what to do in LA? | Page 2 | FerrariChat

what to do in LA?

Discussion in 'California (Southern)' started by 95spiderman, Nov 12, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ridege55

ridege55 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

May 9, 2017
    Manhattan Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    John
    I agree either Local Yolk or North End Caffe, but they are a long stroll from the downtown area. Have to say the Strand House has a pretty awesome Bloody Mary. Fish Bar also has a good bloody.

2. darth550

darth550 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 14, 2003
    In front of you
    Full Name:
    BCHC
    ...and the view. :)

3. 95spiderman

95spiderman F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    ny
    Manhattan beach V nice. Reminds me of town nearby me in long island. Luckily no problem parking either

Then went to Porsche experience center and had amazing time. Did SIM racing in vr which I never tried before. Incredible. Actually thought the seat had motion but it was just illusion from vr.

Then drove base,Cayman on low friction handling courses, 1.3mi track, skid pad, crazy kick plate that simulates another car nudging you. Fabulous Tim at very reasonable rates.

Hiking tomorrow and thanks for all advice!

darth550 likes this.
  4. 95spiderman

Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    ny
    hiking runyon canyon was great. had drinks at spire rooftop bar but was too cold and bad techno music was too loud to enjoy surprisingly decent food. highly recommend the Porsche driving experience. the vr sim and then real car control exercises were awesome and the basic track was pretty good too. instructors really let you go as fast as you can which could be little dangerous w the wrong driver.

thanks to everyone here for all the advice. made it a great trip

5. 95spiderman

Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    ny
    oh yeah also the car show was pretty good too. better show than we get in ny. almost every car is locked in ny but this was opposite. and crowds were much more manageable than ny which really surprised me