Whats In Your Garage? | Page 4 | FerrariChat

Whats In Your Garage?

Discussion in 'North Central - USA (MI, IN, OH, KY, WV)' started by CInternational, Aug 4, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. carsinxs

carsinxs Formula Junior

Feb 26, 2007
    On The Fence
    Full Name:
    H
    CInternational had 11 posts total. Do you mean one user w/3 names?

2. 348_Spiderman

348_Spiderman Formula 3

Feb 16, 2004
    Cumming, GA
    Full Name:
    Mike
    I think it's Victor.

3. nthfinity

nthfinity F1 Veteran

Mar 21, 2005
    South East MI
    Full Name:
    Isaac not Issac
    hilarious!

4. 348_Spiderman

348_Spiderman Formula 3

Feb 16, 2004
    Cumming, GA
    Full Name:
    Mike
    I hate to say it, but for some reason, your Vector looks like a Vector. The M12 looks to me that it shares more genetics with a 90's Camaro than a Lamborghini and appears too much like a kit car. When I look at your car, it looks purpose built, and easily recognizable as being part of one of the most interesting automotive stories/legends around. The M12, not so much.

5. rext

rext Karting

Jul 20, 2008
    Lexington,Kentucky
    Full Name:
    Rex
    I had a huge poster when I was 17 of the Vector.I remember it saying 1200 HP and 10 or 11 second quarters.Which in the day,anything that broke a 13.9 sec quarter was amazing.It looks like a modded GM TPI engine in yours but the valve covers look wide like a big block? How many cubic inches is it? Very awesome car,please come to Keeneland with it.

6. LamboDreamz

LamboDreamz Karting

May 8, 2007
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Full Name:
    Jason
    Yes indeed. Cinternational, Killer430, and RJCollier were all the same person.

http://ferrarichat.com/forum/showthread.php?t=207612&page=3

7. nthfinity

nthfinity F1 Veteran

Mar 21, 2005
    South East MI
    Full Name:
    Isaac not Issac
    on race gas, Kurt's car will make 1200 hp...

Out of the box, with the tall gearing, the car runs 12.0; and 3.9 to 60 mph. Some cars may be faster, including this W8.

A company by the name of First created the intake runners, which GM copied but were 1/2 the diameter of those found in the Vector.

360 CID Rodeck Y block is what it is; although, it is reslevable to 572 I believe.

8. 348_Spiderman

348_Spiderman Formula 3

Feb 16, 2004
    Cumming, GA
    Full Name:
    Mike
  9. Vector W8

Vector W8 Formula Junior

Jun 30, 2004
    Michigan
    Full Name:
    Vector W8 015
    366cu in
    Sleevable race block (Rodeck) capable of 572 cu in.
    As Isaac says the car will do 1200hp with 110 octane fuel and the boost turned up to the factory limit of 14lbs.
    Intake manifold is from First. Much larger than the TPI set up from GM (GM copied it)
    The valve covers are custom, and are wide enough to be mistaken for big block valve covers, but they are shorter.

10. Gershwin

Gershwin F1 Veteran

Feb 21, 2005
    Kentucky
    he needs to apply it to something productive.

11. rext

rext Karting

Jul 20, 2008
    Lexington,Kentucky
    Full Name:
    Rex
    Going that quick is quite a feat for the gear.Its probably better for the bottom end and acceleration overall with that gear ratio? What kind of rearend does it have,suspension in rear? How does it handle? So,how long does it take to turn the boost up anyway.............I mean, you have done it ,right?

12. Vector W8

Vector W8 Formula Junior

Jun 30, 2004
    Michigan
    Full Name:
    Vector W8 015
    #87 Vector W8, Aug 22, 2008
    Last edited: Aug 22, 2008
    The car would be violently quick with a lower gear ratio. But getting it to hook up would have been difficult. the rear end is all custom and was cast by a supplier to Vector. The differential is a Gleason-Torsen. The rear suspensions set up is a DeDion rear suspension which has 4 trailing arms and one latteral link. Depending on how the suspension is adjusted it will pull anywhere from .92g up to 1.25g on the skid pad, the suspension is fully adjustable and when in its at its full race setting for the sway bars and the springs, it will scare passengers around corners. As for turning up the boost, its a simple dial on the dash board. But that is where you have to be careful, its tempting to dial it up, but you have to make sure you have race fuel in the tank to do so or you will detonate the engine in to oblvion. So if you have 110 octane fuel in her you can turn her up from the factory set minimum for 8lbs to the max of 14lbs. As for turning up the boost. I usually keep a 50/50 mix in the tank of my car, 92 and 110 octane fuel. I usually keep the boost between 10 and 11 lbs. It is good for around 800+ hp. Enough for that occasional run around the block. As for running cars with the boost up at 14 lbs, yes I have done it in several Vector W8's when we were still building them. PP001 and PP002 usually had 110 octane Dayco fuel in them so we could take potential clients out for that occasional poop your pants test drive.

Modulo_B likes this.
  13. rext

rext Karting

Jul 20, 2008
    Lexington,Kentucky
    Full Name:
    Rex
    Just about as good as it gets!

14. Ahmad310

Ahmad310 Rookie

Aug 29, 2008
    Cincinnati
    http://www.enquirer.com/editions/2003/02/09/biz_kisor09.html

I remember him coming around to all the carshows, and back when i worked at Blue Ash Airport he was in and out a few times, His Father had a plane.

15. Kevin2772

Kevin2772 Formula Junior

Jul 30, 2006
    Ohio
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    Yup, that would definitely be him! I had to pick his Rolls Silver Seraph up from his house when i was in high school working for Montgomery Jag, Bentley, and Rolls. Everything in that article is dead on as I remember people from that Don Pablos talking about him throwing $100's around like that. Im curious if he ever ended up in jail. He lived the good life for a year or so, thats for sure.