What's my leather color? | FerrariChat

What's my leather color?

Discussion in 'Mondial' started by Fcarhappy, Jan 7, 2013.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Fcarhappy

Fcarhappy Karting

Dec 19, 2012
    At the risk of appearing stupid, is there a way of determining what color Ferrari used for the leather seats on my 1988 3.2? I'm know how to find the exterior paint code. I'm pretty sure what is on the car is original and it looks like a fairly ordinary color (lighter than the tan in my 550 but it really seems too dark to be creama). Did they use just a few standard colors?

2. soucorp

soucorp F1 Rookie

Sep 20, 2011
    Old Dominion
    Full Name:
    Mike
    I have not been able to find any leather code for my car either.
    But if you were asking so you can restore the leather to like new,
    see this thread: http://ferrarichat.com/forum/showthread.php?t=355918&highlight=leather

3. JazzyO

JazzyO F1 World Champ

Jan 14, 2007
    The Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Onno
    The leather colour normally is only noted on the original registration and sales documents, not anywhere on the car.

Onno

4. peterdavid911

peterdavid911 Formula 3

Apr 9, 2012
    London, UK
    Full Name:
    Peter
    Hi,

as Onno mentioned above its only on the original sales order document.

About 3 months ago I went to an official Ferrari dealer here in the UK and they looked up my chassis number and by doing so I have the engine number, engine type, external colour code, carpets colour and the internal leather colour code which is: 364013997 crema 3997.

In fact until this I thought my car was chiaro blue but is in fact blue sera, code Fer504/c

Try the same and see how you get along

Peter

5. davidgovett

davidgovett Karting

Apr 9, 2010
    Remember if you are wanting to color match to recondition, the leather will have faded a bit in the sun and with age. The best bet is to get a small snipping from under the seat for color matching. (Like Leatherique can do)
    Dave

6. 2000 456M

2000 456M F1 World Champ

Sep 29, 2007
    Portland, OR
    Full Name:
    Allan
    #6 2000 456M, Jan 7, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    I'm pretty confident that if it is "lighter than..tan...but too dark to be a crema," your interior is sabbia (sand).
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

7. FamilyCar

FamilyCar Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 26, 2007
    Seattle, Wa
    Full Name:
    Peter Goodall
    According to the often discussed "Original Ferrari V-8", the available interior colors in 1988 were:
    Grigio
    Nero
    Beige
    Crema
    Rosso
    Blu

If it's not Crema, it is probably the somewhat darker beige, as mine is. I confirmed that from Classiche or Ferrari, although I can't find the file right now.

Carpet colors were:

Nero
    Rosso
    Testa di Moro
    Blu
    Bruciato

For some reason I recall my carpet color is named "beaver" in Italian, although that is not listed above. It is a light to medium brown, perhaps Bruciato (burned) or Testa di Moro (not going there).

I'm pretty sure Ferrari can provide the correct color and interior codes from the initial build of the car. I'm looking there now, although I don't see the information on my profile. Might be worth signing in at Ferrari.com, though.

8. Falco

Falco Karting

May 18, 2008
    Cold Lake
    Full Name:
    Chris Martin
    #8 Falco, Jan 9, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017