Whats with Ferrari and bogus HP numbers? | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Whats with Ferrari and bogus HP numbers?

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by 04g, Sep 14, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. exoticcardreamer

exoticcardreamer Formula 3

Dec 9, 2014
    usa
    Full Name:
    doesitmatter
    As a ferrari owner it bothers me that they don't go fast. I have been to shift sector and it's pretty well known that it isn't a good idea to bring a ferrari to a high speed event. It'll pretty much lose to other exotics in its class (and that's putting it mildly).

the owners who have the three brands (lambo/mclaren/ferrari) would be least likely to bring their ferrari to a high speed event.

DGPF likes this.
  2. DK308

DK308 F1 Rookie

Aug 13, 2013
    Europe, way north.
    Full Name:
    AB
    You're saying "lol u guys" to us? Your entire post history in this thread reeks of schools still out and you coming here simply to stir the pot.

You're throwing some big claims around. Listen, here's what you do. Take your cars, ALL OF THEM, to a dyno shop and make a video for us. Test them all, say 10 power pulls on each car when it's hot. Put up dyno sheets where it's proven that all runs are made using the J1349 standard for correction. Oh and make sure they use a Mustang dyno. 650 hp F12? Right...

Btw, you should know what 4wd does to quarter mile and half mile times.

Until you prove your postulates, your credibility and claims are worth exactly zip.

3. 04g

04g Karting

May 11, 2015

OMG Dyno sheet war! Your on.

Because dyno sheets prove way more than real world performance numbers. :|

exoticcardreamer is the only guy on here that actually gets out to events... ok back to the club house guys.

DGPF likes this.
  4. arizonaitalian

arizonaitalian F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Oct 29, 2010
    Wyoming
    Yes, but then I'm over 25 years old. (and definitely not a fanboy who doesn't own any of these cars staring at car mags and posters on the wall)

5. anunakki

anunakki Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Oct 8, 2005
    Las Vegas Nevada
    Full Name:
    Jerry
    Still waitiing for him to address this....

6. exoticcardreamer

Dec 9, 2014
    usa
    Full Name:
    doesitmatter
    I'm new to the forum so not much credibility yet. However, the speed numbers that 04g is posting are correct.

He was at a different event the one I attended. I attended the October 2015 event and I had the f12 and 650s with me along with another mclaren.

Huracans/aventadors/mclarens 12c/650 (stock) were all breaking 160 mph in half a mile

In my f12 I was in the 156 to 158 range and I have a full IPE exhaust system set up with a tune.

there is a video of a white speciale from last event that was in the 152 to 153 range.

7. Igor Ound

Igor Ound F1 Veteran

Sep 30, 2012
    The Horn
    Full Name:
    Igor Ound
    I want 5 minutes of my life back

8. 04g

04g Karting

May 11, 2015
    You guys dont think its a sad day when your telling the kids of today to go buy an electric car if they want to actually go fast; Ferraris are for looking cool at the golf club?

DGPF likes this.
  9. 04g

04g Karting

May 11, 2015
    I have owned all of the brands, many times over. I am also obviously trolling right now. Everybody knows the Ferrari marketing BS, other than actual owners who are still in denial.

You go to a porsche forum and tell them their cars are slow, they will all jump at the chance to prove you wrong, same with lambo and Mclaren guys.

You come to an F board and get a bunch of "its not about speed" "go buy a chevy with big tires" "ferrari is about looking cool not going fast".

i think its funny how the brand changed over the years and all the hardcore enthusiasts have moved on to other brands.

DGPF likes this.
  10. GrayTA

GrayTA F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 25, 2006
    Deep South
    Full Name:
    PDG
    So, 10 total posts - 9 of them in this thread thus far. Certainly seems like you are just coming to stir the pot for no good reason.

If you own a Ferrari like you say, post up the last 7 digits of your VIN for us and a pic of you with the cars you say you own - that might give you a bit more credibility in this crowd. Otherwise, you come across like a pissed off teenager creating drama.

A modern minivan will probably out drag my Ferrari, but I don't care. Its the feeling of driving it, of hearing the engine scream at 7k rpm, and a lot more intangibles that can only be experienced behind the wheel.

So, post up what you have!! I would like to see your cars!

PDG

11. 04g

04g Karting

May 11, 2015

the Black P1 :D ?

12. 04g

04g Karting

May 11, 2015
    Whether my cars are real or imagined won’t make the other F cars any faster unfortunately. I pointed out that modern Ferraris are getting spanked by everybody at every event and all you guys can come up with is asking for pictures of some sub $200k cars? :\

13. exoticcardreamer

Dec 9, 2014
    usa
    Full Name:
    doesitmatter
    I knew I should have used a different name in my profile. -:)

14. 04g

04g Karting

May 11, 2015

of course straight line its boring when the cars have no power :D

Never seen a cali at 1/2 event but my guess would be around 145mph, in the mix with subaru wagons and volvo SUV's.

