What to eat/drink to lose weight/have good digestion? | FerrariChat

What to eat/drink to lose weight/have good digestion?

Discussion in 'Health & Fitness' started by amenasce, Aug 11, 2010.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. amenasce

amenasce Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion
    Im trying to lose some Kgs before the end of the month..Doing Insanity and going to the Gym/steam.

But no matter what i do, i still feel heavy/bloated even though im only eating lean cuisine or a tuna sandwich.

I figure i need something that i can digest fast/well?

An suggestions?

2. TexasF355F1

TexasF355F1 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 2, 2004
    Cloud-9
    Full Name:
    Jason
    Yogurt helps digestion.

Don't drink any alcohol if you're trying to reach a goal, which it's sounds as though you are.

3. nthfinity

nthfinity F1 Veteran

Mar 21, 2005
    South East MI
    Full Name:
    Isaac not Issac
    Couldn't agree more! Truly, calories in < calories out... but IMO it's more important to eat the right foods at the same time, not just less food. Enough dark green veggies, enough protein, enough fiber etc.

Look at food as a mechanical means to dropping weight, not as a guilty pleasure...

4. Kds

Kds F1 World Champ

#4 Kds, Aug 12, 2010
    Last edited: Aug 12, 2010
    Consume 900 - 1000 calories daily........measure your portions.......eat 4 times and never after 800 PM.

Fat free yogurt (it has the lowest carbs)
    Tuna without mayo
    Chicken breast
    Green beans
    Black beans
    Skim milk
    Low fat cottage cheese (it has the lowest carbs)
    White fish
    Salad with olive oil
    Whole eggs
    Certain red meats (small portions)
    Red onions, colored peppers, broccoli, mushrooms, etc

STOP......don't eat anything else........especially........

NO FRUIT
    NO SODIUM
    NO BOOZE
    NO SUGAR (especially the hidden and deliberately mis-labelled sugars, glucose, fructose, corn syrup, corn starch, maltodextrin, etc, etc)
    NO BREAD
    NO SOFT DRINKS
    NOTHING WHITE
    NOTHING THAT COMES IN A BOX AND/OR IS FROZEN AND/OR GOES INTO THE MICROWAVE

You'll lose around 15 pounds in the first 2 weeks........and 30 pounds +/- in 6-8 weeks........also, stop working out with weights.......just do cardio......

5. nthfinity

nthfinity F1 Veteran

Mar 21, 2005
    South East MI
    Full Name:
    Isaac not Issac
    It's amazing how fast you'll drop when doing that... but that isn't my goal as I like increasing my upper body size while dropping weight :)

... the cardio will make you hungry. I also don't think it's that wise to do less than 1200 calories / day.

6. Kds

Kds F1 World Champ

Every doctor's diet book I have read says 800 calories is the lowest you can safely go down to........doesn't mean they are right or wrong as everyone will react differently.......personally though......I can't handle it and I need 900-1000 calories a day to keep me sane and losing.

To maintain weight I need 1,500.......yet doctors reccomend 2,500........and at 2,500 I gain it back again.

7. nthfinity

nthfinity F1 Veteran

Mar 21, 2005
    South East MI
    Full Name:
    Isaac not Issac
    how tall are you?

I lost 5 lbs in 2 days once, and I felt terrible... I never have done a calorie count, but I'd estimate that I was doing 900-1000 both days. I'm 6'2"

8. amenasce

Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion
    Valeu! Vo esperimentar esse regime. No more lean cuisine..I tried for a week and didnt see any difference in how i felt the next day.Good thing is i love yogurt, tuna and chicken so it shouldnt be too hard. My only peche mignon is chocolate..i usually have a craving for something chocolate at 10 pm...

Bread, booze, soft drinks i can live without no problems.

When you say nothing white, do you mean dairy stuff? (cheese, milk etc..)?

Obrigado!!

9. TexasF355F1

TexasF355F1 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 2, 2004
    Cloud-9
    Full Name:
    Jason
    He can give you a more detailed answer, but yes. Although I don't think a glass of skim milk would be bad. But I hate skim milk so you may as well drink water.

10. MattiValhalla

MattiValhalla Karting

SKINNY BASTARD

It will change your life for the better

11. Kds

Kds F1 World Champ

#11 Kds, Aug 12, 2010
    nthfinity......

6'.....1"......and I fluctuate in a range between 190 - 195 pounds......used to be 290 pounds 4-5 years ago.

Andrew.....

De nada......if you are going to eat some chocolate, make sure that it is dark chocolate with 75% + cocoa as it is almost naturally sugar free.........you can drink skim or 1% milk and eat cheese.....but you have to choose certain cheeses over others, due to their nutritional content. It's too bad we don't have queijo minas here........

By no white stuff I meant things like bread, cookies, pastas, rice, potatoes, sugar, cakes, etc.........after 4-6 weeks you can put dark whole grain bread and whole grain rice back into the diet in limited amounts....etc.....but no white stuff. Refined processed carbs are the worst thing you can eat for weight gain........and they are commonly white in color.

if you want to have a drink or three, later on at a party for example, say after 4-6 weeks of the diet, don't drink any beer.....just vodka, whiskey, gin, rum, red wine, etc........no carbs in that stuff and a minor amount of carbs in red wine.

12. nthfinity

nthfinity F1 Veteran

Mar 21, 2005
    South East MI
    Full Name:
    Isaac not Issac
    That was me 18 months ago + 1" Well done! :) I'm currently 215, and aiming @ 185ish depending when I get there.

13. Kds

Kds F1 World Champ

#13 Kds, Aug 12, 2010
    Nice going !!!

