What should my next car be? | Page 2 | FerrariChat

What should my next car be?

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by 4ROARE, Jun 5, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. cy0811

cy0811 Rookie

Feb 7, 2004
    @ginoBBi512 That Evo Program video is quite incredible...wow

However, if the OP is definitely set on a modern GT...my vote is for a F12.

I drove one a year or so ago and thought it was pretty awesome. That one did have a snarling, custom exhaust set up though.

ginoBBi512 likes this.
  2. ScottS

ScottS F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Mar 2, 2004
    Winter Park
    Full Name:
    Scott S
    Have a 430 manual.
    Had a Cali.
    Had a F12.

SCUD IS brutal and would love a scud for DD. But you mentioned wife.

599 would be a economical choice with HGTE. Look at those as well. Under budget and spectacular. If you go with this choice in a year you can probable start looking for scuds when the world rights it’s axis.

F12 if you’re not pining for a convertible ticks the boxes. Docile in town and brutal and raw when pushed. A great value. Beautiful and fast.

Don’t drive a 812. Don’t do it. Do not. Unless you want to be ruined for everything else. People told me when I said I loved my F12 that advice. I didn’t listen and now I have a 812.

My vote is F12.

4ROARE likes this.
  3. 4ROARE

4ROARE Karting

Apr 15, 2012
    Louisiana
    Full Name:
    Martin
    Thank you for you input. I will look into 599 at your suggestion. Wow! 812 that good? Now I HAVE to try one! Way out of my budget, though.

4. Ridgeback

Ridgeback Rookie

Nov 19, 2012
    Full Name:
    Richard
    Have you considered a GTC/4 Lusso? Awesome car, they aren't making any more, so prices will always hold. Just saying.....?

5. 4ROARE

4ROARE Karting

Apr 15, 2012
    Louisiana
    Full Name:
    Martin
    Thanks for weighing in. However, I still can't get used to that shape. I'm not alone on this am I?

6. rumen1

rumen1 Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jun 23, 2012
    Bulgaria
    I had a Scud and I now have F12. I must say they are both almost perfect in their own way, but they are very different from each other, so I'm afraid you will not make the right choice for you if you don't drive them both,as it depends on what driving sensation exactly are you looking for. For me personally it would be very hard to choose between these two if I had to right now...

EnzoItaly and chrisboll like this.
  7. Jerry Kennelly

Apr 29, 2020
    I have a 550 6 speed, a 458 Spider, an 812 GTS Spider, a new Ford GT and a Shelby GT350. If you want that raw old M3 feeling, get the 458 or the Shelby.

8. chrisboll

chrisboll Rookie

Sep 1, 2010
    Nothing is better than the sound of a 12 cylinder Ferrari. I have a 488 GTB and an F12 amongst other cars. The 488 is the more raw car. Louder, more aggressive. If the wife is important to you, get the F12. It's my wife's favorite car to ride in. It's very refined and very fast. In my opinion even better looking than the 812.

9. Cunnamulla

Cunnamulla Rookie

Apr 10, 2021
    Full Name:
    Robert
    The 458 Italia is one of the most beautiful Ferraris ever made in my opinion. In performance it is no slouch either - the last of the normally aspirated mid engined V8s. Have a look at a YouTube clip of Jeremy Clarkson test driving it on BBCs "Top Gear".

10. nickorette

nickorette Formula Junior

Jun 19, 2017
    Canada
    Options:
    458 -good balance between mid-engined fun and modern amenities for the wifey

FF+F430 F1 -best of both worlds. GT + Mid V8

Manual V12 Vantage + F430 -Luxury, plus manual and you get your mid engined car

F12

11. cfensty

cfensty Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 1, 2008
    South Carolina
    I highly recommend the Cali T HS. I went 308, 360, F430 to Cali T HS. Each Ferrari has always been paired with one or more BMW M cars. Currently, the Cali T HS is mated with a 2020 M2C (6MT). The Cali T is fast, versatile and comfortable. I have driven mine more in the first month than I drove the F430 in a year. Your Mrs. will appreciate the Cali T but definitely hold out until you find the right HS. Best of luck in your decision and search!

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

12. ShineKen

ShineKen F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 3, 2007
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Nostradamus
    Seems like you appreciate cars from the 90’s era… as you should :).

You need a manual 355 coupe, but you just don’t know it yet :). Less power than the F430, but should have a more playful feel and better sound track. Smooth car for the wifey as well.

13. Themaven

Themaven F1 Rookie

Nov 2, 2014
    Eastdown
    Full Name:
    Darius
    I agree about the gated 430. Most fun car I have ever driven, and I'm not selling mine.

But as an alternative..

458 is better and roomier and easier to live with and more refined, but less engaging at normal road speeds and not a manual

CS has a great rep but even more raw than a Scud, let alone a gated 430

Cali/Portofino are much more practical but not in the same ballpark for fun and engagement as a weekend drive

599 is fast but a bit remote

F12 is crazy fast but I found it a bit remote, video game

812 has the engagement dialled back in, really fun car as well as crazy fast, if you can stretch to it

488 spider is fun! Fast. Less feel than 430, particularly through the steering

can you afford a gated 575 with FHP? Really nice car but different, not as laugh out loud fun, different type of Ferrari

or a 550, or a 512TR

one issue is that the steering on 430 and 360 was pretty much the ultimate in terms of feel, so low speed engagement, after which it got very light and quick.

just some opinions!

14. LARRYH

LARRYH F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 3, 2011
    virginia usa
    I have owned two Scuds and that to me is a bargain compared to many others it sounds better than any V8 Ferrari and
    has just enough hp to be so much fund...I still have my second and will keep it... Now on the other hand I bought a 2015 F12 New and loved it but decided to sell it but now that all the future cars are less exciting for me .. I just took deliver on a late 2017 70th anniversary ...F12 ... and I love that but time will tell I suspect I will keep it for some time ...
    I am all about sound and the F12 sounds great and feels great already put nearly 300 miles on it.....
    so best of luck