What to eat/drink to lose weight/have good digestion? | Page 2 | FerrariChat

What to eat/drink to lose weight/have good digestion?

Discussion in 'Health & Fitness' started by amenasce, Aug 11, 2010.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. nthfinity

nthfinity F1 Veteran

Mar 21, 2005
    South East MI
    Full Name:
    Isaac not Issac
    LMAO!!!!

My new snack? Yogurt the last two days.

2. WILLIAM H

WILLIAM H Three Time F1 World Champ

Nov 1, 2003
    Victory Circle
    Full Name:
    HUBBSTER
    It worked, dropped almost 1 lb since yesterday

3. TexasF355F1

TexasF355F1 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 2, 2004
    Cloud-9
    Full Name:
    Jason
    Not to be too disgusting here (or funny depending on everyones attitude), but I've read that celery helps make your "load" more full. lol.

Are you using canned tuna?

4. amenasce

amenasce Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion
    It seems to be working. I did lose 1.5 kgs in less than a week but yesterday my friend had a baby so we went to have diner to celebrate (i only had Carpacio and Chicken but it was breaded..) and today i feel like i am back at square 1.

Its incredible how little you can eat when you limit yourself to 800cal. A naked juice smoothie is 240 cal per serving! A small bag of M&Ms is around 240...

5. Bullitt1

Bullitt1 Formula Junior

Oct 5, 2007
    Boca Raton, FL
    Full Name:
    Chris
    for the bloated feeling, food combining can be critical for some people. Also, see if you are gluten or dairy intolerant, they can both play havok on your system. A good probiotic and daily fiber supplements can be a great help.

Good luck!!

6. NeuroBeaker

NeuroBeaker Advising Moderator

Oct 1, 2008
    Huntsville, AL., USA
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    :eek: I can't... I can't... no - please, don't make me... :eek:

Apart from attempting to cut out the cakes and cookies - which didn't go well - nothing else on the list is a problem. :)

All the best,
    Andrew.

7. WILLIAM H

WILLIAM H Three Time F1 World Champ

Nov 1, 2003
    Victory Circle
    Full Name:
    HUBBSTER
    Yes to both. Unloading helps you lose weight faster :)

8. amenasce

Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion
    After about 2 weeks, i am feeling much better and less bloated (still a little..). I still have a long way to go but im motivated and the food is not bad at all.

Im shocked by how much calories i used to get before (I was probably averaging 2000 cals per day before..).

9. rdefabri

rdefabri Three Time F1 World Champ

Jun 4, 2008
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Rich
    I eat quite a bit and have been lucky that I don't gain weight easy - probably in the 2,500 calorie per day range.

Unfortunately, I need to lose about 5-10 pounds to compete in some upcoming Brazilian Jiu Jitsu Tournaments and I've been stuck at 180, and I need to be no bigger than 175 MAX!

Well, I figured out why I am stuck - alcohol! I drink a glass or 2 a night, and man that adds up - that's an addition 300 or so calories on TOP of your normal intake...

This week I stopped - lost about 2 pounds. Keep in mind that I train BJJ 2-3x per week and run 2-3x per week (2 to 3 miles per).

Hoping I get there - the Pan Ams are coming up (one of the most prestigious US-based tournaments)!

10. speedy4500

speedy4500 Formula Junior

Sep 19, 2004
    Furthermore, alcohol causes a spike in blood acetate levels which can decrease lipid oxidation up to 73% for a period lasting 12-48 hrs.

In other words, more importantly than the calories in an alcoholic beverage, your body slows down it's natural fat-burning tendency in response to alcohol consumption. And we're not talking about putting down a case of MGD.... just 2-3 drinks worth of alcohol is enough to knock down fat metabolism. Alcohol consumption also shows an increase in neurotransmitters that signal an increase in appetite (so you usually want to eat more when you drink). Alcohol also causes dehydration which is not good for muscle regeneration or athletic performance.

In general, alcohol is just really bad for you....

.... but life without scotch, beer, or wine would suck, so I still enjoy some from time to time. I don't keep any in my house and generally limit myself to alcoholic drinks one night each week. Sometimes I'll go weeks without alcohol and other times I might drink two or three nights in a row, but there's no doubt that reducing alcohol consumption is a big factor in slimming down and keeping fit.