DGPF likes this.
  15. GrayTA

GrayTA F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 25, 2006
    Deep South
    Full Name:
    PDG
    I was trying to give you a chance to get some credibility here in a relatively friendly way. I own my Ferrari as do several others in this thread. I know you recognized you were trolling, but you still come across like a bitter teenager. We see that all the time here and you are no different at this point.

If you don't want to work with that then good luck getting anyone to really reply or respond.

PDG

16. 04g

04g Karting

May 11, 2015
    179 is no joke for a stock car, its def the fastest out of the trinity. 918's seem to be solid 168-172 cars and the La will probably end up in 172-174 range. From what i heard it was your first time out too. Nice. full of envy over here your car is stunning.

17. Nospinzone

Nospinzone F1 Veteran

Jul 1, 2013
    Weston, MA
    Full Name:
    Paul
    Among several other factors, the driver's skill is important. ;)

18. anunakki

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Oct 8, 2005
    Las Vegas Nevada
    Full Name:
    Jerry

You werent very good at objective sciences in school were you ?

Oh and...

We all know you are trolling. No one is really as dense and obtuse as you are playing....but its still fun to play.

19. DK308

DK308 F1 Rookie

Aug 13, 2013
    Europe, way north.
    Full Name:
    AB
    War? It takes two to wage war. I wouldn't waste two seconds on waging war with you - don't kid yourself by thinking you're that important.

Here's what you obviously seem to miss ENTIRELY from my post - and wow, did I make it simple. You say that Ferrari make a lot less power than they claim. If your memory is bad, let me help you. 650 hp for the F12, 850 for the LaF and cars generally being 15% off. I asked you to prove it. What's more real than that? You're the one who put the numbers into this debate.

Let me put it to you in even simpler terms for ya sport. Your claims? Put up or... Well I guess you get the point.

20. 04g

04g Karting

May 11, 2015
    PDG, I love me some Fcars, pretty die hard fan here man. Just like to call a spade a spade. Would love to see Ferrari step their game up and this way we wouldnt have to save our F cars for Saturdays Cars and Coffee. Last shift-sector there was only 1 lonely F car that refused to race anybody; amongst about 30 Mclarens, P cars and Lambos. I wish F cars/owners would be in the mix thats all.

488 has hope!

21. anunakki

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Oct 8, 2005
    Las Vegas Nevada
    Full Name:
    Jerry
    My guess is that IF the original poster really does own the claimed cars, he is a young trust fund kid as he doesnt seem to understand nuance. Thats something you understand as you get older and something you understand when you have earned your money.

Many of us, myself included, could go buy a faster car right now. Maybe two. But we dont.

Why ?

Because being the fastest guy on the road was something we grew out of in our early 20s when the responsibilities of real life presented themselves.

Ive thought about buying a Tesla because the 0-60 time is 'cool' and appeals to my adolescent side, but truth is i dont enjoy the interior design of the car and thats way more important than how fast it goes.

Instead i have an ML63 which is plenty fast for every day driving yet still luxurious.

The OP reminds me of someone trying to convince me that Jack Daniels is better than Macallan because it gets you drunk faster.

22. exoticcardreamer

Dec 9, 2014
    usa
    Full Name:
    doesitmatter
    Yeah, we shall see. These cars have been tested a lot by professionals.

Straight line speed is more objective and factual when owners test their cars against each other.

Going around a circuit is where there is much more debate since there is so many factors that can give different results.

Anyways; A bunch of us amateurs with hypercars will be on a circuit together and we will probably get around to doing some launches for fun.

Will see how it plays out. I definitely wouldn't put too much into our circuit times as an indicator of how good the cars are (I'm expecting laferrari guy to kick my a$$)

23. 04g

04g Karting

May 11, 2015
    You cant be serious. I think i am being trolled back now.

F12
    3,550lbs
    740HP

156mph trap speed

Huracan
    3400lbs
    600HP

160mph trap speed

991TTS
    3600lbs
    550HP

158 trap speed

or are you actually going to argue that useless dynos mean more than trap speeds that show the actual HP?

DGPF likes this.
  24. 04g

04g Karting

May 11, 2015
    good luck, get videos ;D

25. DK308

DK308 F1 Rookie

Aug 13, 2013
    Europe, way north.
    Full Name:
    AB
    Christ you must really be thick!!!

You claim that the cars don't make the power. I ask you to prove it. If your Lambo makes claimed power, and the 458 does the same - why is that useless? Again, you are the one who started claiming Ferrari makes bogus claims and posted numbers.

Prove it!