What Toolkit? | FerrariChat

What Toolkit?

Discussion in 'Vintage Ferrari Market' started by Augie'sPal, Jun 19, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Augie'sPal

Augie'sPal Formula Junior

Jun 23, 2009
    Washington state
    Full Name:
    Wil N. Stevenson
  2. 375+

375+ F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2005
    Not C4, and I am not familiar with that case. Contents look like 400/512 era but I have never seen a case with that finish. Not original IMO.

turbo-joe likes this.
  3. Augie'sPal

Jun 23, 2009
    Washington state
    Full Name:
    Wil N. Stevenson
    Pretty doggone good replica if it's not. I think it's probably OEM. Looking forward to other opinions.....

4. Augie'sPal

Jun 23, 2009
    Washington state
    Full Name:
    Wil N. Stevenson
  5. 375+

375+ F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2005
    It is later than C4, kits used Everests brand wrenches up through 1976 or thereabouts. The finish of the case is definitely not OEM it has been recovered with that textured material and added the Ferrari badge.

6. VetroresinaNL

VetroresinaNL Formula 3
    BANNED

Oct 25, 2012
    The Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Vetroresina
    I have seen pictures before of one of these. Never seen one in real life. Look like fake carbon. Content seems OEM, indeed 400/512 era. Maybe it was for sale being merchandise at Ferrari stores?

7. France

France Rookie

Jul 6, 2016
    Germany
    Full Name:
    Frank
    Reviving a previous thread:

One of these was offered as NOS for sale in late 2018: Outer design as above, red trays, Kravm wrenches, pliers with red handle covers, screwdrivers reading Ferrari on dark red-brown handles.
    My thought - even though I have no proof - on this type of toolkit is that they were available for some time as part no. 101509, after the Everest versions of the 70s and later Polytools version had been discontinued.
    Since Polytools toolkits were still fitted in 1982 to 400is, I assume the Kravm toolkit discussed here is a 1983 or somewhat later version.
    From late 1982 on, the 400i series were originally equipped with the round soft leather case.

Following this thought, Kravm toolkits like the one above possibly were available even back then only as a replacement part in case of a worn-out or missing toolkit on earlier cars, and hence could be seen as a period-correct spare part, couldn`t they?