11. rdefabri

rdefabri Three Time F1 World Champ

Jun 4, 2008
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Rich
    Well said - for many years when competing in bodybuilding, I was a teetotaler...but now that I am older, I love a good beer or wine. It's all about balance I suppose, and life's too short to worry about it!

12. amenasce

Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion
    I was out of town in the Hamptons for a week with the family. I was dreading this week as they are all Bon Vivant and love to eat..I managed to eat healthy while still enjoying my food and going to restaurants. I might not have managed to stay at 800 cals per day but im sure i didnt go much over 1000 per day plus i was swimming and running every day.

13. Ferraribot

Ferraribot F1 Veteran

800 calories per day doesn't sound like enough, especially for a man. I'm a 100-pound woman and I can't imagine eating that little. I try to eat a lot of veggies and fish, but I know my diet isn't perfect. I also take a probiotic every day, which helps with digestion. Same thing as in yogurt but in a pill.

14. amenasce

Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion
    Yes it is very hard to keep this diet when the usual protein bar is 300 cal or a yogurt is 80-100..

But it does work when i feel i need to drop some pounds fast, it's a great kick start to a more sustainable diet.

15. TG

TG F1 Veteran

Oct 26, 2004
    Newport Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    Taylor
    Agreed.

I consume close to a gallon of water a day, very chilled with lemon juice.

The yogurts are the best snack to have at $.5 a piece; 12g protein, 2g fat, 2g sugar.

16. TexasF355F1

Silver Subscribed

Feb 2, 2004
    Cloud-9
    Full Name:
    Jason
    Where are you finding yogurt for $.5? ;)

17. TG

TG F1 Veteran

Oct 26, 2004
    Newport Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    Taylor
    #42 TG, Sep 28, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  18. TexasF355F1

Silver Subscribed

Feb 2, 2004
    Cloud-9
    Full Name:
    Jason
    I was joking, b/c when you first see $.5 it looks like your saying it costs a nickle, when actually your saying fifty cents. :) lol

19. mooseclipper

mooseclipper Rookie

May 26, 2004
    Hawaii
    Eat healthy and exercise. Grilled chicken salad for meals. And then when you want to munch on some snacks, eat a Yoplait yogurt or some fruit. No cookies bad boy!

20. FrostyAK

FrostyAK Formula Junior

Aug 6, 2005
    Anchorage, AK
    I am a huge fan of mixing chia seed, lime, and honey in the morning. I had never heard of the stuff before reading 'Born To Run' but its pretty great. It's one of the greatest fiber sources in my diet and seems to help with keeping my system nice and clean.

I also drink tons of tea during the day. For years I was a coffee/diet Monster guy. These days I've really come to value tea for all its worth. Black in the morning and green all afternoon and evening. I feel way less heavy than I used to.

Notes...for years I was the fattest kid until high school and have been kind of a health freak ever since and have done tons of self experiment.

21. TG

TG F1 Veteran

Oct 26, 2004
    Newport Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    Taylor
    Understanding decimals better. Nonetheless, a great snack...

22. tundraphile

tundraphile F1 Veteran

May 16, 2007
    Missouri
    Ground flax seed mixed in with other foods (I add a tablespoon to Grape Nuts most mornings) will help with the bloated feeling. Not sure if it is a laxative per se, but certainly seems to work.

Cranberry juice is another one. But you can't get a juice cocktail as it is loaded with sugar. Buy pure cranberry juice concentrate which is unsweetened. Dilute it down per the directions or possibly weaker. It will be disgusting and sour. I add a packet of Equal or similar to choke it down.

23. TexasF355F1

Silver Subscribed

Feb 2, 2004
    Cloud-9
    Full Name:
    Jason
    LMAO.....3 months later :D

24. Ferraribot

Ferraribot F1 Veteran

I like to drink a lot of green tea too. About a month ago I felt tired and run down and like I might be getting sick. I kept drinking a lot of green tea and never got sick. Could be coincidence, but I still think it's very good for you.

25. amenasce

Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion
    Im back at square 1. I have been a lazy bum for a good month and been eating out a lot so i put on 5 kgs. Last week end i started working out again at the gym and havent had more than 1000 cals per day.

I also discovered the flax seed when i was in NY last October (eating at the race track isnt good for your digestion) and it helped me a lot. I also re-discovered Papaya. It taste so good and helps with digestion. Too bad that now, they are hard to find (at least good ones..).

Will try to get back to Insanity at least 3 times per week also.