What qualifies as a "no stories" Ferrari? | FerrariChat

What qualifies as a "no stories" Ferrari?

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by Husker, Oct 29, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Husker

Husker F1 World Champ

Dec 31, 2003
    western hemisphere
    I see this in ads all the time. "This is a no stories car." Would that be referring to accidents that are on CarFax that supposedly never happened?

What else would be considered a "story" on a Ferrari?

2. Meister

Meister F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 27, 2001
    Duluth, MN
    Full Name:
    The Meister
    To me anything that has to be "explained away" is a story. Why was the bumper resprayed, why was the top replaced, why are two tires different, why was the engine replaced under warranty, explaining incorrect or wrong info on a carfax or correct info on a crafax that's less than squeaky clean, why was it registered in Montana for 2 years, why did it have 10 owners in 8 years.... anything that needs to be explained away. A no stories car would not have such things

A lot of older ferrairs come with great stories of past owners, races won famous and sometime infamous works too.

Jaguar36, Viperjoe and EastMemphis like this.
  3. zstyle

zstyle Formula Junior

Jun 28, 2007
    Fountain Hills
    Full Name:
    Jon
    Sometimes...stories sell the car, but some stories are better than others.

Overtime, majority of the Ferraris will have stories. The ones that don't are generally very low mileage, museum pieces.

4. Shark01

Shark01 F1 Veteran

Jun 25, 2005
    The answer will be different for everyone.....it’s like asking what is the last analog car.

russellmcg likes this.
  5. fatbillybob

fatbillybob Two Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Aug 10, 2002
    socal
    The one you buy new...

6. EastMemphis

EastMemphis Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

May 25, 2019
    Memphis, TN
    Full Name:
    John
    I bought a "no stories" car. There's a difference between the stories you must hear because they need explaining and the stories the car actually has experienced that are hidden. For instance, I was checking the accelerator potentiometer and found the cover for the foot pedal area was cracked in several places. Behind the cover was a block of foam, also crushed and a pair of socks that had been stuffed in there to fill in the crushed foam.

I seriously doubt Ferrari used packing foam and socks to protect the area behind the foot pedal. The cover itself must have been abused severely to be cracked the way it was too. Typically, that panel isn't even touched so why it would be smashed repeatedly is beyond speculation.

So what story caused that panel to be broken more than once?

I removed the foam and socks and repaired the panel with fiberglass, thereby removing that story from history.

Image Unavailable, Please Login