What is wrong with this car? Ebay 355 | FerrariChat

What is wrong with this car? Ebay 355

Discussion in '348/355' started by JSL, Nov 7, 2003.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Kds

Kds F1 World Champ

All first glance, besides the price (which may very well be reality for this car) all that I can glean from the ad (and I must say it is a very unprofessional ad at that) is that the cam belts have been "checked"..........."Yup...Bubba, thers' these black rubber thingies on them thar sprockets alright"..........not exactly what I would call a confidence inspiring image is being presented here.

So......add $5-8K for the "major" service with cam belt replacement. People usually say when the last major was done to give the prospective buyer an idea. It's probably a "no records" car or one with books but needing a long overdue service. Incidentally, there is no mention of books and records in their ad text either.

Also, being a first year car, there are other issues which are expensive and listed in the archives here. Cracked headers and valve guides being 2 big ones IIRC.

2. mr. green

mr. green Formula Junior
    BANNED

Oct 31, 2003
    This is a car for an uneducated buyer, and believe me there are alot of
    them out there.

3. Cavallino Motors

Cavallino Motors F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

May 31, 2001
    Florida or Argentina
    Full Name:
    Martin W.
    This car is not for an uneducated buyer but for one that does his due dilligence. If you are in the market call them and ask for books and records. Ask for the 30K ask to have a PPI done if you are serious.

This car may have the valves done. Who knows.

Do your research but just don't discard it because it is being sold on ebay.

As I said the other day, Champion Porsche was selling a AMLS R8Audi LMP900 on ebay. They did not mention belts either. I guess they were never done????