It took me about 18 months to lose the 100 pounds too, thanks to my diet and the hyperthyroidism I had......and you'll find that years later it's easy to keep off. Luckily my TSH/T3/T4 levels are normal after killing my thyroid with RI, some people get fat again when the tests results go too far down.......

I was at 186 for a while, but it was just too hard to be at that level and not feel grumpy and restless.....I could probably hit 175 and get ripped, but I'd be totally miserable all the time, just like when I was bodybuilding and had low body fat.

14. nthfinity

nthfinity F1 Veteran

Mar 21, 2005
    South East MI
    Full Name:
    Isaac not Issac
    Unfortunately, I gained 20 lbs over the winter... I'll blame a shoulder injury on that, but that's just an excuse. I actually gained 1/2 of it after I restarted running in the spring :( I've got 6 more lbs to get back to where I left off. If I keep up my current workouts, that is going to happen real fast.

I do plan on backing off my workouts once I get to a point where I'm happy... but I have no idea when that will actually happen. Simply, I'm not going to let myself go again.

15. WILLIAM H

WILLIAM H Three Time F1 World Champ

Nov 1, 2003
    Victory Circle
    Full Name:
    HUBBSTER
    How much sodium is in lean cuisine ? sodium makes you retain water so cut some out

Try a tuna salad instead of tuna sandwich and only drink flat water, a little juice in the morning.

Lots of fiber like celery, brocoli, or asparagus will help too

When I really want to lose weight fast I just go on a protein shake diet + fiber & lots of water. Its not sustainable but its great for losing a few #s Fast

16. msdesignltd

msdesignltd F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 17, 2003
    NYC. / E. Hampton
    Full Name:
    Michael
    #16 msdesignltd, Aug 13, 2010
    Last edited: Aug 13, 2010
    Eat What You want within reason, Just make sure you sweat while on the sit up bench...

I have that Bloated feeling as well, even after a small snack, and I say Geeze if that made me full, what about dinner..

About a year ago, I purchased the old style inclined Sit up bench,
    By tightening my abdominals in the past year..it has built a jacket of muscle around my waist, no six pack however I can withstand a great punch in the stomach without harm..
    This muscle wall has replaced much of the bloated feeling with a more confident profile, one that was lagging before!
    I can now easily do 8 sets of 75 situps each..5 days a week..
    Yes lean all the way back..some of the reps with a 10lb. medicine ball...
    I feel I have improved greatly, however I have a long way to go as the love handles are still intact yet greatly reduced..
    Your Body Has a natural Weight Thermostat..rather than fight it, use it by turning Fat to muscle..

It works for me as starving myself is just too painful, not to mention the mood swings!!!!!!!!!

Does anyone else get mood swings while Dieting?????
    or just Me...(LOL)

And You Thought Roid Rage was bad!
    When I am Hungry.....Call Back or look Out!

17. amenasce

Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion

hmm Aspargus..Thanks for the tip. I love Aspargus. Gonna buy groceries on way home.

Tuna
    Chicken breast
    Broccoli
    Asparagus
    Yogurt
    Eggs

Which Protein Shake do you have? Do you mix it with Water?

18. amenasce

Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion

I tried eating within reason but that doesnt work. For example, yesterday i had one yogurt and a small tuna sandwich. Went to the steam room and did an Insanity at night..and this morning i woke up bloated again.

What is a sit up bench? Maybe i should try that.

19. nthfinity

nthfinity F1 Veteran

Mar 21, 2005
    South East MI
    Full Name:
    Isaac not Issac
    #19 nthfinity, Aug 13, 2010
    Try stepping on the scale only once in a week... That will kill the fluctuations of your water weight from day to day. Water may have no calorie value, and you need it badly after a workout... but you may actually weigh more after a workout than before with the re-hydration process. Just keep on working, and don't sweat the details when you know you aren't eating too much ;)

20. msdesignltd

msdesignltd F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 17, 2003
    NYC. / E. Hampton
    Full Name:
    Michael
    #20 msdesignltd, Aug 13, 2010

21. dunitlongpole

dunitlongpole Rookie

Jun 10, 2006
    If you are looking to loose as much fat as possible in a very short period of time, you should really check out some of Lyle Mcdonalds stuff, more specifically the Rapid Fat Loss Diet.

*Note: I have no interest in the aforementioned product, it just works for me and it will probably do the same for you...

22. WILLIAM H

Nov 1, 2003
    Victory Circle
    Full Name:
    HUBBSTER
    I was using Lean Body which is pretty good but the Gatorade shake is tastier, they come Premixed ready to drink

Theres a new powder called Cinch which is tasty w milk, tastes like crap w water but good for losing weight

23. brokenarrow

brokenarrow F1 Rookie

Sep 25, 2006
    Txass
    Full Name:
    Bill
    Start eating dehydrated fruit; apricots, apples etc to clean you out.

Increase your water intake to 8 ounces an hour.

Cut your carbs in half (and eliminate cake, candy, ice cream and cookies).

Cut back on your salt intake, and be fanatical about it.

Reduce your meat intake to no more than one serving every two days.

Increase vegetable, both fresh, steamed and seared (in olive oil).

Juice is your friend, freshly made.

You will feel phenomenal in two weeks. I guarantee it.

24. kali

kali Formula Junior

Dec 17, 2007
    Full Name:
    Elle
    just lots of fruits and veggies, and make sure you get enough fiber to clean you out

25. WILLIAM H

Nov 1, 2003
    Victory Circle
    Full Name:
    HUBBSTER
    My new snack is celery filled w chopped tuna, Yum, not really :( but it should work