Whee!!! I finally got a Wii!!! | FerrariChat

Whee!!! I finally got a Wii!!!

Discussion in 'Technology' started by ski_bum, Sep 6, 2007.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ski_bum

ski_bum Formula 3

Dec 26, 2002
    San Diego
    Full Name:
    Michael
    Well, not quite. Ordered one from credit card points, should be here in a couple of weeks. :) Time to start wasting time!

I'm not a crack of dawn, hardcore searcher. But I've been looking whenever I go to stores, never found one. A friend saw a couple, but when I got there an hour later they were gone.

2. Cicada

Cicada Formula 3

May 22, 2005
    Indian Wells, CA
    Full Name:
    Bryan
    that's crazy that they're still having supply issues with the Wii.

now, is it a result of HUGE demand, or is nintendo really having supply/mfg. issues?

3. ashsimmonds

ashsimmonds F1 World Champ

Feb 14, 2004
    adelaide, australia
    Full Name:
    Humble Narrator
    have fun for those few hours on the first couple days you own it... you'll probly not touch it again until 2008. mine's been collecting dust since xmas last year.

4. justhrowit

justhrowit Formula 3

Feb 12, 2004
    Dallas
    Full Name:
    Jay D.
    The wii is pretty darn cool. I got one for my nephew for his birthday back in June. Since then, I may as well be a super hero to him.

Be careful with the controlers. My wife was playing bowling. There is a strap on the controler for a reason!!!!!! She took out the my Mom's flat screen with the controler as it slipped out of her hand. It was just a small 20" T.V, but it still cost over $400.

On a side note...... would anyone imagine that the replacement screen would actually be more expensive than buying new T.V! T.V= $400-$450. New screen = $555 + labor!

J

5. WJHMH

WJHMH Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 5, 2001
    Panther City, Texas
    Full Name:
    WJHMH
    I was going to suggest reading wiihaveaproblem.com but the site has been down for quite some time. I wonder if Nintendo had anything to do with it?

Also, friend of mine got some the classic Nintendo games like Mike Tyson's Punchout, this game is so much nore fun on the Wii despite being a 20 year old game. Well worth checking out.

6. rollsorferrari?

rollsorferrari? F1 Veteran

Jun 5, 2006
    St. Louis
    Full Name:
    Scott
    lol, i got an n64 when they first came out, i've never been a huge gamer, but i loved that thing. i played it for about a year straight, then lost interest. it's always been hooked up to my tv, i just never played it. finally, about a year ago, i started playing my old games again, and let me tell you, i love it again. i'm still not a huge gamer, but i'd love to get my hands on a wii, they just look so cool, i've played one a couple of times, that boxing game is amazing!

7. brokenarrow

brokenarrow F1 Rookie

Sep 25, 2006
    Txass
    Full Name:
    Bill
    My wife picked one up at Target last week. We all bowl, play golf and tennis on it. It's pretty darn cool. Yeah it'd be better to play outdoors, but when it's over 100 or raining, which it does here a lot in Texas, this beats watching TV anyday.

Love it~

8. Kami

Kami Formula Junior

Nov 28, 2006
    St. Louis
    +1 on the N64. I had one the day the came out and loved the thing for about a year. I re-discovered it this summer and now I can't turn it off. The best part, games are so cheap for it now!

9. PeterS

PeterS Four Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 24, 2003
    Goodyear, AZ
    Full Name:
    PeterS
    Where is Red on this one? I beleive he was one of the first to get one here. He always had good comments on it......Guess it's a good item to have on those Friday nights when you can't scrounge up a date:D

10. ferraridude615

ferraridude615 F1 Veteran

May 4, 2006
    Texas
    You are not the only one, www.wiihaveaproblem.com

11. PeterS

PeterS Four Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 24, 2003
    Goodyear, AZ
    Full Name:
    PeterS
    #11 PeterS, Sep 8, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017

Wii F***** Up:D
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

12. darth550

darth550 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 14, 2003
    In front of you
    Full Name:
    BCHC
    Pete. Try the soccer game later today. You might like it! ;)

13. SefacHotRodder

SefacHotRodder F1 World Champ

Dec 20, 2003
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Chris
    They are starting to be in stock at most places now. My friend works at EB Games and said they are staying on the shelves longer. Target had 3 or 4 in the other day which is the first time i've seen them in stock for a while

14. Razzer92

Razzer92 F1 Rookie

Aug 4, 2006
    coooool !

15. scud

scud F1 World Champ

Oct 2, 2004
    ash , the boxing would help your fitness regime no end

16. AnotherDunneDeal

AnotherDunneDeal F1 Veteran

Jun 2, 2003
    N.Richland Hills, Tx
    Full Name:
    James Dunne
    They now offer online downloads of a lot of the old games at super prices. $8 to $10 for about 20 of the older ones including some old Sega Genesis games. You get them by acquiring WII points. Our son has had his since March. He passed the highest tennis level after about two months It is amazing how much difference there is as you advance up in skill levels. He just got Metroid Prime 3 last week. It plays really cool......

17. smg2

smg2 F1 World Champ
    Sponsor

Apr 1, 2004
    Dumpster Fire #31
    Full Name:
    SMG
    my buddy got one recently and it was being used by the kids last weekend during the BBQ, my 4yr old when walking in front of another kid playing baseball and got the controller upside the head, a nice marble sized lump. Kids do not have the ability to play that console without nearly killing each other. after a few more accidents the kids were no longer allowed to play.

you'd think it would be easier for the adults, I was surprised to see grown adults reduced to flailing monkeys! the tennis game made them look like they were having seizures.

I figured the controller is an accelerometer and it's easier to play by only moving your hand, more control and no accidents. of course leave it to the nerd to take the fun out of the game :D

i don't think I'd buy one, its only fun in groups.

18. Lip Service

Lip Service Formula Junior

Dec 16, 2005
    Also Turbo GFX 16 games. However you can just Download emulator programs for your pc and scour the net for game roms. Alot cheaper, but without the novelty of playing on the wii.

19. Schatten

Schatten F1 World Champ
    Owner

Apr 3, 2001
    Austin, TX
    Full Name:
    Randy
    I had a similar problem with my 4 year old nephew and his 6 year old friend. My nephew could keep up just fine, but the 6 year old would hit everything in sight with the controller, including my nephew's head, back, chest, etc. I kept holding them apart while playing games (not recommended at these ages!) and kept an ottoman between them and other lines to keep them away from the tv. I also kept the tv remote in hand. Any acting out or up... and off the tv goes! After a while, it went very smoothly.

That's the point! It is a party game machine!