Wheelhop in F 12 | FerrariChat

Wheelhop in F 12

Discussion in 'F12/812' started by ferrarista550, Jul 6, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ferrarista550

ferrarista550 Karting

Jan 6, 2011
    Torrance, Calif.
    Full Name:
    Mike Dwyer
    I love my F 12 except the wheelhop when I step on it in first . . .It usually does it in the higher RPMs. I have tried different manettino settings. Anyone else experience this?

2. Alexcle

Alexcle Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 2, 2018
    Full Name:
    Alex D
    Never experienced that, I get smooth wheel spin when in race or sport. but, I have the sport cup 2's still.

what tires are you running and whats the temp?

3. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    Put it in race mode and see if that helps

4. Ducati

Ducati Formula Junior

Jan 23, 2004
    So. Cal
    Full Name:
    Joe
    What tires are on your car? I just had the same problem with the OEM Pirelli's. I switched to the new Michelin's and the problem was solved. I think the sidewall on the Pirelli's is too soft. Also the car handling
    was much improved. I also think the sidewall is the problem there as well.

5. Jo Sta7

Jo Sta7 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 13, 2015
    Scottsdale/Pittsburgh
    Full Name:
    Jon
    The current generation of Michelin performance tires are amazing. Far better than the Michelins available at the time of the cars release. Universes ahead of the Pirellis.

6. Caeruleus11

Caeruleus11 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 11, 2013
    Its possible your tires are too cold or worn out. Check the dates on the tires and also the mileage on the car (and tires?). Don’t try experimenting on them until you know you have good tires on the car. This never happened to me with my F12. If the tires are good, make sure the tires are at least 90F when trying to deploy the power.

Sent from my iPad using FerrariChat

7. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Hopefully some place nice.
    Full Name:
    A.B
    Try raising your tyre pressure 0.1 bar. Especially the Pirellis need more air for regular street driving compared to what the manual states. If you have Pirellis raise the pressure by 0.2 bar over reccomended pressure. Then again, if you have Pirellis on it, get that junk off of it...

Something worth pointing out. The F12 is a bit oversprung, which is why the suspension can sometimes feel so busy and even jarring at times. I have experienced wheelhop in the F12, and there's no doubt that it can sometimes do this because it needs more damping. I know of a few guys that got better results by lowering the front 5mm and the rear 10mm. This had several advantages. It stiffened up the rear torsion bars which in itself helped the problem, but it also transferred more weight forward. These things served to not only help prevent the wheelhop, but it also made the car much less pushy and prone to understeer.

Try the pressures and Michelins first. Then consider having the chassis dialed in. Generally speaking, just consider having the car aligned. More often than not, they are not 100% from factory.

Sent from my SM-G930F using FerrariChat.com mobile app