheers, Hank

3. Rapalyea

Rapalyea Formula 3

Jun 18, 2013
    Georgia Mountains US
    Full Name:
    David Rapalyea alias
    What size tires are fitted? I was planning to move up to 17 inch wheels with 45 seires tires next time and yours seem a bit large to me. But might consider it.

4. Rapalyea

Rapalyea Formula 3

Jun 18, 2013
    Georgia Mountains US
    Full Name:
    David Rapalyea alias
    You ever been to Oshkosh Experimantal Air Show in Wisconsin? More P51s then I could shake a stick at. And just about one of everything else ever manufactured. They were givning rides in a Ford Tri-Motor! B-17, B-25, Super Constellation etc etc etc. Even the little BD5 jet. Probably 100 home build EZs.

5. Sunracer

Sunracer Formula Junior

May 18, 2005
    Makati City
    Full Name:
    Pierre Beniston
  6. Mondial 1985

Mondial 1985 Formula Junior

Jun 13, 2012
    Greenville, SC
    Full Name:
    Mark Alan Day
    I'm almost 100% sure they're 18s. I think I have the tyre specs written down. I will look it up and get some decent pictures.

7. sidtx

sidtx F1 Rookie
    Owner

Feb 9, 2014
    Frisco, Tx
    Full Name:
    Sid
    World's Greatest Airshow (in my humble opinion).

I got a ride in a Stinson Tri-Motor. That was incredible. The sound of those radials is something that is almost indescribable.

It's been a while since I've been. Now that the kids are grown up - maybe it's time to head back.

Sid

8. John_K_348

John_K_348 F1 Rookie

Sep 20, 2013
    Boston, MA
    Full Name:
    John E. Kenney
    Yup, Boyd Coddington. Big name in Hot Rods. Hi protege was Chip Foose. Had a little falling out when he left because of perceived competition. Not sure why. His shop manager was a real butthead bully and when another guy on the show left, I wondered why Boyd let this go on. (American Hot Rod). Boyd passed away shortly afterward and I can't help but think the stress contributed. Might have been different if he was more at peace with things.