What's a 1981 Coupe worth with issues? | Page 3 | FerrariChat

What's a 1981 Coupe worth with issues?

Discussion in 'Mondial' started by carwhisperer, Oct 2, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. davemqv

davemqv F1 Rookie

Aug 28, 2014
    USA
    Full Name:
    Dave
    ACK! Please don't do that to some poor Mondial that can't defend itself!

I admire the skill and gumption it takes to rebuild/trick out old unloved cars, but it should never, never, never, under any circumstances, be done to a Ferrari. Unless it's the mid 1950's and your last name is Scaglietti, Farina, or Zagato, and some pretty lady named Ingrid wants a custom Ferrari. Then you have the universe's permission. :|

2. 19633500GT

19633500GT F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 9, 2010
    Blueberry
    Full Name:
    Muffin-Tops
    I've been considering a few things.

1. re-paint. I do not like red Ferrari's. I would love Azzuro Hyperion, and yes like a 512BB, I think Boxer trim would look handsome, and possibly remove the ugliness of the black bumpers...
    2. interior. I'm waiting to hear back on a quote to alcantara the entire interior.

That's about it.

3. JG333SP

JG333SP Formula 3

Mar 24, 2010
    N Shore, MA
    Full Name:
    Jim G
    I like the boxer scheme on a Mondial-although the purists will push back. I love it on my gt4-and it totally hides the bumpers and is period correct (so they could sell the damn things!). Mondials have about the same belt line as the gt4-but I think the gt4 is shorter height wise so you nay end up with a good amount more black matte on the bottom of the car. That would be cool with me though-and here's why: A good idea is a wrap. I'm respraying my car eventually and when I do I'm doing this. It's about $300 but you can peel it right off of any decent paint. Also, it looks better than whatever the stuff is they put on the car in '75 so the could get them off the dealer floor.

4. JG333SP

JG333SP Formula 3

Mar 24, 2010
    N Shore, MA
    Full Name:
    Jim G
    Then again I also love this rabbit project so what do I know! Must be that little bit of redneck lingering in my veins from growing up in fla?! That Buick engine is going to make this thing fly!

5. carwhisperer

carwhisperer Formula Junior

Sep 29, 2014
    Sacramento, CA
    Full Name:
    Brian
    I'm hoping for about 350hp at the wheels and about 2800lbs curb weight, so about 8lbs/wheel horsepower. The engine is actually the supercharged L67. 240hp in stock form with a lame supercharger. I have taken off the supercharger and installed a big Holset HX40 turbo. Hoping it can handle 20-25psi boost.